Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54

Thread: m0x###

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    16,768

    m0x###

    What is with the invasion of these m0x#### users? Sometimes they appear to be bots, sometimes they appear to be humans (is it a test?)
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    260
    New users only have to provide an email address now, so the username is autogenerated. We recommend setting a username before posting in the forums, but not everyone does.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    crown of the continent
    Posts
    13,744
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    New users only have to provide an email address now, so the username is autogenerated. We recommend setting a username before posting in the forums, but not everyone does.
    can they change their username after they've posted?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

    Patterson Hood of the DBT's

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    9,907
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    New users only have to provide an email address now, so the username is autogenerated. We recommend setting a username before posting in the forums, but not everyone does.
    Can the auto generation feature be disabled? Pls?
    I swear on my glass eye,

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,424
    i wouldn't mind if creating an account took them the minimal amount of effort to create a username.
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    16,768
    I agree with the last two posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Couloirfornia
    Posts
    8,544
    Ditto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    19,527
    Seriously.
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    entrapped
    Posts
    786
    Fwiw agreed.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    New users only have to provide an email address now, so the username is autogenerated. We recommend setting a username before posting in the forums, but not everyone does.
    I set a user name, it shows in my stash profile, but I can't use it to log in and it doesn't show up when I post. I have searched high and low for some way to fix the issue with zero success.

    My guess is the plethora of auto populated user names has a lot to do with a glitch in the system that isn't allowing the user picked name to override the auto generated name

    Can someone please fix my name

    I am silversurfer

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by me4c42 View Post
    I set a user name, it shows my stash profile, but I can't use it to log in and it didn't show up when I post.
    it speaks truth. that's fucked up.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    16,768
    admin fix this shit. posters need identities, not computer generated strings of letters and numbers!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    pdx
    Posts
    10,048
    +agoogle

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,760
    if they are going to be randomly generated can we at least make the prefix something embarrassing?

    smallcock04481
    aidshaver08113


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hurrakin
    Posts
    1,966
    would appear they're more concerned with clickbait, Opie, and kissboy than fixing this glitch.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by me4c42 View Post
    I set a user name, it shows in my stash profile, but I can't use it to log in and it doesn't show up when I post. I have searched high and low for some way to fix the issue with zero success.

    My guess is the plethora of auto populated user names has a lot to do with a glitch in the system that isn't allowing the user picked name to override the auto generated name

    Can someone please fix my name

    I am silversurfer
    It's not a glitch, just probably could be better communicated. You need to update your username, here: https://www.tetongravity.com/community/username

    Unfortunately though, someone already has silversurfer.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    16,768
    Quote Originally Posted by tgrweb View Post
    It's not a glitch, just probably could be better communicated. You need to update your username, here: https://www.tetongravity.com/community/username

    Unfortunately though, someone already has silversurfer.
    Can you make it so they have to choose a username in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Can you make it so they have to choose a username in the first place?
    I could, but was instructed not to.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    16,768
    Tell your instructors that their concerns that people will not post if they have to go through that one extra steap are baseless because they already have in mind something they want to say.

    However the cost is that there these m2983x names are mumbo jumbo and destroy the community identity because we can't keep track of anyone.

    If they are seeking registrations and most of them don't post, then get the bets of both by only needing an email to register with TGR, but if they go to post on the forums, they should be taken to a page where they choose a username before they can post.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Beer:30
    Posts
    5,855
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    I could, but was instructed not to.
    1) tell your instructors they are fucking morons

    2) change the random name generator to assign everyone cockbagXXXX, dicktrapXXXX, and similar until this is fixed

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by tgrweb View Post
    It's not a glitch, just probably could be better communicated. You need to update your username, here: https://www.tetongravity.com/community/username

    Unfortunately though, someone already has silversurfer.
    it's also poor design. I changed my username when I signed up to silversurfer, which is what my stash profile says. Shouldn't have to change it somewhere else.

    I follow your link and silversurfer isn't available. Okay, so I set it to TheSilverSurfer, but stash profile stays silversurfer. I click link to change username so stash username is same as forum username and the link that should be for my username in stash profile (because it says username silversurfer) and it redirects to the change username link you posted. It's really pretty ridiculous to have to change username in different places.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    9,907
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    I could, but was instructed not to.
    This is bullshit.
    I swear on my glass eye,

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hurrakin
    Posts
    1,966
    The least you can do is show some appreciation by posting naked pics of your GF before laying into the admin's JONG.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    it's also poor design. I changed my username when I signed up to silversurfer, which is what my stash profile says. Shouldn't have to change it somewhere else.

    I follow your link and silversurfer isn't available. Okay, so I set it to TheSilverSurfer, but stash profile stays silversurfer. I click link to change username so stash username is same as forum username and the link that should be for my username in stash profile (because it says username silversurfer) and it redirects to the change username link you posted. It's really pretty ridiculous to have to change username in different places.
    And now the only way I can get to anything that says change username is to follow link tgrweb posted. Can't find any link anywhere under settings or forum settings to change stash username or forum username.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Beer:30
    Posts
    5,855
    Quote Originally Posted by HansJob View Post
    The least you can do is show some appreciation by posting naked pics of your GF before laying into the admin's JONG.
    admin should also post nekkid pics of his girlfriend for being such a bootlicker

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •