Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    On top of constantly feeling like I have been, the embarrassment and shame you carry to ask for help is also crippling. It’s like the perfect storm converging.

Right now I’m just going to continue with saying thank you.
    The shame is what holds us back. Try to understand that that is your hurdle.

That shame is also why people reach out... they are overcoming their own shame. They (we) know that reaching out, and putting ourselves out there is exposing weak points.

Again, the people that are trying to help you are kind of selfish in that they're also reaching out for help. They're admitting weakness, admitting shame, and offering their own stories to give you strength. They want you to call them. They want to feel validated. They want to be there because being there gives them purpose.

Shame is the most brutal part of this whole game.

Open the door, and call them.

That in and of itself is a step in the right direction. Why? Because you're going to be confronted with why you're ashamed.

(If you can't dial... just text us... we'll call.)

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Hell Yeah...speaking of breathing. You may want to put a study on the vagus nerve, box breathing, yogi breathing, diaphragmatic breathing (basically the same thing).
    Do not under estimate the power of breath work. I could write a sweet 10 page blog on the complete turnaround in my health since doing so. I know my friends and doctors are sick of hearing me talk about it but they can’t ignore the amazing improvements. One effect has been processing and dealing with a lot of suppressed issues in a calm and rational manner.

For an easy and effective breathing exercise try 4/7/8. Inhale for 4, hold for 7, exhale for 8. Plenty of free apps for timing although it’s easy enough to count in your head. It does a lot to reduce anxiety. It’s one of several techniques I use and I try for between 1 and 2 hours a day of controlled breathing exercises. I do a half hour of 4/7/8 before I go to bed, usually while watching TV or reading. I’ve never slept better. Anytime my mind is racing, I can calm it down in just a few minutes.

^^^Thanks for that. Always a good reminder

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Do not under estimate the power of breath work. I could write a sweet 10 page blog on the complete turnaround in my health since doing so. I know my friends and doctors are sick of hearing me talk about it but they can’t ignore the amazing improvements. One effect has been processing and dealing with a lot of suppressed issues in a calm and rational manner.

For an easy and effective breathing exercise try 4/7/8. Inhale for 4, hold for 7, exhale for 8. Plenty of free apps for timing although it’s easy enough to count in your head. It does a lot to reduce anxiety. It’s one of several techniques I use and I try for between 1 and 2 hours a day of controlled breathing exercises. I do a half hour of 4/7/8 before I go to bed, usually while watching TV or reading. I’ve never slept better. Anytime my mind is racing, I can calm it down in just a few minutes.
    I end up gasping for air after a couple of breaths when I try that. Which does not at all calm me.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I end up gasping for air after a couple of breaths when I try that. Which does not at all calm me.
    I was the same less than 3 years ago. I started with some other exercises and built my way up. Just doing cyclic breathing will help, 5 second inhale, 5 second exhale, repeat. If you can’t do 5, do 4 or even 3. Also adding a 1 second pause after each exhale will start you down a path. The key is you consciously controlling how you’re breathing and not letting your stress levels dictate how you breathe. It’s the only automatic body function that we can control and the changes can be profound.

I have an aqaintence who told me she is a breath coach, does seminars in person she said it sold out and I think she might do them on-line I had no idea it was a thing

same person turned me onto the microdosing

edit: she always did seem kind of high strung so now that calming thing makes sense
    Last edited by XXX-er; 03-19-2024 at 11:00 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

That’s trippy.
    Just tried a few. And it feels good.
    The hold is the part I hadn’t seen before. But it feels nice. Makes the exhale better.
    . . .

I was the same less than 3 years ago. I started with some other exercises and built my way up. Just doing cyclic breathing will help, 5 second inhale, 5 second exhale, repeat. If you can’t do 5, do 4 or even 3. Also adding a 1 second pause after each exhale will start you down a path. The key is you consciously controlling how you’re breathing and not letting your stress levels dictate how you breathe. It’s the only automatic body function that we can control and the changes can be profound.
    Ya, I'm fine with 5 on the cyclic breathing. I sometimes use that on my way to sleep just because I find it enjoyable to do at that time. And I've tried circular breathing. I like both but I forget about them. Also, the box breathing I was introduced to was 4-4-4-4. THAT makes me almost pass out.

Well I bought a midweek Basin pass tonight.
    I’m sure the fun and exercise is not going to be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Sucks that the doctor you saw was useless. That has to be beyond frustrating when you take the right steps and have the courage to pour out what’s going on and then not get the help you were looking for.

Gonna bring up Ketamine again. I mean through a clinic - not off the street.

Like anything it’s not a guaranteed solution in everyone. But for those it works for it does wonders - and is long lasting. It can literally be life saving and life changing.

https://healthcare.utah.edu/hmhi/tre...amine-infusion

Calling them tomorrow. Discussed this with my wife and she agrees that I should explore this further.

Fuck yeah. Good move.

Sent from my island using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

About to turn 50 and am too tired to continue

Calling them tomorrow. Discussed this with my wife and she agrees that I should explore this further.
    Buzzworthy - something to keep in mind - when you try something (ketamine, skiing, breathing exercises etc) - if it doesn't improve how you are feeling that is not your failure - that is a "failure of the treatment"

For people in your situation it may feel like, when you’re trying to get better, you are swimming up a fast moving river that is trying to drag you down and drown you. And the catch-22 of depression/anhedonia is that they rob a person of all their motivation and their energy - just to stay afloat takes great effort.

So for someone in that situation to make a positive attempt at getting better - that is a success in and of itself - even if the treatment doesn’t help the attempt should be viewed as a success.

Now that's easy for me to say and potentially harder to accept for that person struggling in the river.

Just try to remember that if a treatment is ineffective that is a treatment failure - not a Buzzworthy failure. Quite the opposite in fact.
    Last edited by bennymac; 03-20-2024 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Fuck yeah. Good move.

Sent from my island using TGR Forums
    Fuck yeah. Good move x2

This one's for my homeys here who have struggled or are currently struggling...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brain.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	214.6 KB 
ID:	491195

Sometimes our brains can be some lying pricks. Haha. Always remember: You are worthy. You are loved. And we think you rock.

Canadian, and stuff, so not sure if they send it across borders:

https://microdosify.com/microdosing-101/?v=3e8d115eb4b3

I’ve been seriously considering this, but it would give the lady I’m married to another reason to get rid of me.

But hey if she does really kick me out, I may try microdosing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

yeah i been using https://www.getmagicmushrooms.co/ you seriously DO NOT get high, my every weekend sledding/ mushroom eating/ get high buddy did some quick math & figures i would need to eat 5 of the 200mg to get high but i only do 1 every other day

if anything I'm drinking less and haven't touched any MJ in since november

I have no significant other in my life which is probably why there has been a mtn bike sitting in my dining room all winter

time to take it out
    Last edited by XXX-er; 03-21-2024 at 12:02 PM.

How has your mood changed doing those? Is it a noticeable difference? Are you more of yourself?

Like Buzz, my minds been in dark places lately too, to the point my therapist says I need to visit her more. I’m not me lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

I retired at 49 so even tho i have no reason to worry my mind still tells me to worry about things that don't need worrying about

so less anxiety, more even keel, i would think about how i am reacting rather than react but I think YMMV

I've gobbled down a handful of enough mushrooms to get high a couple times in the past so i know what the mushroom high is but this is not that

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I retired at 49 so even tho i have no reason to worry my mind still tells me to worry about things that don't need worrying about

so less anxiety, more even keel, i would think about how i am reacting rather than react but I think YMMV

I've gobbled down a handful of enough mushrooms to get high a couple times in the past so i know what the mushroom high is but this is not that
    Only a couple of times???

yeah only done the right amount of mushrooms a couple times and had good experiances, no LSD , nothing hard, lots of pot and alcohol

but as I said micro dosing is not like eating a big handful of mushrooms

Buzz, just checking in to say I'm still here, along with everyone else. We are always here. Glad to hear about the midweek pass.

Also, I think you know by now that under the bravado and bullshit that gets tossed around everyone here is the same - just here to have that connection with others that love the outdoors. That connection doesn't give a shit about embarrassment or shame - it doesn't even understand the concepts. It just sees another human with that same relationship to the bigass natural world.

No one here wants anything from you beyond you still being here tomorrow, and next month, and next year.

Let us know what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah only done the right amount of mushrooms a couple times and had good experiances, no LSD , nothing hard, lots of pot and alcohol
    Right on.

So what happens if you take a butt ton of micro doses at once?

why are you putting them up your butt?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    why are you putting them up your butt?
    Because they taste like shit?