Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I skied this last year with a group at the conclusion of an Avy I class where we were doing a tour to the summits around there, analyzing conditions, etc. I caught it at really good snow conditions, so it wasn't too bad, but it was fun. We saw and talked about the cornice mentioned by another poster.
    I've come across the remnants of some huge slides off Donner Peak and environs, hiking in spring/early summer.

What's that Gwyneth paltrow line? Seemed pretty gnarly..

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    The 3/4 Moraine Lake October. The thought of skiing it never crossed my mind. Really cool.
    Attachment 485765
    Attachment 485766
    Yeah, that's it!! Maybe one day...if I ever get there and the snow's good (obviously--don't have a death wish).

La Grave Y Couloir...gripped doesn't really adequately describe how I felt at the top of that thing. Got to ski it with Combs's protege, Chad Vanderham (thanks to Pelle Lang). Wish I had some decent shots of it, but was preoccupied with surviving...

From the back and forth traverse to get in:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Y.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	264.5 KB 
ID:	486160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Y.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	264.5 KB 
ID:	486160
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Skied Aemmer in great snow. Was amazing. Skied 3/4 at Moraine on a bullet proof rain crust. Most consistently scary day in the backcountry I've ever had. Dealing with the rockfall hazard on the way up and the fall hazard on the way down was mentally draining. Both similar at their steepest sections, but it's crazy how much snow conditions can affect your perception.

No Way Out and Rocket Pocket (both accessed from Delirium Dive at Sunshine Village) are two personal highlights. Rocket Pocket had a couple of stupid steep sections above exposure.

Have enjoyed a few other very memorable steep lines with mntlion in the Delirium Dive area. Megladawn off the backside and then a very rarely skied line far left of the Dive.

The big one that got away for me is Silver City at SSV. Now a permanent closure. I think mntlion skied some lines in there?

Aemmer:

Rocket Pocket in between the two mandatories:

Attachment 485862
    Skied 3/4 on bullet proof crust?? Uhhh, why?? I mean, props, I guess, but still. And the bottom photo...yeah, that looks scary to me.
    [quote][//quote]

There's a local line called the Salamander on Chipeta Peak that I can see out the picture window calling. Long approach. Tomcat's photo late summer mostly melted out. The entry from the summit can be a cornice drop.

Name:	Chipeta Mountain 7.3.17 018.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	435.8 KB 
ID:	486185

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post

It sure favors people that live nearby that can hit it the moment it’s good.
    Truth. We had to do a smash and grab to finally ski it. The weather looked good so we left CB, ate some dinner in Jackson, then tried to sleep for a couple of hours before getting up at 11pm. The approach sucked (half snow, half dirt all the way up), so the whole thing took longer than we'd like. Thankfully some friends grabbed us some takeout since all the restaurants were closed by the time we got back into town. They live way down by Hoback, and our hotel was up on the N side of town towards the park. Got to bed at like 2am, got up at 8, ate at the Virginian, and drove home.

I had a similar experience with the Skillet. Drove up from CO, got to the lake and realized we didn't really have time to sleep so we just loaded up the canoe and started paddling around midnight

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I had a similar experience with the Skillet. Drove up from CO, got to the lake and realized we didn't really have time to sleep so we just loaded up the canoe and started paddling around midnight
    First time I tried the Skillet, I drove all the way up from N.M. just to find the entire ‘handle’ and upper 1/4 of the body had just slid. Oh well. The second time we camped at the foot of the glacier and things went really smoothly.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...90#post2416090

Fucking photobucket.

Gibraltar Chute on Rainier is pretty steep in the choke. You also have a couple hundred foot tall serac looming over you for the entirety of the line, which makes the whole experience somewhat unnerving...

Name:	PXL_20230426_175854655.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	950.5 KB 
ID:	486211

Name:	PXL_20230426_181604398.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	486213

Name:	PXL_20230426_170454074 (1).jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	486214

Hoping to check out Sunset Amphitheater Couloir and some other more obscure lines this season

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post

Fucking photobucket.
    Ha, just saw my TR linked in yours and.....fucking photobucket!

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Ha, just saw my TR linked in yours and.....fucking photobucket!
    Yeah, your beta was a huge help. Randosteve (rip) as well.

Taco Bell Couloir.

If you know you know.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Taco Bell Couloir.

If you know you know.
    Don’t get caught trespassing!

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Don’t get caught trespassing!
    Or in the creek at the bottom like wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Or in the creek at the bottom like wolverine.
    He probably didn’t realize White Castle is the go to when your craving!

Kevorkians since I only got a partial last time
    Central
    Heavens 11

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

https://alchetron.com/Mount-Clemence...resize-750.php

Mount Clemenceau North Face (want to ski)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    All conditions, all terrain.
    Expect nothing, don’t be disappointed.
    Too Old To Die Young (TOTDY)

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Jakal View Post

Definitely! I had a look down it and around it. Beauty with one big ass cornice stretching pretty much the length of it

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

[QUOTE=grinch;7025728]Definitely! I had a look down it and around it. Beauty with one big ass cornice stretching pretty much the length of it

Have you been on top?

[QUOTE=Darren Jakal;7025876]
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Definitely! I had a look down it and around it. Beauty with one big ass cornice stretching pretty much the length of it

Have you been on top?
    We climbed the west facing ramp at the south end of the west face hoping to ski that but it was wind pressed. We skied the west face alpine climbs route in light fluffy fresh. 1st pic has the summit just in front of me. 2nd pic shows our ascent ramp behind our turns. I think we had another 1500ft of skiing below that 2nd pic i think
    Name:  FB_IMG_1707781034497.jpeg
Views: 355
Size:  31.8 KBName:  FB_IMG_1707781064265.jpeg
Views: 351
Size:  11.6 KB

[QUOTE=grinch;7025899]
    We climbed the west facing ramp at the south end of the west face hoping to ski that but it was wind pressed. We skied the west face alpine climbs route in light fluffy fresh. 1st pic has the summit just in front of me. 2nd pic shows our ascent ramp behind our turns. I think we had another 1500ft of skiing below that 2nd pic i think
    Name:  FB_IMG_1707781034497.jpeg
Views: 355
Size:  31.8 KBName:  FB_IMG_1707781064265.jpeg
Views: 351
Size:  11.6 KB

How did you get in there? Looking for access beta.

Wow. Ski that and win the thread, I guess.
    [quote][//quote]

[QUOTE=Darren Jakal;7025907]

How did you get in there? Looking for access beta.
    Alpine helicopters out of golden flew us to the tusk glacier, at the foot of the west face of clemenceau, from the pick up at kinabasket lake . Don Mctighe was the pilot. Dons the man! Showed us some cool shit on the flight. We were able to piggyback off an ACC group. It was cheaper to split the cost of 2 flights from their fueling station at kinabasket and then we all(ACC group and us 3) split the cost for alpine to fly from golden to kinabasket i think is how it worked. Guide buddy thst set it up dropped us off at kinabasket
    Tusk is down below the 1st pic and Tusk mt would be out of the pis on the left. 2nd pic is the tent on the tusk glacier with Tusk mt behind and clemenceau would be out of the pic on the left. After Clemenceau we carried on thru the col between the 2 towards Mt ColumbiaName:  FB_IMG_1707784785754.jpeg
Views: 318
Size:  31.3 KBName:  FB_IMG_1707784834383.jpeg
Size:  24.8 KB

[QUOTE=grinch;7025948]
    Alpine helicopters out of golden flew us to the tusk glacier, at the foot of the west face of clemenceau, from the pick up at kinabasket lake . Don Mctighe was the pilot. Dons the man! Showed us some cool shit on the flight. We were able to piggyback off an ACC group. It was cheaper to split the cost of 2 flights from their fueling station at kinabasket and then we all(ACC group and us 3) split the cost for alpine to fly from golden to kinabasket i think is how it worked. Guide buddy thst set it up dropped us off at kinabasket
    Tusk is down below the 1st pic and Tusk mt would be out of the pis on the left. 2nd pic is the tent on the tusk glacier with Tusk mt behind and clemenceau would be out of the pic on the left. After Clemenceau we carried on thru the col between the 2 towards Mt ColumbiaName:  FB_IMG_1707784785754.jpeg
Size:  31.3 KBName:  FB_IMG_1707784834383.jpeg
Size:  24.8 KB

Thanks! A long flight and nice to split it up. Too bad there is no longer anyone doing fixed wing flights (as far as I know).

[QUOTE=Darren Jakal;7025958]

Thanks! A long flight and nice to split it up. Too bad there is no longer anyone doing fixed wing flights (as far as I know).
    Those guys dont run their business any longer but they were out there flying. They landed on the glacier and gave us oranges. This was 10+ yrs ago but maybe theyre still around and have interest. I believe they were from golden. We had a sat phone and were able to pic up weather reports from Bernie and Eric at Campbell icefield lodge