Maxima SC1 product

Anyone use this on their mountain bikes? Largely just hoping to help shed dirt and make cleaning easier. Would be applying to my new bike and over a ride-wrap.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1709488775.617533.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	489087

I wouldn’t bother. I’ve used it on dirtbike to clean up the plastics for selling, but it didn’t perform well as a dust/dirt management product. In my experience, it actually attracts dirts since it leaves an oily/silicone film. And do NOT get it near the brakes, seat, levers, shifter paddles. I bought a can of SC1 4 or 5 years ago and it’s still sitting on the shelf.

Try Plexus if you want something anti-static and that also improves the look of the rideWrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Anyone use this on their mountain bikes? Largely just hoping to help shed dirt and make cleaning easier. Would be applying to my new bike and over a ride-wrap.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1709488775.617533.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	489087
    Yeah, that stuff is great and helps keep your bike clean for longer. Bike will repel/shed dust better. SC1 is good and so is Pedro's Bike Lust.

I probably prefer Bike Lust, especially if it’s a matte colored frame rather than gloss.

The SC1 stuff is the exact same product as a type of furniture polish you can order on Amazon… I’m forgetting but someone can remind me. I think it’s pledge or some other big brand

Basic Pledge with a bike/moto price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Basic Pledge with a bike/moto price tag.
    Could be. The ingredients on my bottle of Bike Lust are certainly different than the can of Pledge in my laundry room, but I realize that different confusing words can have the same meaning.

I also heard you can make your own tire sealant in a big bucket after a trip to the hobby shop, but I’ve never done that either.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Could be. The ingredients on my bottle of Bike Lust are certainly different than the can of Pledge in my laundry room, but I realize that different confusing words can have the same meaning.

I also heard you can make your own tire sealant in a big bucket after a trip to the hobby shop, but I’ve never done that either.
    Don't get me wrong I love SC1, and use it all the time.
    But Pledge works well too.
    I don't make my own sealant from hobby lobby, but I use to add glitter to Stans Original formula, before they upped the game to larger particles in their Race formula.

Yes. It makes the bike look great, like noticeably great. And it also smells great. Great product to use when detailing your bike for selling or as the cherry-on-top when you do a full cleaning/tuneup.

It does nothing to prevent dirt/mud buildup. If you get it on your seat, you will be slipsliding around for a bit, and if you get it around your brakes then it will make you ride much faster than intended.

Do you guys put tire shine on your minions too?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I use Soul Glow myself.

I haven’t a can of that stuff from a swag bag in my garage. It’s fine. Usually don’t bother.

I do make my own sealant and have for over a decade. Easy and works great.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I use Motul Shine n' Go on my moto and wouldn't say it keeps mud off, but it makes plastics look new again, especially black. Also it smells really nice. But at the moto shop we used standard furniture polish, some of the big moto guys will use Pam to keep Gergia clay off, but they also get to clean up with a pressure washer so YMMV.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Do you guys put tire shine on your minions too?

I did on the last bike I sold…

Only takes one dry ride for it to collect dust though.

Seriously though, Bike Lust is the goods.
    Pelli sent us some samples of their ceramic coat stuff, but I haven’t tried it yet. All their products are a little too pricey imho.

Pledge, it worked great on my Ti frames.

sc1 is awful. it'll attract every kernel of dust available.