Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spudbumkin View Post
    Well, my season ended this morning. Broke my ankle walking the dog on icy sidewalks. See you all next year.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Fuk man, that sucks! Heal fast and maybe you catch some late spring skiing. Damned dogs!

Holy shit man I’m so sorry heal up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Bummer, heal up
    "bound to cover just a little more ground"

Boise / SW Idaho - ‘sgo!

Did my first bogus dawn patrol of the season yesterday. Sure is pretty & peaceful watching the sun rise over mores before things get busy. Upper lots were parked out by the time I got back to the car, looked like a zoo despite near-zilch temps. Gonna try to make a habit of AM fitness laps this year, anybody else in this thread getting after it before lifts turn?

Edit - with respect to spudbumpkin’s fukt ankle, RIP

Don’t feel bad for me. I expect you all to drive on with Life’s adventures and post them up here so I can observe vicariously. Ankles heal, next season will be here before we know it.

More cowbell!!!

Don’t feel bad for me. I expect you all to drive on with Life’s adventures and post them up here so I can observe vicariously. Ankles heal, next season will be here before we know it.

Hoping you recover quickly and well.

Anybody heading up skiing today by chance?

"I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

"HIS ANKLES ARE BROKEN!"

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    "HIS ANKLES ARE BROKEN!"
    Nobody has ever confused me with Tanner. My weaner is too little.

More cowbell!!!

Just a quick PSA for Bogus skiers.

Apparently the Forest Circus is going up to Bogus now with drug dogs and sniffing around for "contraband" while vehicles are parked and the owners are skiing.

I guess the Forest circus in Idaho has nothing better to do in the winter and must need the revenue or something, or they are just THAT BORED.

Mind you, you can get blackout drunk at the Simplot Lodge or at the Firewater, drive home and no one would blink and eye, but God forbid someone uses cannabis. Probably some transplant from Texas or California complained and that thought they left that in the rear view mirror when they moved to their 6000 sq ft. home in Idaho that didn't want their little Johnny having to smell that awful cannabis.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post

Apparently the Forest Circus is going up to Bogus now with drug dogs and sniffing around for "contraband" while vehicles are parked and the owners are skiing.

I guess the Forest circus in Idaho has nothing better to do in the winter and must need the revenue or something, or they are just THAT BORED.

Mind you, you can get blackout drunk at the Simplot Lodge or at the Firewater, drive home and no one would blink and eye, but God forbid someone uses cannabis. Probably some transplant from Texas or California complained and that thought they left that in the rear view mirror when they moved to their 6000 sq ft. home in Idaho that didn't want their little Johnny having to smell that awful cannabis.
    If true...

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post

Lame development but you know daho is 26% Mormon right? Don't need to import pearl clutchers up there

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    Lame development but you know daho is 26% Mormon right? Don't need to import pearl clutchers up there

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk
    well aware the clan of magic underwear people have a large population here, I don't mind them, most of the ones I know are live and let live, I'm more concerned about the Bible thumping right wingers moving here that claim to be Christian.

Saw an official looking "Law Enforcement" pickup in the radio tower turnout Sunday. Looked out of place. No one in it. Would be interested to hear more on the situation.
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

I spent a winter in Twin Falls 10 or 12 years ago and helped out down at Magic Mountain. Local law enforcement and FS would roll through pretty regularly with the dogs. Almost made me want to take up smoking weed again.

Saw law enforcement pickup at the radio tower pullout yesterday but he looked more like he was handing out parking tickets to folks skiing the ridge road than planning a drug bust.

Sure seemed like the whole town took the day heading into prez weekend. Pulled into silver queen lot at 4 and most of the usual powder pockets were pretty well skied out. Shafer was still holding the goods though, hell of a place to watch the sunset. Are there local names for the shots between Omar’s and Greenie’s?

Thread needs more stoke!

Are there local names for the shots between Omar’s and Greenie’s?

The area between Inspiration and Injun Joe is generally called the South Face. Nice turns to be had there when it is on.

More cowbell!!!

Boise / SW Idaho - ‘sgo!

The area between Inspiration and Injun Joe is generally called the South Face.
    Man I don’t even know the names of runs I think I know the names of.

Injun Joe is Greenie's. Official name change a few years ago. A lot of people still call it Joe. So now when you are staring at Squaw Butte off in the distance from the top of Greenie's, you can feel better about where your pass money went. Omar's Inspiration used to be just Inspiration. Omar Fricke was a long time patroller and all around good dude who passed a few years ago and they renamed that one in his honor. Pretty cool there. There's still a bunch of unofficial runs but Bogus has been adopting them more and more and signing them and recognizing on the map.

How’s the corn harvest?

Was gonna ski yesterday afternoon but got stuck w credentialing paperwork. Was cursing pretty good. Can only imagine how nice past few days have been.

-Jimi Hendrix

Answered my own question. Wife and 3yr old let me up for a lap on the face about 1pm. Still needed another 45-60 min to be prime time. Bumps under deer point were skiing pretty nice.

I might be up there from like 1-3ish tomorrow and probably wife and me Monday afternoon.

Holler if u see the orange helmet and pants on DPS

-Jimi Hendrix

Came up to yall's hood from UT for a couple of days at Tamarack & Brundage for some St. Patty's sun & slush. Cool hills, great vibes.

Name:  brun6.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  138.6 KB
    Montani Semper Liberi

Had the pleasure of some laps with Gosey! Might of hit the temp window too.

Good running into you dude. Best (and most laps) solo day I’ve had in quite a long time.

Homie even bought the beers. Glad to find the elusive mahogany chair.

Some sun cups. Bring your wax folks! Snow quality wildly aspect-dependent. Superior lift line and little shots (war eagle??? Etc) to get from morning star to superior took the longest to warm up. The Face is fun but def getting chunky and traverses are melting out. I had a hoot yesterday hot lapping the shit out of Landos. Love those bumps for a mini hero lap.

Bring on some flakes next week. Kthx ullr.

-Jimi Hendrix