Check Out Our Shop

Recommendations for double ski roller bag?

What do you like for a double roller ski bag that's tough, won't get destroyed by airline baggage handlers after a couple trips, and can protect a couple pairs of skis (3 pairs if flat/ no bindings)?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I love my dakine fall line. I got it in 2007 amd have no reason to replace it. Great price too when compared to others only $165 these days.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I went with the Dakine Boundary roller bag, holds 2 sets of skis and other stuff. Used it on a trip to Japan in 2019 and getting ready to used it again. It’s more expensive than the fall line.

Zipline has one that's really well protected, has pockets,straps and pole sleeves, and long enough for 190cm+ skis for <$200

Sierra Trading has Sport tube ski bags on sale now - hard shell and soft bags. No idea on their quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    I love my dakine fall line. I got it in 2007 amd have no reason to replace it. Great price too when compared to others only $165 these days.

I have this one too and have no complaints. Has held up well through a number of domestic and international flights. It can be a little unwieldy trying to get around a busy airport, but I feel like that is true of every roller bag.

I should add that mine see two to three trips through an airport every season. I can hold my 182 sakanas and 187 hojis, both with pivots 15s and poles amd I'm at 49.x pounds. I am looking at the boundary as I do have a few 190+ skis

+1 for the fall line. Super durable (but also cheap enough to abuse), wheels are solid and easy to drag even through snow and ice. Folds up pretty nicely to store when not in use. Easy to find on sale at the end of the season, sometimes floating around on FB marketplace for sub $100 too. Overall great bag, fit both billy goats 184 and jeff 181 together without issue (but it was HEAVY).

Got a deal on the Thule. Never would have considered it without the 60% off code, but it's been great. No idea about durability as I haven't used it often but appears bomber and could handle three pair flat no problem.

Thanks all for the beta! Lots of models to check out...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I really Like my Dakine fall line roller bag (the more expensive $190 version)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums