Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Getting dressed in the parking lot

Can someone explain this to me? Serious question, I’ve always wondered this.

Why do so many people come to the hill in clothes they have no intention of skiing in? Is it that hard to drive with bibs/pants and ski socks already donned?

Do you just like standing in the cold half dressed or when it’s snowing trying to find your balance and get socks on? Is it akin to an ice bath in the morning to wake the senses up or are you a relative of Wim Hof?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

i figure they have a long ass commute or they are dumb.

i'd drive in ski boots if i could.

Also I wish there was some kind of shoe I could wear over my zipfits and drive in those.

don't want to start sweaty from being bundled up in the car?

Not something I do often, but I've done it plenty of times. If I'm going skiing for the day and it's my usual <1hr drive I'm changing at home.

If I have a long drive (2+ hours) I'd rather be comfortable and not wearing everything. May be wearing base/mid layers or might be wearing normal clothes.

I've also gone straight to the hill from work or kid sports and changed when I got there.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    ...I wish there was some kind of shoe I could wear over my zipfits and drive in those.
    Short distance drive?
    Mount left zipfit and boot

Right Zipfit... 1 gallon ziplock baggie
    ​I am not in your hurry

Most people are clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    This, along with having a 40-60 minute drive and wanting the drive to be comfortable.

I also don't want to drive home in my ski gear, so I'll take it off before I leave too.

Quote Originally Posted by BeHuWe View Post
    Can someone explain this to me? Serious question, I’ve always wondered this.

Why do so many people come to the hill in clothes they have no intention of skiing in? Is it that hard to drive with bibs/pants and ski socks already donned?

Do you just like standing in the cold half dressed or when it’s snowing trying to find your balance and get socks on? Is it akin to an ice bath in the morning to wake the senses up or are you a relative of Wim Hof?
    Some of us aren't trustfunders, we have jobs and can't afford a sprinter mobile. It must really bother you to see people changing into their ski clothes in the parking lot, but I'd much rather do it there and show you my bare ass than going into mildewy lodges where everyone's shit is strewn about.

Also I wish there was some kind of shoe I could wear over my zipfits and drive in those.
    Name:  61qKfreoo7L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
Views: 1639
Size:  36.7 KB

something like this Tingley Workbrutes G2 45811 PVC Overshoe - or other galosh type thing actually works pretty well for zips; but you are going to have to drive in your ski pants..

Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    Name:  61qKfreoo7L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
Views: 1639
Size:  36.7 KB

something like this Tingley Workbrutes G2 45811 PVC Overshoe - or other galosh type thing actually works pretty well for zips; but you are going to have to drive in your ski pants..

my ski pants are a shell. i hardly notice? (which is kind of the point of OP)

thanks for the idea though!

I drive in my skiboots every day. It's really not that hard (at one point I could drive standard pickup with them but not euro cars)
    it's a 15 minute commute to the hill then 15 minutes to work after skiing.
    Lots of people I know drive with their left boot on.
    Those boot covers look like the answer to the zipfit quandary for sure.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

This x2 for me.

For some reason I more-easily sweat than others, which can become an annoyance during outdoor activities.

So I've gotten used to bringing extra top layers just so I can cycle through them in case.

Never changing out my long-johns though once I get them on. But I do pack an extra pair i the ski bag just in case...

The ppl that show up in civilian clothing and change in the parking lot crack me up. I'm all business when the snows good and seconds count when you're running a little behind and still shooting for 1st or 2nd chair. Parking lot changers have questionable motives and can't be trusted

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    This x2 for me.

For some reason I more-easily sweat than others, which can become an annoyance during outdoor activities.

So I've gotten used to bringing extra top layers just so I can cycle through them in case.

Never changing out my long-johns though once I get them on. But I do pack an extra pair i the ski bag just in case...
    Roll down the window? Air-conditioning?

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Less heat since you have clothes meant to defeat weather already on? Not being a smartass just genuinely curious

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Not something I do often, but I've done it plenty of times. If I'm going skiing for the day and it's my usual <1hr drive I'm changing at home.

If I have a long drive (2+ hours) I'd rather be comfortable and not wearing everything. May be wearing base/mid layers or might be wearing normal clothes.

I've also gone straight to the hill from work or kid sports and changed when I got there.
    Guess my bibs/pants aren’t tight enough to be uncomfortable

As a member of the clueless masses and guilty of having skis too long, I never wear my bibs and goretex in the car.

I put those on in the parking lot with a lot of max dance moves and boss contortions.

Happy now?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Some of us aren't trustfunders, we have jobs and can't afford a sprinter mobile. It must really bother you to see people changing into their ski clothes in the parking lot, but I'd much rather do it there and show you my bare ass than going into mildewy lodges where everyone's shit is strewn about.
    Im far from a “trust funder.” A decade in the marine corps and now a nurse. BTW i drive a tundra with 3 passengers to hill almost every time I ski, no sprinter here.

I just find it funny to get dressed twice in a very short amount of time

Got to thinkin' about more shit Ireallydon'tneed...

cheap alternative - old school

SR Max Slip Resistant Unisex Cold Storage Overshoe https://a.co/d/eOJmxPL
    ​I am not in your hurry

Who fucking cares?

Perhaps question your impulse to doubt the competence of people who don't behave like you instead.

If you’re someone who arrives to the lot in regular clothing…….

Fuck you

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Who fucking cares?

Perhaps question your impulse to doubt the competence of people who don't behave like you instead.
    Sounds like you get dressed in the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    As a member of the clueless masses... I never wear my bibs and goretex in the car.

I put those on in the parking lot with a lot of max dance moves and boss contortions...
    This... wicking/baselayer & socks. Then loose shorts. Don appropriate layers in the lot like op/leatherneck/devildog
    ​I am not in your hurry

Maybe I don't want everyone in the office knowing that I'm sneaking out for mid day laps?

the GF used to dress in the P-lot and not wear the gortex bibs I got her which I could never figure out but I wasn't gona ask

https://www.uline.ca/Product/Detail/...55ee92194370df

these ^^ are great to sit on while putting on your boots in the p-lot or having a beer apres ski,

turn it upsidedown for a waterproof boot holder on the ride home and you won't have a wet spot,

of course some people don' mind the wet spot
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The obvious solution to all of this is to ski in jeans. Iceman figured it out years ago.