(Sad to see) Melanie passed away in Jan at age 76

Hadn't realised until listening to long track on kalx radio. She was very much unique.
    As a (very) young man watching her sing "tuning my guitar" on british tv...fucking awesome.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Brand new key was one of my first favorite songs. Thanks for the videos Turx. She was a talent!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Hilltop hoods are so good. Their first hit was nosebleed section. They were a small act at the time and sampled at will without litigation concerns. Suffer was a big Melanie fan and he loved "people in the front row". He played it non stop. He rushed to sample it and make a song and vid. Through some phrases together for the song then used some vids of a flatland bmx friend and put out a vid after the song was well recieved. Originally they werent even going to put it on tbeir album because they thought it was "too nice", back when they were young toughs. After settling the lawsuit with the record company they didnt make any money on the song but it boosted tgem huge. Later Suffer was able to meet Melanie and tgey became great friends after his initisl awstruck subsided.I just now put 2 and 2 together that the sample and Melanie was the same Melanie as all those other classics . People in the front row and nosebleed section are sooo good
    RIP Melanie

https://youtu.be/lqCyTM1bF6Q?si=_SuPuquYZuU96Mem

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Instantly identifiable and very beautiful voice. Thx Turx for posting - that vid of Tuning My Guitar is amazing!

The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.