Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Some great ideas presented. How many days are you there? How far do you have to skin in (if at all) to the yurt
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Some great ideas presented. How many days are you there? How far do you have to skin in (if at all) to the yurt
    4.5 mile skin in, likely going to pay for a shuttle since stbmrstgapp isn't feeling well (not contagious), so weight isn't an issue. 3 nights out there. I'm pretty good at the basics, just wanted to mix things up a bit here. Great ideas in this thread!

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Down boots or some other quality footwear. The floor is often cold and you may have to go out to use the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Pre-roll some fat burritos w foil, freeze or chill. Reheat in the morning on the yurt wood stove, then haul em up the skintrack to yer picnic spot with OR Burrito Holster.

Attachment 482249
    I love pre heated burritos and have one of these but never made the connection before. Genius!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Some "fairy lights" will definitely create some ambiance.
    If they can make the back of a Subaru romantic, imagine the soft glow in your rustic hideaway.

Amazon has some nice warm knit thigh highs. Nice gift... Fun
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I don't know man. Right move is probably gonna be that pointy lighter up your butt while dressed as Martha Stewart. Hopefully the skiing will be good too.

All I'm saying is, that thing is definitely made to go up a butt.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Nothing says Martha Stewart like a nice set of linen napkins. Next level it and impress your Mrs with some folding skills.

https://youtu.be/LG3K0pk59FA?si=DWtSLTVboJ3Ck3Ku
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    I don't know man. Right move is probably gonna be that pointy lighter up your butt while dressed as Martha Stewart. Hopefully the skiing will be good too.

All I'm saying is, that thing is definitely made to go up a butt.
    I think it was Spook that said “anything can be a sex toy if you’re brave enough”

That butt plug looked nice and light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Miso soup packets are nice for when you get back to
    The yurt. Warm and hydrating

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    As are Emergen-C packets added to hot water.

Down booties are a must

Cheap, colored, battery-operated LED lights. LBski brought a batter-operated mini disco ball tooir last yurt trip...it was quite festive.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    That butt plug looked nice and light.
    They are not lightweight, but that makes them even more worth packing in. And what a seriously good thread name. Martha is so in her thirst trap game!

If you do pack food in a ziplock, do not heat up in hot water like a vacuum sealed bag unless you like your food tasting like plastic.

I second the miso soup packets for instant appetizer. And Oregon Chai powder drink mix with whiskey is a delicious camp drink!

Great ideas everyone!
    Last edited by SB; 01-12-2024 at 06:12 AM.
    watch out for snakes

Fresh snow makes great margaritas

Get a classy box o' wine (DABs has way better stuff than Franzia these days) and play a little slap the bag.

And plan triple redundancy for her warmth. I third the down booties. Hot water Nalgene for the sleeping bag, just in case. Extra hand warmers.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Shuttle in and out. No weight worries or volume worries. What's with all this talk of dehydration, vacuum sealed bags etc? Bottles of champagne, a lovely red, a nice white. Bring the cast iron fry pan!
    Pan seared scallops, shish kabob (bring a small charcoal barbeque). The shuttle is a game changer and a good move.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Shuttle in and out. No weight worries or volume worries. What's with all this talk of dehydration, vacuum sealed bags etc? Bottles of champagne, a lovely red, a nice white. Bring the cast iron fry pan!
    Pan seared scallops, shish kabob (bring a small charcoal barbeque). The shuttle is a game changer and a good move.
    I agree that the shuttle is a game changer, but he still has to do dishes in a yurt. Dehydrated stuff should be thrown in the trash, but vacuum sealed stuff is essentially about pre-cooking (or at least pre-prepping) to make life easier once there. Vacuum sealing is just a good way to transport things -- especially liquid things -- that leaves minimal waste to take out and minimal work while there (preparing food or doing dishes).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If a shuttle is an option bring high water low calorie food. ie a watermelon! I once have a friend hike in and meet us as we on day 9 of a 10 day back packing trip! He lugged a watermelon up 2000+ feet of a mountain... Legendary! The the fresh crunch made it totally worth it and it was extravagently impractical.

Completely out of my depth, but…

Extravagant impracticality to impress someone that can recognize it, and extravagant practicality for someone that can’t?

Quote Originally Posted by QuakerSimplyOats View Post
    If a shuttle is an option bring high water low calorie food. ie a watermelon! I once have a friend hike in and meet us as we on day 9 of a 10 day back packing trip! He lugged a watermelon up 2000+ feet of a mountain... Legendary! The the fresh crunch made it totally worth it and it was extravagently impractical.
    bro where you going to find a watermelon in january?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    snoop didnt make it but Little, Kasha Goblin and Sheldon did
    and were stoked the human brought milklbones and turkey tendons
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

- this is gonna be the best yurt trip in history