Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Another tele forum is just what the internet needs. A place where shit skiers can group together, trying to feel good about their shit skills and their shit gear. Trying to make themselves feel special thinking they're doing something new and different. With their shakey unbalanced tippy-toe dog leg outrigger hind foot dragging along... Look at me! I'm doing it! I'm a telemarker! Then find out they're all defensive, sensitive types who can't stand each other, yet can't be away from each other.

dropping knees... ya, good... and while you're down there...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-30_16-04-42_812.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	756.0 KB 
ID:	148672

3 pin, skinny skiis, asolo extremes. so, like, am i the last true telemarketer!!?? i be calling you at the supper table!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by droppinloads View Post
    It's called Whitegrass, WV
    Lol, even WG has been invaded by AT, although most there still cling desparately to light free heel gear. Its a choice, like being ghey. You also find DB's most any where you go these days.

Chips boyz rock it pretty well but not anyone else.

They still cater to skate skiing, families and snowshoes so they are fairly diverse.
    Last edited by scottyb; 01-17-2014 at 06:43 AM.
    watch out for snakes

Fix the heel, fix the problem.

As the slowest member of my usual ski group I'm considering taking up tele. When everyone starts giving me shit for being the last one down I can say "Ya but did you see my tele turns?"

Drop knees not bombs.

Nope, I started on similar, Asolo snowpines and epoke 900, but I never skied with poles that long.
    I will confess, that I lock em down in Slaag's neck of the woods to keep up with the young un's lift served, but I lock em with FKS.

Tele only forum ? Good luck !
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaag Master View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-30_16-04-42_812.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	756.0 KB 
ID:	148672

3 pin, skinny skiis, asolo extremes. so, like, am i the last true telemarketer!!?? i be calling you at the supper table!!!!

Tele is good with the girlfriend or grandkids. But add some freshy or a big pack for huttripping and its Alpine or AT for me. Prob something to do with the lack of cartilage in my knees.

Quote Originally Posted by steff View Post
    Another tele forum is just what the internet needs. A place where shit skiers can group together, trying to feel good about their shit skills and their shit gear. ..

Unlike this place.....
    "watching you ski is like watching a retarded monkey rollerblade on a gravel road"

I used to tele then I moved back to St. Louis and now I'm too old and lazy

If all tele skiers were like this it would be great

I think he said he was using lace up Extremes, Voile 3 pin cables and some skinny 80s tele skis in this video.

Quote Originally Posted by steff View Post
    Another tele forum is just what the internet needs. A place where shit skiers can group together, trying to feel good about their shit skills and their shit gear. Trying to make themselves feel special thinking they're doing something new and different. With their shakey unbalanced tippy-toe dog leg outrigger hind foot dragging along... Look at me! I'm doing it! I'm a telemarker! Then find out they're all defensive, sensitive types who can't stand each other, yet can't be away from each other.

dropping knees... ya, good... and while you're down there...
    hey jong, I don't tele anymore but I would still dust your sorry ass down the hill. now crawl back into your little igloo and stick to the hockey forums.

Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    Unlike this place.....
    No shit eh Warren!
    Squeezin' a little more every other day

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    The minute someone made a plastic shelled tele boot, the sport began its death spiral. The spiral accelerated as soon as someone in an english speaking country called it "randonee."

I would pay for tele lessons and buy new gear, if it was still done in leather boots, and if my AT boots weren't so dam comfortable.
    leather boots are a licence to suck

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    leather boots are a licence to suck
    No such license exists! I don't care what skis or bindings you're using, either you suck or you don't.

have you skied on leathers and misery sticks?

No one likes a knee-dipping tree fairy

cuz its been done
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It's perfect while teaching the little ones how to ski.

Question, why do snowboard chicks who tire of traversing decide "I think I'll try telemark ing?" Is it some desire to make everyone wait? Or to suffer needlessly? It's a big fucking mystery to me....
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

When I did twice the work for half the control, I was a whiny little bitch also. Yeah, I skied on 215 cm Karhu double camber misery sticks and leather lace ups. BFD! I did it at Browngrass WV no less, do I get to learn a sekkrit handshake?

Pinch your toes and the turns flow!

Quote Originally Posted by vdRONdripper View Post
    We had a place like Telemarktips on the internet, but the ski manufactures kept telling us we needed bigger boots, stiffer bindings, and wider skis. There was a metamorphosis from true telemark to what today is difficult to distinguish between alpine skiing and the telly turn. They even renamed true telemark; XCD, that is when telemark died. We need a place for history to live and knees to drop. BRING BACK TELEMARK.
    Whether we care about it or not, sliding two planks or one plank on snow (frozen or unfrozen) has been called skiing often enough that it really doesn't matter.

If Dickie Hall calls it skiing, that's good enough. As for gear, make what you want or buy what you can, just see that you use it enough for your own happiness. Plenty of knee benders here, always were.

If y'all complainers are gonna complain, I'm done waiting to see how it comes out. Dropping in...OINK!
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

We had a place like Telemarktips on the internet, but the ski manufactures kept telling us we needed bigger boots, stiffer bindings, and wider skis. There was a metamorphosis from true telemark to what today is difficult to distinguish between alpine skiing and the telly turn. They even renamed true telemark; XCD, that is when telemark died. We need a place for history to live and knees to drop. BRING BACK TELEMARK.
    Dude, all I own are telemark skis and you irritate me.

Hater's just gonna Hate.

Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    I did it at Browngrass WV no less, do I get to learn a sekkrit handshake?

Pinch your toes and the shit flows!
    FIFY and PM Rontele for handshake.
    watch out for snakes

because that would be stupid.