Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Getting the house I’ve been building done and moving out of the tiny 1bed/1bath built in 1912 house my wife and I have been living in for the past 5 years. Down to flooring, appliances and trim so the end is near.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Skiing on my hundredth birthday.
    F'n eh. I hope you do.
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    Getting the house I’ve been building done and moving out of the tiny 1bed/1bath built in 1912 house my wife and I have been living in for the past 5 years. Down to flooring, appliances and trim so the end is near.
    Hell yeah! Congrats mang!

As for me, headed to the Yucutan late April, NYC in June, and the Mrs. And I 25th anniversary in Spain in December…. Doesn’t suck.

Looking forward to taking semi-retirement into proper early retirement. And, as is rightly asked: retire to what exactly? For me, a period of world travel.

Pandemic really put the kibosh on my travels and, now, I'm so thirsty for it. Having it close-at-hand really reinvigorated me - geeking out on planning and prepping. Nice to have a something significant to aim towards - fresh energy.

Things you're looking forward to

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    This. I’m over winter. I need some sunshine.
    My daughter is arguing that winter is over in SLC. Good biking open right now. Still a couple good months of snow turns left I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    My daughter is arguing that winter is over in SLC. Good biking open right now. Still a couple good months of snow turns left I hope.
    The weeds and large green grass patches in my yard agree with your kiddo.

Looking forward to getting the family into beach fishing this summer. the tent, a grill, variety of snacks and fresh shore lunch.

Tomorrow - cutting big dead Douglas-fir trees, again.
    1600 on Friday.
    50 degrees, sunny Spring skiing on Saturday and Sunday.
    2 week ski trip end of March/early April.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I know this is a skiing forum and I'm supposed to love winter, but I don't. Aside from sliding on snow I fucking hate winter. And people who say they love it are full of shit. Dark, wet and cold. Aside from it facilitating your favorite activity, how is that good in anyway?

I'm looking forward to flip flops and shorts while watching a giants game on the patio with an ice cold beer. Hiking in the Sierra. Fly fishing the eastside. Mountain biking amongst the pines and wildflowers. Gonna be near 75 this weekend. It's almost here...
    I do. I’d much rather it’s 50 and misty for a high than 90. I love being able to go for a hike and not get hot. Work outside, etc. feels nice to put a sweatshirt on and be comfortable and if you get warm just take layers off. I’m kinda dreading summer, but it generally gets into the 90s here a lot and occasionally 100+ in the summer.

Besides, you’re in California. Other than if you deal with Sierra snow you aren’t even dealing with winter. It’s not even cold.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Looking forward to getting the family into beach fishing this summer. the tent, a grill, variety of snacks and fresh shore lunch.
    I think this is awesome and hope it’s a great experience for you and your fam.

What I absolutely can’t fucking stand is every yokel with a “Salt Life” sticker on the lifted Ferd Efteenhundred setting up a full beach casting station in the middle of the day when kids and families are swimming all around.

Go set up shop at the end of the island or at dawn like the actual fishermen you fucking dopes.

Sorry, rant over.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Sorry, rant over.
    Haha, I get it. I doubt we'll be fishing anywhere near a swimming beach... both are designated areas here. We also have a jellyfish problem, so swimming season is short. And dawn/sunset is what the tent is for. Mid-day is for bbq and play, and naps.

I'm also looking forward to this slide cycle finishing. Our snow is insane this year. Avalanches aren't always predictable, except when they are. This year is like reading a recipe and saying "Yup, that's how it works."

In the meantime, I'll also look forward to my daughter's softball season kicking into gear. That's fun, weekly papa stuff, right there.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I know this is a skiing forum and I'm supposed to love winter, but I don't. Aside from sliding on snow I fucking hate winter. And people who say they love it are full of shit. Dark, wet and cold. Aside from it facilitating your favorite activity, how is that good in anyway?

I'm looking forward to flip flops and shorts while watching a giants game on the patio with an ice cold beer. Hiking in the Sierra. Fly fishing the eastside. Mountain biking amongst the pines and wildflowers. Gonna be near 75 this weekend. It's almost here...
    I'm with you on all of that. Hated winter when I lived in Calgary. Love winter here in San Diego when temps are 65ish every day. Always have something to look forward to here....

Winter is for long rides and doing trailwork once we get rain. And riding/camping in the desert. Then with spring everything turns green and flowers come out. It's awesome until sometime in May when temps ramp up.

Summer is probably my least favorite season here since temps get into 90s/100s away from the water so many of our low elevation rides are too hot. But at the same time all our higher elevation stuff opens up, not to mention Sierras hiking and riding. In fall, temps cool off and everything is in play.

I have a never-ending list of rides I want to do, so I'm always looking forward to whatever ones I can cross of the list. I've also been working on a few different bikepacking routes, and that always gives me a reason to go check out new areas. Next upcoming trip will be to wheel parts of the Mojave Road and check out nearby rides. We have so much cool stuff in Socal, it would take multiple lifetimes to see and do it all.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Besides, you’re in California. .... It’s not even cold.
    Gonna disagree with you on that. Might be warm low down but if you're trying to get up into any of our local mountains during winter months you can get winter conditions almost any time. Not always snow but the wind and mist/cloud is what gets you. Laguna Mtns and Santa Anas in OC both get up above 5,500ft. Lots of cold air drainages where temps can get down into 20s or 30s when it's 60/70s down below.

Three or four Jason Isbell and 400 Unit shows coming up in May and July.
    I desperately need the therapy.
    Hopefully this coincides with being able to ride bikes and play guitar again!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    They put on a great show.
    They really do, I saw them open for the Black Keys a few years ago, they blew the main act off the stage. Matt is a hell of a good front man. Enjoy
    crab in my shoe mouth

Today

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Today

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Hell yeah!

For me wrapping up a grueling ten-week training program and testing out in the next couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I do. I’d much rather it’s 50 and misty for a high than 90. I love being able to go for a hike and not get hot. Work outside, etc. feels nice to put a sweatshirt on and be comfortable and if you get warm just take layers off. I’m kinda dreading summer, but it generally gets into the 90s here a lot and occasionally 100+ in the summer.

Besides, you’re in California. Other than if you deal with Sierra snow you aren’t even dealing with winter. It’s not even cold.
    Cold is relative. My mom has lived in Hawaii for 35 years and she thinks 68 is freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Ummmmmm, no. Biking in the valley is complete shit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    This. I’m over winter. I need some sunshine.
    It’s a bit ironic.
    SAD affects nordics. And yet nordics ski more than most.
    . . .

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken feathers View Post
    Spring skiing. Fast in-town laps at Chapman for a few more days.
    Clock's ticking, only four more nights.

Also looking forward to spring skiing. Winter's been a bit of a shit fight this year, but I fucking love spring skiing.

Looking forward to getting back on the road this summer, got some really good people working good gigs in cool places. But after the spring skiing.

Nothing.

Taking my 8 y/o mountain biking in Fruita in a few weeks. Selfishly, the warmer temps and idea of sweating on a bike sound really nice.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Nothing.
    Do I need to refer you to YOUR OWN posts in the Ullr thread? I mean, I'd look forward to that.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."