Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    you don't need a piss break if you are wearing waders

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    With my father-in-law, we used to make a 3hr late night drive to make it to a duck hole by shooting light and then turn around and drive straight home. After a couple times of this rush-rush, I offered to drive and before we headed home, I said I am taking a moment to change out of waders-it’s really not that hard to strip them off when wearing wader pants underneath. We got home and in-law complains to my wife that it was silly that I took the time to change. This guy had been wearing sweaty ass neoprene waders while driving for decades and when my wife said “well dad, it makes sense to change” it’s like he had never even considered it. He is also the same asshole that would drag his whole family 6 hrs straight without a piss break, the mother in law said she was thankful when I came around and insisted on a piss break because it wasn’t just her asking. My old man and step dad were the same way; forget this. I will always travel comfortably especially with my family in-tow.

I am not wearing gear, for any activity, if the drive is longer than 30 minutes, and even if I have most my ski gear on for a short drive, I am changing socks before booting up.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I'm fortunate if I do a morning session on a weekday, I don't need to undress in the parking lot and subject people to that horror show. My office building has a gym and a changing room/showers.

I also like to wear ski socks around the house. Not the thin performance socks I wear on the hill, but the nice thick "comfort socks" that make your feet hurt when you put your foot in a ski boot. You truly haven't lived until you have experienced a nice thick wool ski sock on a wood floor in the middle of winter while making pancakes.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

wow, some very funny shit here.

i always dress for the hill at home, have never found ski pants/base layer uncomfortable or too hot (see automobile climate control). 45 min ride or 4hr ride all the same. then again i often wear ice packs on my knees part of the ride up.

i do wait til i arrive at the lot to switch into (dry) ski socks and i never do the drive in my boots.

i drive home in ski pants, gaper i am, unless they're soaked. car has a heater and tech fabrics dry fast. unless it's spring and i change into shorts.

just about always boot up in the car. base lodge is for the gapers
    Last edited by buckethead; 02-23-2024 at 12:31 PM.

anybody out there shitting in the parking lot?
    Name:  Screen Shot 2024-02-23 at 1.56.58 PM.png
Views: 561
Size:  167.1 KB
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    anybody out there shitting in the parking lot?
    Name:  Screen Shot 2024-02-23 at 1.56.58 PM.png
Views: 561
Size:  167.1 KB
    Does shitting your pants count?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Does shitting your pants count?
    well are you changing in the parking lot, in the lodge, or at home?

or hell, are you owning that shit like a real man and not changing at all?
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    well are you changing in the parking lot, in the lodge, or at home?

or hell, are you owning that shit like a real man and not changing at all?
    More of a shart after a night of drinking, had to free ball the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    But I’m a little lord fauntleroy.
    I'll take "things I did not expect to read on the TRGs today" for $1000, Alex.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    ...I’ve also been known to powder my balls with gold bond before a spring skin. Because fuck swamp ass in April
    Ball Cheese vs Swamp Ass... two different anamulez. Ball Cheese is more analogous to Toe Jam
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the GF used to dress in the P-lot and not wear the gortex bibs I got her which I could never figure out but I wasn't gona ask

https://www.uline.ca/Product/Detail/...55ee92194370df

these ^^ are great to sit on while putting on your boots in the p-lot or having a beer apres ski,

turn it upsidedown for a waterproof boot holder on the ride home and you won't have a wet spot,

of course some people don' mind the wet spot

^^^Except don't give your money to those uline folks. Find a different squatty potty substitute^^^

They donate money to election deniers and far right candidates.

[/polyass]

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Who fucking cares?

Perhaps question your impulse to doubt the competence of people who don't behave like you instead.
    +1

though last year someone decided to get out in middle of a snowstorm, to take their boots off in the middle of a moving redsnake, I thought that was a bit much. Think you would slap on the boots before getting on the road one few times I passed a car going downhill

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post

i always dress for the hill at home, have never found ski pants/base layer uncomfortable or too hot (see automobile climate control). 45 min ride or 4hr ride all the same. then again i often wear ice packs on my knees part of the ride up.

i do wait til i arrive at the lot to switch into (dry) ski socks and i never do the drive in my boots.

i drive home in ski pants, gaper i am, unless they're soaked. car has a heater and tech fabrics dry fast. unless it's spring and i change into shorts.

Im old school New England. I like to take my gaper ass to the lodge and get my shit on in comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post

A 4 hour drive in ski pants? What if you drip chipotle ranch sauce on them?
    Quote Originally Posted by halliday View Post
    Im old school New England. I like to take my gaper ass to the lodge and get my shit on in comfort.
    This is exactly what base lodges are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    .... a nice thick wool ski sock on a wood floor ....
    don't you slip around a lot?

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

OP must not be part of the river/rafting/surfing community
    they take parking lot changing to the next level
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    This is very true.

I had no idea hyperhidrosis was a TGR plague. You guys are some sweaty silver backs.

Other than boots I wear my gear to the hill. What takes a few minutes to do at home where it's dry, takes longer while you're dancing around, getting snowed/rained on, standing in a parking lot. Probably take off my coat if I'm driving longer than a half hour. Thought this was SOP of the experienced skier. Surprised it's not.

Getting dressed in the parking lot

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Yeah, thats very different. You’re actually soaking wet, and the weather probably isn’t that cold or actively snowing.

When i lived in socal and surfed every morning, i very much so changed outside. But comparing apples to oranges is what that sounds like

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BeHuWe View Post
    Sounds like you get dressed in the parking lot.
    I've done it many different ways and none of them where interesting or worthy of a thread.

This is a straight up alpine zone thread. Next you all will be cracking tired inside jokes while bickering about who makes the best hand warmers. Fuck off. Can't any of you old farts ski any more?

As soon as I can put my surgically repaired foot back in a ski boot I'll remind you drooling, doddering, fools that you don't need to give up on yourselves just yet. I'm not sure how I'll pull it off but I'll get a decent trip report up before the end of the season.

And you folks doing Euro BBI better deliver some stoke beyond a few semi-focused pics of gray beards nodding off to sleep half drunk by the fire after consuming half a mug of glugg or Bombardino, or some other unpleasant, hot concoction the inn keeper talks you into trying. If you don't I'll personally put dog shit under all your doorhandles.

Solid Friday night rant. 7.5/10. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I've done it many different ways and none of them where interesting or worthy of a thread.

This is a straight up alpine zone thread. Next you all will be cracking tired inside jokes while bickering about who makes the best hand warmers. Fuck off. Can't any of you old farts ski any more?

As soon as I can put my surgically repaired foot back in a ski boot I'll remind you drooling, doddering, fools that you don't need to give up on yourselves just yet. I'm not sure how I'll pull it off but I'll get a decent trip report up before the end of the season.

And you folks doing Euro BBI better deliver some stoke beyond a few semi-focused pics of gray beards nodding off to sleep half drunk by the fire after consuming half a mug of glugg or Bombardino, or some other unpleasant, hot concoction the inn keeper talks you into trying. If you don't I'll personally put dog shit under all your doorhandles.
    I read this in the Old-Timer voice. It seemed to click.

Just rallied from bridger to North Seattle in my bibs and so did my daughter. What tf is so hard about driving in ski pants? They have zips for fucks sake. And if you saw lot 3/4 without snow you would avoid changing there like the plague because its literally dogshit and man piss... one misstep and those socks are donzo

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Just rallied from bridger to North Seattle in my bibs and so did my daughter. What tf is so hard about driving in ski pants? They have zips for fucks sake. And if you saw lot 3/4 without snow you would avoid changing there like the plague because its literally dogshit and man piss... one misstep and those socks are donzo
    Who said driving in ski pants was hard? It's just that some people like swamp ass less than you. Nothing to get all worked up about.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Who said driving in ski pants was hard? It's just that some people like swamp ass less than you. Nothing to get all worked up about.
    No swamp ass here not even sweaty ballsack.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk