Page 275 of 929 FirstFirst ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,875 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    A California man in his early 30s who derided vaccines on Twitter and Instagram died of COVID-19

https://news.yahoo.com/california-ma...101100901.html

“… ironically, as I continue to lay here, in South Corona, in my covid ward isolation room fighting off the virus and pneumonia. And no, i will not be getting vaccinated once i am discharged and released."

Then a few days later:

"I've fought this thing as hard as I can but unfortunately it's reached a point of critical choice & as much as I hate having to do this i'd rather it be willingness than forced emergency procedure. don't know when I'll wake up, please pray."
    I have a friend who is an anti-vaxxer but is also someone who hates to be wrong and would be mortified if she or her family got Covid and ended up hospitalized. Initially I know she and her husband thought it was just the flu but now I wonder what kind of battle is going on in her mind about this whole thing now that the Delta variant is raging.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    A California man in his early 30s who derided vaccines on Twitter and Instagram died of COVID-19

https://news.yahoo.com/california-ma...101100901.html

“… ironically, as I continue to lay here, in South Corona, in my covid ward isolation room fighting off the virus and pneumonia. And no, i will not be getting vaccinated once i am discharged and released."

Then a few days later:

"I've fought this thing as hard as I can but unfortunately it's reached a point of critical choice & as much as I hate having to do this i'd rather it be willingness than forced emergency procedure. don't know when I'll wake up, please pray."
    From Wikipedia: Hillsong College, formerly known as Hillsong International Leadership College is the training program within Hillsong Church

I suspect they do *not* do a lot of critical thinking in those college courses.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I have a friend who is an anti-vaxxer but is also someone who hates to be wrong and would be mortified if she or her family got Covid and ended up hospitalized. Initially I know she and her husband thought it was just the flu but now I wonder what kind of battle is going on in her mind about this whole thing now that the Delta variant is raging.
    Just imagine how exhausting it must be to be that dumb.

1/3 of people thought covid was just political hype that would disappear in early November (because it didn’t disappear with warm weather and sunshine).

Having to examine how wrong this thinking was means then having doubts about other things told you you by the same sources.

All of a sudden your firmly held world views are crumbling. Bye bye self identity. Back to boring old mundane life with very little drama or suspense or conspiracy. Maybe go back to feeling this strongly about your chosen NFL team or truck brand.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Are you trying to be obtuse?? Or are you really this fucking ignorant?
    Mask use is almost non existent in Norway and Sweden: https://socialdatascience.umd.edu/gl...illion-adults/

And yet:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sweden.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	380208

The data from Israel and the UK is making it clear that the effectiveness of the vaccines wears off over time. What's going to happen when the side effects for each successive booster shot get worse? Going to be interesting to see how the TGR big pharma shills/wanna-be immunologists grapple with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    you might want to back off & define freedom
    it isn't necessarily the selfish ability to do whatever the fuck you want whenever
    Should have tried that one on my sister when she couldn't marry her girlfriend in TX in 2010. Probably would've got socked in the face.

Just curious. Do you have the freedom to fuck sheep or pigs in Montana? If not, why not?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Just curious. Do you have the freedom to fuck sheep or pigs in Montana? If not, why not?
    Your wife is the only pig I've ever fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    Mask use is almost non existent in Norway and Sweden: https://socialdatascience.umd.edu/gl...illion-adults/

And yet:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sweden.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	380208
    What are we supposed to take away from this chart? If mask use is "almost nonexistent" in both of these countries, how are we supposed to glean anything from comparing the two countries? Maybe you need to throw in a country with high mask usage if you want to show mask usage is ineffective. Flu rates vary from year to year. You're going to need a whole lot better data than this to in any way prove that masks haven't help reduce the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by RoooR View Post
    Your wife is the only pig I've ever fucked.
    This quote belongs at the top of the next page.

You mad bro?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    What are we supposed to take away from this chart? If mask use is "almost nonexistent" in both of these countries, how are we supposed to glean anything from comparing the two countries? Maybe you need to throw in a country with high mask usage if you want to show mask usage is ineffective. Flu rates vary from year to year. You're going to need a whole lot better data than this to in any way prove that masks haven't help reduce the flu.
    It looks an awful lot like the average flu season chart given by the CDC:

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

The news has really been pushing stories like this lately and I have to admit the skeptic in me sometimes wonders if they aren't a little bit staged.

Unvaccinated nursing instructor in Missouri is hospitalized with Covid-19 and urging everyone to get the vaccine

Springfield, Missouri (CNN)Christy Henry had played it safe during the pandemic.

Wearing a mask in public and rarely coming into contact with others, the 56-year-old former nurse, who now works as a nursing instructor, resides in southern Missouri with her retired husband and children.

However, after Covid-19 vaccines became widely distributed in the spring, Henry and her family chose to not get inoculated. Henry said they felt because of their rural location and lifestyle, their risk of exposure was low.

But then she began to feel unwell about three weeks ago. "Never in a million years do you think it's going to happen to you," she said.

Her family did not have any Fourth of July gatherings and she is not sure how they got infected. But now, she and her husband, Lonnie, are in the hospital recovering from Covid-19.

While one of her six children also tested positive and avoided hospitalization, Lonnie is currently on a ventilator. Christy herself was intubated for at least two days.

Her doctor told her she is lucky to be alive, Christy told CNN from her hospital bed.

"Covid-19 is extremely, extremely serious," she said, urging everyone she knows to get vaccinated.

Henry is one of many dealing with Covid-19 amid a summer surge that has again strained hospital resources.

The difference in prognoses between those vaccinated and those who are not is also growing apparent. More than 97% of people who are entering hospitals for Covid-19 treatment are unvaccinated, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said at a White House briefing last week.

"There is a clear message that is coming through. This is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated," Walensky said.

Driven in large part by the Delta variant that is believed to be more transmissible and dangerous, 48 states are showing a seven-day average of new cases at least 10% higher than the week before, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

Dr. Howard Jarvis, an emergency medical physician in Springfield, Missouri, noted that the Delta variant's infection rates are being seen readily in area hospitals.

"I think this variant is just more severe than what we were experiencing previously," he said.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

You guys aren't going to be able to prove anything with flu season with a bunch of directional charts. You'd need a multivariate regression and even then it's gonna be tough. Was it masks? Was it lock-downs? Was it people not wanting to go out? Was it a less virulent strain of the flu? Was it people washing their hands more? Was it people with the flu being more reluctant to goto the hospital due to COVID fears?

2017-2018 was the worst flu season I've seen since I've been in health insurance. and even at it's peak the Inpatient hospital admissions were about 25% what COVID peaked at.
    2018-2019 was normal. About 40% the level of 2017-2018.
    2019-2020 started normal then dropped to about 40% of normal in March (see above)
    2020-2021 About 50% of normal. (see above)

For a 65+ person admitted with the Flu the average hospital stay is about 5.25 days. For COVID it's over 9.

Alabama Republican Gov. Ivey says 'start blaming the unvaccinated folks' for rise in Covid cases

Washington (CNN)Alabama Republican Gov. Kay Ivey on Thursday called out "the unvaccinated folks" for the rise in Covid-19 cases in her state, a remarkable plea at a time when many GOP leaders are refusing to urge people to get vaccinated even as Covid-19 cases surge in many parts of the country.

"Folks are supposed to have common sense. But it's time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks. It's the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down," Ivey told reporters in Birmingham.
    Awesome. We can only hope more and more Republican leaders start following suit.

You guys aren't going to be able to prove anything with flu season with a bunch of directional charts. You'd need a multivariate regression and even then it's gonna be tough.
    Of course. Suffice it say, Ron Johnson isn't exactly a deep thinker.

<snip>
    But then she began to feel unwell about three weeks ago. "Never in a million years do you think it's going to happen to you," she said.
    Hmmm... highly infectious/transmissible disease...

I mean, you'd think a healthcare professional would *know* better.

This quote belongs at the top of the next page.

You mad bro?
    I've never been set up for an insult better than you did. Well done. Keep living your life man, I'm gonna keep living mine.

You don't think states / cities / towns vary by the level of freedom they allow their citizens? Just spit-balling off the top of my head but ways that freedom varies by where you live (presented without an opinion either way on these):
    Can I drink a beer outside on the street?
    Can I buy alcohol on Sunday?
    Can I buy a keg of beer?
    Can I buy raw milk?
    Can I own any type of gun I want?
    Can I buy marijuana?
    Can I get an abortion?
    Can I gamble?
    Can I start a business out of my house?
    Can I get solar panels installed on my house?
    Do I have to wear a helmet on my motorcycle / bicycle?
    Do I have to wear a seat-belt?
    Can I educate my children in the ways I see fit?
    Can I build what I want on my property?
    How hard is it for the state to take my property from me?
    Do I need to get a licence to start the type of businesses I want (occupational licencing)?

No matter you opinion on what is "right" on the above they do represent restrictions on freedom and they do vary wildly by where you live.
    You're a fucking moronic partisan hack

Washington State recommends masks for all when indoors. 100 people at the Kroger today. Me and about 5 others had asks on.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    You're a fucking moronic partisan hack
    Never been called that before. There are things on that list from both the right and the left and the purpose was to demonstrate that both sides like to restrict freedom and think their restrictions are the "correct" ones. Which ones triggered you so much to call me that? Was it the gun one? Maybe education? As least I assume we agree that anybody should be able to get an abortion, smoke weed, and buy booze on any day of the week. BTW I've voted D in every election since I could vote.

Washington State recommends masks for all when indoors. 100 people at the Kroger today. Me and about 5 others had asks on.
    Last week I was one of a handful wearing a mask at the grocery store. When I went to the grocery store on Tuesday I was seeing a lot more masks.

As of yesterday we have 257 cases with 12 in the hospital here in W2

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    What are you talking about? The claim is that flu is down because people are wearing masks. I present two countries that aren't wearing masks and have flu down to zero.

We aren't comparing the two countries. We are comparing them to the rest of the world.

I'd love to see the mental gymnastics required to try to argue that masks weren't the reason flu is down to nothing in Sweden and Norway, but masks are the reason flu is down everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    It looks an awful lot like the average flu season chart given by the CDC:

Folks, it appears ml242 misread a graph. Nothing he ever posts here going forward has any value.

(graph is from June 2019-April 2021. There is zero flu for the entirety of 20/21 flu season.)

You guys aren't going to be able to prove anything with flu season with a bunch of directional charts. You'd need a multivariate regression and even then it's gonna be tough. Was it masks? Was it lock-downs? Was it people not wanting to go out? Was it a less virulent strain of the flu? Was it people washing their hands more? Was it people with the flu being more reluctant to goto the hospital due to COVID fears?

2017-2018 was the worst flu season I've seen since I've been in health insurance. and even at it's peak the Inpatient hospital admissions were about 25% what COVID peaked at.
    2018-2019 was normal. About 40% the level of 2017-2018.
    2019-2020 started normal then dropped to about 40% of normal in March (see above)
    2020-2021 About 50% of normal. (see above)

For a 65+ person admitted with the Flu the average hospital stay is about 5.25 days. For COVID it's over 9.
    Proving something is hard, disproving... not so hard.