What’s your fucked up Amazon package rate?

How many packages do you get from them - % wise that are late, wrong item/address, misleading or counterfeit, or damaged?

I leave this out for a month before and a month after Christmas. My fucked up percentage is well under 5%.

I can't remember the last fucked-up package I got (or failed to get), and I order shit all the time. I don't try to put the delivery people into a diabetic coma and I think they appreciate that

Pretty much 0.

We do get an adjacent property package from time to time but that’s because the condos next to us have street like addresses rather than unit #s and the drivers get lazy / confused and drop at ours - the last detached house on street.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    and I order shit all the time.
    I give the mailman diabetes, you fuck up the planet by getting everything drop shipped. We'll call it even.

It's gotta be more efficient to have one guy deliver a bunch of shit to a bunch of people that it would be for all those people to go get their own shit is my way of looking at it.

just checked back through my last 3 years of orders. well over a hundred. not a single fucked up one. i think you need to take er on up to your local fulfillment center and have words.
    swing your fucking sword.

Delivery drivers don't want to come down my driveway in winter, so they leave packages at the street. They get swiped occasionally.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    How many packages do you get from them - % wise that are late, wrong item/address, misleading or counterfeit, or damaged?
    Late is well into double digits
    Damaged is low double digits
    Wrong item is single digits

We order 10-20 items a month. Get a lot of refunds and credits for all this shit. My wife just got a $70 pair of shoes fully refunded because she complained about them being a week late; they offered it…. Prime here is 5-7 business days and is mostly end-delivered by our threadbare USPS.

Close to zero Amazon failures for us. And Ms TBS is single handedly keeping Amazon in business, with three-four deliveries per week.

OTOH, delivery of purchases from Backcountry, Evo & REI is atrocious here. Their default logistics co. seems to be OnTrac Shipping, which for me has had a fail rate greater than 50%. Now, whenever I buy something from them, I do it over the phone with a CSR, and specify that shipping will NOT be done by OnTrac.

Wish it was higher for another reason to drop them.

Lots of good service in this thread. I haven’t been so lucky, enough so I recently dropped prime. Can’t remember the last package I ordered and got within 2 days. Standard is 4-6 days and always later than stated. Maybe it’s the fact that we don’t have Amazon delivery drivers here and they rely on USPS. I still order things but nothing I need quickly. Just put things in my cart until I get free shipping.

And once you’ve tried to shave with fake Gillette razors that you’ve ordered from prime, you start to question a lot of what you are getting. They looked just like the real thing but were dull as shit. Like shaving with a sharp rock

Things are late by a day every so often (but still faster than any other source). That's it.

I would also love to stop using Amazon, but...

We use it semi regularly, and TBH the delivery aspect has been great to our PO Box. Prime shipping estimates to our little mountain town are usually 2-3 or 4 days, but in reality it’s 1-2 days most of the time.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

I often opt for slower delivery if I don't need it in a hurry. Amazon day or whatever they call it at checkout. That gives me time to forget that I ordered something. It's nice getting surprise packages that have something I need and want

Other than the drivers putting things in weird places we've had no issues for a few years now. We get nearly everything in one or two days and often same day or overnight because we have huge Amazon distro centers all over the NY Metro area and a few within a half hour of the house. The ones that use their personal cars are a little disconcerting because it's weird to see someone jump out of a car and run up your driveway but that's not really a problem.

Similar here, just outside of Toronto. We have three massive Amazon DC's nearby. Zero delivery or quality issues. Even have same day service for some items through prime.

Ali express on the other hand..

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Pretty much 0.
    X2. Not counting the occasional delayed delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I often opt for slower delivery if I don't need it in a hurry. Amazon day or whatever they call it at checkout. That gives me time to forget that I ordered something. It's nice getting surprise packages that have something I need and want
    This is the way. Started doing the Amazon day delivery last year, so no matter how much shit you order, it all comes in one box on one day. It’s always Wednesday. And it’s all from UPS. None of that ups surepost shit that’s half ups and half usps.

We are in the 4-5 day category in our little mountain town as well, a few years ago it was always 2 days. Those days are long gone. But, out of 100’s of packages, they have never lost or fucked up a single one. So far.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    OTOH, delivery of purchases from Backcountry, Evo & REI is atrocious here. Their default logistics co. seems to be OnTrac Shipping, which for me has had a fail rate greater than 50%. Now, whenever I buy something from them, I do it over the phone with a CSR, and specify that shipping will NOT be done by OnTrac.
    Similar experience with both Amazon and OnTrac here. OnTrac sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I would also love to stop using Amazon, but...
    I use Amazon instead of my faulty memory. Instead of standing in the hardware store (if I remember to go there) asking myself wtf I needed, and leaving without it because I couldn't think of it, I just throw shit in my Amazon cart when I think of it and suddenly that project stands a chance of getting completed.

I do try to cut down on the deliveries and only place orders when there's a good amount of stuff in the cart, but then it comes in separate boxes on different days anyways. You'd think Amazon would be more efficient but hey.

Zero since I stopped using Amazon for anything I could buy from someone else. Although a corporation cannot be evil--regardless of what SCOTUS says about it being a person--Jeff Bezos sure as fuck is.
    Delivery mistakes from USPS--like my meds--aobut 50%. We have a cluster box, our stuff goes in the box of the address that's the same as ours with two interior numbers reversed. And we get their stuff.