Thread: Diggins

Diggins

Jessie Diggins that is. She's not Mikaela Shiffrin, but she's also super awesome and feels like she needs a thread in here. Just wrapped up her second overall world cup title.

And while I'm not generally a social media follower, she -- just like Mikaela -- is a great follow. Really puts herself out there.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Good call, Danno -

JDiggins is a FKNA Stud. !!!

stone. cold. CHAMP. !!!

skiJ

We're all big fans here in SoVT.

Magic just finished piling up all the snow from their terrain park. They'll cover it with hay and tarps to preserve it until early June and then host a downhill/uphill nordic race. JDiggs and Ben Ogden always participate (and win). pic of them last year celebrating
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2249.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	743.9 KB 
ID:	490901

And just because it gets me every time...

Here comes Diggins! https://youtu.be/1YlisqS9nSU?si=BTU7DAg_oQofs99I

Last edited by Danno; 03-18-2024 at 09:06 AM.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

She deserves recognition. Nordic skiing is legit.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

She deserves recognition. Phenomenal athlete. Nordic skiing is legit.

Sent from my island using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

XC skiing seems like such a solitary event, but Jessie’s success is the culmination of decades of effort on both her part and of the foundation built by those that have come before her. She deserves so much credit for the amount of training, mental fortitude, and positive attitude she brings to the sport.

Name:	Image1710770170.016268.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	506.2 KB 
ID:	490925

That being said without folks like Sverre Caldwell (who helped found the SMS T2 team Jessie trains with), Ida Sargent/Kikkan Randall/Sophie Caldwell (who helped Jessie during her earlier years on the WC circuit), & all the Team USA staff/coaches/wax techs/medical staff, etc. Jessie would not have been able to take the sport to the next level for the US Ski Team.

Name:	Image1710770110.661565.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	594.2 KB 
ID:	490924

She is so inspirational and gives back a lot to local skiing. From pushing to bring a World Cup race back to US soil near her hometown, to speaking and coaching at youth summer ski camps, Jessie seems to understand how she fits in with the future of US nordic skiing.

Name:	Image1710769985.712824.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	491.7 KB 
ID:	490921

Congratulation, Jessie.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    And just because it gets me every time...

Here comes Diggins! https://youtu.be/1YlisqS9nSU?si=BTU7DAg_oQofs99I
    What a call!

We named our dog after her, and in our house, there’s probably no higher praise.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Bad ass stone cold killer on skis. No one nicer in person
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Pretty rad to see her drop the hammer with absolute authority on Sunday to take the crystal, just in case anyone had any doubts earlier in the week. Legendary.

After some not as dominant classic sprints at the end of the seasons I was biting my nails a bit. But as hammer down said, it was pretty awesome to see her crush the field in this last race to put a emphatic finish on what is probably the best season long overall performance from US cross country skier ever. The year she won the overall during COVID was softer than this season and Bill Koch didn’t have to deal with different techniques and sprints in 82.

Wow. So good.

Been following her for a while now. She is badass, and a nice person by all accounts. Thx for the thread.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.