Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Some night time village shots courtesy of Brad.

Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

Unbelievable. Thanks for the continued posting- it's got my jaw on the ground.
    As Shera asked, what's the language barrier like? How much Japanese should you know?

I think I'm going to start studying.

Fcuk this Sydney summer - get me back over there!

TJB - Beav promised Id find Nirvana in Niseko - it was pretty close... I think Ill take a break from the new season new continent approach.

Ive heard plenty of people dissing Niseko being flat but Ill be back next year - perhaps they were poaching in the wrong spots... Ive done a bit of riding and Niseko this year dished out some of the lightest snow Ive ridden so perhaps my opinion is clouded...

Beav - 3decks at gmail dot com - Ive got a long week at work and the photo frames waiting =)

Language - a phrase book and you'll be fine.

A healthly appetite for KFC and disco's and you'll be set with the locals =P

On the whole, those Japanese that can speak a little english enjoy the practice...

Ski Beaver......rock out, dood.
    That kinda looks like my ski day in Quebec today, 'cept we had 1/10th the snow and the trees were 1000 times closer.

The Great White Spirit

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but rather the
    moments that leave you breathless

tomw_n is offline hucksville, wasatch front
    Holy shit how much snow. And foghorn, how many times have you said that today?
    If I come off as smug or self-rightous or arrogant, well, it's because this is the internet and you haven't seen me ski. - Highway Star RIP

Today did not suck very much

Beav ;

Thanks a lot to Brad and his Nikon D70.

It is still puking here! Tomorrow could be better!

Last edited by Ski Beaver; 02-05-2006 at 06:20 AM.
    Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

And a few more

And some of Brad - the photographer in the above shots. First time in snow like this and only his second year on skis!!!!!!!!

I... hate you guys..... So much....

goddamn. i hope the alps will get some soon or im gonna explode.....

get yourself some cash by selling those pics !!!!
    the second pic is more than magazine worthy.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

It feels nice to have a pair of Rossi. Scratch BC and see those pictures... Now I now that they actually can handle some real pow!

BTW, all of the above photos were friggin' outstanding! So beautiful! Such great colors!
    And the last pic from the city... Hmm, to continue with the South Park quotes, i'll use Mr Slave: "Jesus Christ!" I really like the car passing fast close to the camera...

Very cool.

Japan is on my short list. In the five year plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Beaver
    Beav ;

Thanks a lot to Brad and his Nikon D70.

It is still puking here! Tomorrow could be better!

Freaking awesome, the 2nd one is definitely the money.

So Ski Beaver, are you seeking out something a little fatter yet ? Did Janus head over this year ?

Oh yeah, Sydney is 30 C .... where would I rather be ? (cusses zero annual leave balance)

tjb

Quote Originally Posted by 3decks
    Fcuk this Sydney summer - get me back over there!

TJB - Beav promised Id find Nirvana in Niseko - it was pretty close... I think Ill take a break from the new season new continent approach.

Ive heard plenty of people dissing Niseko being flat but Ill be back next year - perhaps they were poaching in the wrong spots... Ive done a bit of riding and Niseko this year dished out some of the lightest snow Ive ridden so perhaps my opinion is clouded...

Beav - 3decks at gmail dot com - Ive got a long week at work and the photo frames waiting =)
    I dont dis Niseko - it has probably the best snow in japan 3decks. Poaching in the wrong spots? Not likely. I lived there for a season and rode a 100 days there that year. Been to every hill in that area, have done Yotei, and other places around Sapporo. The simple fact is Niseko doesnt have the terrain that Hakuba has. Not by a long shot. After going to Niseko 3 years in a row for 2 week trips, livin there for a season, and finally getting to Hakuba last year, Hakuba is where its at. Just as deep powder but soooooo much sicker and steeper.

Is Janus going there this year? No, he will be in Hakuba. Why? Cuz its where some of the best goods in Japan are. Had sooo many peeps from Whistler over in Dec/Jan who were shittin at how much Hakuba goes off. If you havent been to Hakuba then you dont know what youre missin out on. You can have the same amount of powder but much steeper terrain. Fair enough that many people like flatter mountains though
    パウダーバカ!!

BTW, skibeaver, those pics really should be put in mags mate. Fcuking epic pics!!!
    パウダーバカ!!

Awesome pics!

I'm a sucker for those village shots

Will be back in Niseko next year, unfortunately my first trip last year started and ended in tears, first day I copped a friends snowboard in the spine and second day, my partner took me out at highspeed and broke a couple of my ribs..

and amazingly, I still love the bastard too

Quote Originally Posted by satori
    I dont dis Niseko - it has probably the best snow in japan 3decks. Poaching in the wrong spots? Not likely. I lived there for a season and rode a 100 days there that year. Been to every hill in that area, have done Yotei, and other places around Sapporo. The simple fact is Niseko doesnt have the terrain that Hakuba has. Not by a long shot. After going to Niseko 3 years in a row for 2 week trips, livin there for a season, and finally getting to Hakuba last year, Hakuba is where its at. Just as deep powder but soooooo much sicker and steeper.

Is Janus going there this year? No, he will be in Hakuba. Why? Cuz its where some of the best goods in Japan are. Had sooo many peeps from Whistler over in Dec/Jan who were shittin at how much Hakuba goes off. If you havent been to Hakuba then you dont know what youre missin out on. You can have the same amount of powder but much steeper terrain. Fair enough that many people like flatter mountains though
    This post brought to you by Friends of Hakuba. Our motto: "Hakuba is A #1, Joe!"

Hakuba will:

-make your job irrelevant
    -grow "Big Boy Hair" finally
    -Get you laid
    -let you find Nirvana
    -make your shit not stink.
    Last edited by Tippster; 02-05-2006 at 10:18 PM.

ha ha ha! you should be a comedian!

My bad! How silly of me to compare mountains. Fcuk Im such an iddiot. I just dont learn very well. Oh well, I try
    パウダーバカ!!

Sorry - it was just SUCH a slow pitch! No offense intended, just playing around on a Sunday night. Last thing I want to do is cunt up a thread that has pix of this caliber in it:

I nominate this as the best pow skiing TR on this board ever. Bump fucking bump.

wow, those shots are amazing - that D70 can take some damn crisp shots......

and as others asked before, what is the language barrier over there - is it rare that there is that much snow - how do we book a trip there? etc......looks great and wow there is a lot of snow in that town.......

Hey y'all

Glad you liked my night photos and pow pics .. .couldnt have done it without a good subject in ski beaver though [Smile]

I might end up selling some, once i get back home and get my shit together, if anyones up for purchaes i may refer back to this thread.

Cheers,

brad.