Thread: new ski film

new ski film

I know you fuckers are all old and crusty and grouches but this movie came out a few weeks ago I think it's pretty fucking good it felt vaguely familiar to my 20s for some reason

Seconded. It captures living in a ski town in a hilarious way. The plot is comparably strong to many great ski films (hotdog, aspen extreme, out cold, the gang hits the slopes) and has just as many ridiculous, laugh your face off moments. Let’s just say the ante has been significantly upped from McConkey’s fart in the tram and claim it.

Nice

Def has some moments, fun to watch. As of a couple days ago, you can watch it on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I thought it was ok. They should have spent more time on the “unknown locals” bit. I thought that part was really good and where the movie was best.

Also…they needed more skiing. For a skiing movie, they didn’t show a lot of it. They kind of used it to set up the “plot” but it really didn’t feel like it was part of the story.

Anyway… I guess I had higher hopes since I do think Katie Burrel is funny.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    I thought it was ok.

Anyway… I guess I had higher hopes since I do think Katie Burrel is funny.
    Agreed. I think she’s funny and original but this movie didn’t quite land for me compared to her other stuff

Not perfect, but it has a lot of great moments and overall I liked it and plan to watch it again.

And who gives a fuck if there isn't much skiing. The skiing is always the boring part anyway.

And it's not "new," it's been playing in ski towns (and selling out theaters) for months. Now it's recently available for purchase on Prime and AppleTV.

Bonus for the Lost Trail sticker prominently displayed.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters