Grado Ps1000e Headphones

My FIL gifted me these, but these are used by him - they are not a new gift. They don't work for me because they are open back so I bought a different pair new. AFAIK these went new for $1700 - yes that is insane. Jaw dropping, I know. It would be rude of me to sell these for what they are worth though - I want to tell him I sold them for about how much my new headphones were.

I don't know what they are worth so while i think I'm giving a maggot a killer deal, maybe I'm not? I saw a pair selling for $1400 but that is wayyyy too high. $550 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Pick up in SLC.

Minor small scuffs on the shiny metal, and the pleather or leather headstrap doesn't look worn and is in great condition. Sounds like a dream.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grado1.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	489034

Name:	grado2.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	489037

Name:	grado3.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	857.2 KB 
ID:	489038

Jeeez dude, my FIL never gave me anything like that. Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

One one hand, it was nice gesture, he's a good guy, I like him, and he has great taste. One the other hand, I'm learning rich people don't sell things on ebay or on their local KSL.com marketplace. They trade in things when they can like phones and cars, and can't be bothered to sell anything used themselves. Which means lucky me! I get where is coming from - I'm not looking forward to listing this on KSL if it doesn't sell here.

I guess I better be paying attention to when he's thinking of upgrading his home stereo, ha. Need to drop some hints on how much admire it.

A thought.... perhaps ask him if there is someone else he wants to give them too?

Hr might think it is rude of you to sell them for cash.

I know when I give nice things to people, I do so with the intention/hope that they use the item.

I know others may disagree with me here on the premise that a gift once given is now the receivers property.

EDIT: I missed the part of your post that stated you already purchased a brand new pair. That certainly changes the equation!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Not really a grado fan, or I’d be interested.

You could try selling on Head-Fi. It’s got a very active buy/sell forum that is way better than eBay or KSL/craigslist.

Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    A thought.... perhaps ask him if there is someone else he wants to give them too?

Hr might think it is rude of you to sell them for cash.

I know when I give nice things to people, I do so with the intention/hope that they use the item.

I know others may disagree with me here on the premise that a gift once given is now the receivers property.

EDIT: I missed the part of your post that stated you already purchased a brand new pair. That certainly changes the equation!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I'm trying to get what I want and be polite too

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Not really a grado fan, or I’d be interested.

You could try selling on Head-Fi. It’s got a very active buy/sell forum that is way better than eBay or KSL/craigslist.

Just an idea.
    Cool, good to know! I've never heard of it.

not sure if you use reddit but r/AVexchange is a pretty big sub for selling audio gear, head fi should be good too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk