looking for slack angle carbon hardtail

Looking to get some slacker angles on my single speed (2017 felt FRD frame)

Love the feel of some of the Cromag hardtails, but dont like the weight or the price tag of the steel etc.

Looking for http://tantancycling.com/ or other non or off brands options

Hoping to keep it under 1000g , under $1000 CND, and NOT XC angles?

Does this exist?

Kona made a carbon honzo for awhile but you'd have to find a used one. The cannondale scalpel HT has a 67deg hta with a 100mm fork, or 66.xx with 110. Which, actually is slacker than the honzo. Most basic complete scalpel is like 2300usd.

1000g seems extremely light for a slack trail hardtail. That's only a little heavier than something like a cannondale scalpel, which is a decidedly not burly bike. Even something like a yeti ARC is around 1300g (and that's still pretty light).

To put it another way there's absolutely no fucking way I would trust a slack, cheap, very lightweight, no-name Chinese carbon frame.

Not sure if you'll find anything in the $1k range, but a ti frame seems like a better option if you're chasing a light(ish) slack hardtail.

Arc or overforked scalpel probably lightest options.

The Ti option opens up way more options while being pretty light. I’d think something like a Ti RSD Middle Child would be high on my radar if I were looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Not sure if you'll find anything in the $1k range, but a ti frame seems like a better option if you're chasing a light(ish) slack hardtail.
    ^^This. If you like the Chromag geometry, then cut out the middle man and have WaltlyTi build you a titanium version. I did the same when I cracked my gen 1 Nimble9, and it's been bomber doing SS duty for 5 years now with my 200#s aboard.

Ibis DV9? Not exactly slack but maybe relatively so for an XC bike. I'm sorta looking for something sorta similar to do really rugged gravel bike stuff/light trail usage.