TGR Community Introduction & Guidelines
- These TGR Community and Moderation guidelines exist to make this community a safe, respectful and useful destination for all community members
- By reading, posting and participating in this community, you agree to read these guidelines and act according to them
- These guidelines may be updated at any time by the moderators of this community; any updates and the new version of the guidelines will be posted in the profiles of the TGR Community Members
- If you are interested in enhancing your experience in the TGR Community, and becoming a TGR Contributor, check out our Call for Submissions.
Moderators and Moderation
- This TGR Community is moderated by a number moderators consisting of other members and TGR employees
- Moderators will use their best judgement to apply these guidelines in a fair way and moderate activities appropriately to ensure the overall health of this community
- Any activity, comments, posts or other interaction that you have with this community may be moderated by the moderators of this community, with or without explanation
- TGR has the final decision on what is and isn’t acceptable use of this community
- If you are not sure if something you want to post will breach community guidelines, please contact us before you post it and explain your concerns; we will let you know how to proceed
- In the event that you have a disagreement with a moderation decision, please contact us and enter into a discussion
Treatment of other community members
Our community needs to remain a safe, mutually beneficial and engaging place where members are treated with decency, courtesy and respect. This means treat others as you would wish and expect to be treated yourself. Behave with common decency, common sense, courtesy and respect; you are not anonymous here!
The 3 Basic Rules
- No racial, ethnic, or homophobic slurs
- No personal attacks or threats against other members
- Don't post someone else's email address, phone number, or physical address! We will delete it immediately and count it as a strike (more on that later)
The infamous TGR Forums also follow these same rules. For more information on posting in the forums check out the Forum Roolz Thread.
Disagreeing with other community members
Whilst we need to ensure proper behaviour towards others in this community, we do not want to stifle discussion, debate, and, occasionally, disagreement. It is also important that members feel able to properly express their opinions on various topics when it is appropriate to do so.
If you are engaged in lively debate or disagreement with other people, please keep the following in mind:
- In many cases, you will be arguing about ‘opinion’, and there may not be an objectively right or wrong answer
- Remember that people are generally passionate about defending their beliefs and thoughts
- Accept that other community members will have different thoughts and beliefs to you and respect that
- Disagree with and discuss content and posts, not the people making them
- Do not engage in personal attacks
- If you are providing commentary, rebuttals or feedback please keep your comments positive and constructive
- If you have a complaint about another community member, please initially take it up with them in a civil way via private message; if this doesn't work, please contact a moderator via private message
Posting Content - Things to do
Our aim is to ensure the posting of high quality videos, stories and photos in this community. You can help us to achieve this by:
- Thinking before you post - This is the golden rule; think about your content before you post it, is it something the community is going to care about?
- Staying On Topic - Please bear in mind the title and reason for this community's existence (??) and post with that in mind
- Tagging Content Appropriately - Please use meaningful tags that pertain to your content being posted; this helps to keep the community organised and means your content can be found more easily by others
- Posting content that is informative, educational, entertaining, provocative, or encourages discussion - We want content posted here to be engaging. If what you are going to post does not meet that criteria, it is unlikely to be of value to our community members
- Posting 'for' the community, not 'at' the community - Remember your audience here; try to post content that will be relevant to them, take time to learn about the content that does (and doesn't) do well and post with that in mind
Posting Content - Things Not to do
In addition to the rules above, please avoid this behaviour:
- Posting questionable, obscene, illegal, confrontational or defamatory content - Please keep your content to appropriate topics and discussions
- Plagiarising, breaching copyright or failing to attribute - Please attribute content appropriately, respect copyright and do not steal other's content
- Posting invitations to other communities - Please do not post invitations to other communities unless invited to do so by a moderator; this is considered very rude!
In addition to the guidelines above for general content, please also take the following into account when posting links to other online content.
- Providing an introduction to your link and reasons that others would find it useful - Please provide a context, description and introduction to any links that you post; tell the community why you found it useful or what they will notice if they click on the link
- Do not post spam links / cross posting - Please do not post links here that you have recently shared elsewhere in other communities
- Do not post purely promotional / advertising links - Avoid links that purely promote businesses, services, products or other areas; again, links must provide value to community members. Promotional links will be removed
- Tell the community if you are involved with the link - Declare any interests that you have in the link that is posted
Actions that may be taken if these guidelines are breached
By taking part in this community, you agree to abide by these guidelines. If you do not do so, the following actions may be taken against you or your content.
Note that in some cases, a moderator may decide to apply a higher level action against you or your content immediately, without prior notice or warning.
- Strike 1: You’ll get a Private Message from a moderator with a warning after deleting the offending post
- Strike 2: A mod will ban you from posting in the forums for one week
- Strike 3: If after being messaging offline by a moderator, then banned for a week, and you still can’t get your act together, you’ll be banned from the forums completely.
As always, if you are unsure about any part of these community guidelines, please contact us.