Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Very nice NW Skier! Nice to be back and making soft turns I bet!!!

So good it double posted. Nice d00d!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    So good it double posted. Nice d00d!!!

Ha! Indeed it did! I blame tapatalk. No way it's my fault.

Thanks fellas! Definitely have a different level of appreciation to be on skis this year. I will likely not take it for granted going forward. I was having a tough time sitting it out.

Let's hope the spring continues to over deliver and we all get our fill!

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Monday was the first real day on skis this year for me after eating shit on the MTB over Turkey day and missing everything so far this season. Boy, was it good! White Pass definitely delivered! Scored first chair too. Only had to get there an hour before opening to get it too. Praise Ullr!
    Welcome Back! You missed a lousy start and jumped back in for a strong finish. Nice stoke!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Cascadia/WA Pow Farming ‘23/‘24

Monday was the first real day on skis this year for me after eating shit on the MTB over Turkey day and missing everything so far this season. Boy, was it good! White Pass definitely delivered! Scored first chair too. Only had to get there an hour before opening to get it too. Praise Ullr!
    Fuck yeah dude. Sweet pics too.

Definitely have a different level of appreciation to be on skis this year. I will likely not take it for granted going forward. I was having a tough time sitting it out.

rollercoaster day at Crystal

report this AM said 3" and I groaned and contemplated a late start and then remembered "no one ever regrets skipping the snooze button"

815 was only 3 rows deep in b lot, up to Chinook for a very chill line prior to loading by like 840/845ish

straight up REX and took a mostly fun memorial forest back down before heading over to GV

found some semi-fun mostly-meh wind buff on top of the last few days remnants. story of the morning was the absolutely nuking wind (extra fun on the chairs since most people were rocking huge soft skis / sails for the anticipated hot pow)

bunch of GV laps and then went over to FQ for more somewhat-fun mostly meh laps. by 1130 I was hungry and figured I'd bail early and save my legs for tomorrow, another friend had a meeting to get to, third wanted to stay out but just spun some laps for sport

I actually paid for food on the mountain for the first time and was eating a leisurely lunch when someone at the table mentioned that C6 was open. which was surprising given the nuking winds and that the gondola had been closed all day

quick website check revealed it to be true, so I rallied up and met friend from earlier. 20 minutes of chair riding later we skied a super fun shot down the back side of the throne, messed up the traverse back to 6, did 30 side steps for penance and then got one silver basin lap in before it closed

B- morning, A+ afternoon

Cascadia/WA Pow Farming ‘23/‘24

Skied xtal today , drive up was such a breeze I was a little shocked how many people were in line when I got up to the base . A lot of people must have left really early. Shit got tracked up quick and the forecast didn’t quite pan out (warmer and less snow today ) as I’d hoped . Still probably my best day this year . App said sback and right angle were open and neither of them were . Had a lot of deep turns . Oddly around 11 it was as if a bunch of buses had just arrived - all of a sudden Rex and fq were packed ..sback will be tits tomorrow

We gonna get Northway Friday?

They will save it for the weekend right?

Quote Originally Posted by DanKo View Post
    Seems like if it was going to open before Saturday, it would have been today. Who knows.

If anybody is riding Crystal Friday PM me and I will give you my cell. Riding solo while in town for work these last few days. Gonna be fun methinks

Talked to a patroller up there today. Asked him about Northway not opening as he headed for the gondola, and replied that the snowpack was waaaay to sketchy right now to try and open it up. Said that he and his partner ended up "having to bomb their way out of Northway" when they went in for avvy control that morning.

Great skiing otherwise. No pics but 'twas fluffy delight up top turning to mashed potatoes at the bottom as the day wore on. Definitely found the bottom more than a few times, but was skiing harder than normal too.

If anybody is riding Crystal Friday PM me and I will give you my cell. Riding solo while in town for work these last few days. Gonna be fun methinks
    I am solo today too. Pm incoming.

The 3/1 NWAC Snow Climatology table is out now. Wow, what a difference a couple weeks has made! There are now three reporting stations that are actually over the 30 year normal for snow depth (Stampede Pass at 113%, Paradise at 101%, and Mt Hood Meadows at 108%). My recollection is that on 2/15 the range was somewhere under 40 percent (at Hurricane Ridge) to roughly 80 percent of normal. The lowest value now is Hurricane Ridge at 66% (58 inches of snow).
    https://data.nwac.us/CLISNO/clisno.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Seems like if it was going to open before Saturday, it would have been today. Who knows.
    I was happily wrong. It opened and was very good.

Started today sunny and cold. Great groomers and supportive styrofoam off piste. After a lunch break it started dumping, like 2” an hour. Picked up a quick 6+” between 1200 and 1500. Really fun day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    I was happily wrong. It opened and was very good.
    Wow , must have been good . How was today ?

Yeah today was awesome. Two day work trip to Seattle and was taking Friday off to ski regardless. Bullseye. That certainly didn’t suck.

The morning was interesting because it was super light pow sort of variably distributed by the wind on an at times uneven, dense base. Good skiing but not brainless. We started skiing more on the lower mountain and were impressed how good the snow was there - way better than normal, and even better than the upper mtn. Northway was superb. Deep, but right side up, with perfect density and a silky texture. Tried to bail after two runs but EH was closed even though the website said open. Skied a short lap to a hilariously long Northway chair line. It was absolutely puking snow from like 1pm onwards including when we left later in the day. It started good and ended great. I feel very happy.

today was excellent despite the lack of southback

got some excellent first tracks in double 00s to start the AM, hiked the throne until the wind made my face numb

the benefit of the raging n wind was that it kept buffing most of the north facing stuff off c6 so it skied great

we were talking about bailing around 1 when we got word northway was open so rallied there asap, missed first tracks but the hike to morning glory still held plenty of goods, found some fun cliffs on the way down to the longest physical lift line I've ever seen in my life (it went pretty quick though)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 8.09.29 PM.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	434.3 KB 
ID:	488916Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 8.09.39 PM.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	493.2 KB 
ID:	488915

the line was so long it was like impossible to even be mad, it was just funny

squeezed in another northway before it closed. rode kelly's gap out since gv was closed even though it was only 315?

Eastside mags- Colchuck Consignment has some decent winter stuff, but wanted to mention this in particular- 184 v-werks katanas with kingpins and skins(that could use fresh glue perhaps); full setup for something like $375. Also, the end of winter sale is coming up soon…

Gravity always wins...

Thing #2 got firsts into Paradise. Rave reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

First snow fatality of the season reported by nwac

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

How are Stevens Mags feeling about paid parking and reservations for next year? https://blog.stevenspass.com/stevens...update-3-1-24/

Sounds like a bummer for some folks and I’m generally against changes along those lines, but stevens has real issues on big days. Personally I’m not worried because I only get a midweek pass….

Gravity always wins...