Page 118 of 122 FirstFirst ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3031
    Rev, absolutely beautiful work

And Bad Dancer, how much does a tote like that usually sell for? Feel free to DM if you prefer, I'm definitely curious

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Question for the peanut gallery... I want to label at least a few hundred knife blades, what should I use?

I'm thinking I'm going to have to use some kind of laser that's going to cost $3-5k.

If I take it to somebody they will want $4 each. Eat the $800 and have them do it?

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Rev, absolutely beautiful work

And Bad Dancer, how much does a tote like that usually sell for? Feel free to DM if you prefer, I'm definitely curious

PM sent.
    And if anyone else is interested in custom vintage totes, please send me a message. I might set up a separate thread
    'excuse the pun" if there is enough interest.
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    Question for the peanut gallery... I want to label at least a few hundred knife blades, what should I use?

I'm thinking I'm going to have to use some kind of laser that's going to cost $3-5k.

If I take it to somebody they will want $4 each. Eat the $800 and have them do it?
    If it's a redundant label, peeps like these:

https://popsknife.supplies/collectio...sonalizer-plus

I think you order the etching stencils separately.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

^^^^%^^^^^
    BD... noice craftsmanship

put this in the right shop near wk in adv res only dining in da big city - 7200$. Some trophy is gonna demand to have it

expand your demographic? - 1700$. Pseudo semi bury it with a high-end consignment.

If this isn't spoken for; drop on Etsy for something ridiculous and see what happens

•If you would be kind enough to send me the deetz too
    Last edited by Gepeto; 11-24-2023 at 04:35 PM.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    If it's a redundant label, peeps like these:

https://popsknife.supplies/collectio...sonalizer-plus

I think you order the etching stencils separately.
    Interesting. Will it work on anodized aluminum too though?

No idea. You might have to call them. It requires electrical conduction so it could be questionable.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

...use some kind of laser that's going to cost $3-5k.

If I take it to somebody, they will want $4 each. Eat the $800 and have them do it?
    Yep... your roi would need to be 10$ a unit on a short run of 400. At a buck, a unit for a run of 4000.

Add in the steep learning curve of 10-30hrs of your time to get distribution quality results. Then, the labor hours to turn over 400 pieces.

Low output Lasers are going to severely limit your ability as to what can be etched or cut. So, throw a few more dollars.

You want to be a ble to effect just a flat surface?, or possibly round? A few more shillings.

Do you have adequate power to run a commercial grade laser? - moar lettuce please!

Shoot for acceptable profitability with your first runs using an outside vendor... then gear up to attack your netnet with savings from in-house processing
    ​I am not in your hurry

Are you anywhere near a maker space? If so they may have a laser--ours does, and I think membership is $50 for a month.
    I see maker spaces in GJ, Durango, and a bunch along the front range.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Yep... your roi would need to be 10$ a unit on a short run of 400. At a buck, a unit for a run of 4000.

Add in the steep learning curve of 10-30hrs of your time to get distribution quality results. Then, the labor hours to turn over 400 pieces.

Low output Lasers are going to severely limit your ability as to what can be etched or cut. So, throw a few more dollars.

You want to be a ble to effect just a flat surface?, or possibly round? A few more shillings.

Do you have adequate power to run a commercial grade laser? - moar lettuce please!

Shoot for acceptable profitability with your first runs using an outside vendor... then gear up to attack your netnet with savings from in-house processing
    This.

Scale and then spend.

Woops, jong. I give up.

Your math seems to answer your own question.

Don't know what they are for. Pass the $4 on the the end user?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

I don't think kids even know what Jong is.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

not all lasers are the same,and getting a nice looking output ain’t cheap necessarily. You can cut mark/mark most fucking everything if you don’t care about quality.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    not all lasers are the same,and getting a nice looking output ain’t cheap necessarily. You can cut mark/mark most fucking everything if you don’t care about quality.
    It's not a laser.

Is this what you're looking to do?

Name:  31XwJie6owL._AC_.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  6.4 KB
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    It's not a laser.
    I was answering the guy who asked about lasers asshole, fuck off to the next conference call to sell overpriced rec gear to morons, dumbest waste of space mag without AK in their screen name

I was answering the guy who asked about lasers asshole, fuck off to the next conference call to sell overpriced rec gear to morons, dumbest waste of space mag without AK in their screen name
    I laughed.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

You were quoting a post about an electrical etching machine. The internets are not that hard to use, man.

I'm looking at a laser pecker 3 right now. It will do 150 knives and 50 flashlights a year.

The electrical etching machine was a neat idea I hadn't considered. If I never wanted to do flashlights or pmags or ar lowers it would be perfect.

I don't think anything will do ar lowers deep enough other than a Dremel but that's fine I don't do any of those really other than for decoration.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2713.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	621.6 KB 
ID:	477834
    Built this with my wife - and we’re still married! Just need a few hooks for the ski clothing….
    Birch ply and beetle-kill pine, finished in the TGR approved fashion (Varathane natural stain, satin poly)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2712.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	611.8 KB 
ID:	477833  

^noice

That's sweet! Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    That's sweet! Well done.
    I had the wood already, and I was wondering how to finish it. Then I saw your cabinet. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by ianpnw View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2713.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	621.6 KB 
ID:	477834
    Built this with my wife - and we’re still married! Just need a few hooks for the ski clothing….
    Birch ply and beetle-kill pine, finished in the TGR approved fashion (Varathane natural stain, satin poly)
    wow, beautiful work!

both me and stbmrstgapp are looking at this thread together and we were wondering how hard it would be for two woodworking jongs to build something like this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BdsmDIY/s/FuccPs7jrh

we have a miter saw and basic tools, is this within the realm of possibility for folks like us? where could we get started? what sort of wood would we need to find?