Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2295
    Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    Green pants man? I was staying there too. Fellow green pants wearer, think we were at the same bar yesterday. Could have had a whole mini bbi yesterday at SB sounds like

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk
    We should have all hooked up. I'd imagine that I was skiing the Palisades at the same time as you on Sunday. Yellow jacket, green pants. Good times.

Any season pass gets a day ticket at Bear Valley through Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Eastside View Post
    Did you go back and look and its gone?
    I did... about 1.5 hrs later. but there were people behind me. so thinking they grabbed it.

Any notice the parking was sold out in the first minute or so today? Had not run into that problem before. Something up this weekend?

Also, if anyone wants to grab a brewski at Palisades Saturday i'm down. Would be good to meet some local skiers for once.

Silverado, let's go!

Snowed most of the afternoon but when the sun popped out, it was sublime.

https://youtube.com/shorts/oMbBIouLA...2c0oaDegFLdOQs

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Any notice the parking was sold out in the first minute or so today? Had not run into that problem before. Something up this weekend?

Also, if anyone wants to grab a brewski at Palisades Saturday i'm down. Would be good to meet some local skiers for once.
    I’ll be at alpine with the family this weekend.

Does this mean they fixed the lift tower that last year’s snowpack allegedly bent? Or was that fake news and it’s just the typical money hold? Or is Silvi running this week’s 8000 feet of pow hype?

Janky, is it actually a go??? I haven't been or looked at the app since last Thurs. I'll be there this afternoon. I hear yesterday was a sleeper pow day. I was stuck working my "real" job,

Quote Originally Posted by mandudebro View Post
    Does this mean they fixed the lift tower that last year’s snowpack allegedly bent? Or was that fake news and it’s just the typical money hold? Or is Silvi running this week’s 8000 feet of pow hype?
    Wouldn't we all like to know. I have flat-out heard that it will not go this year, but who knows. Patrol has been back there "working", but they're always back there "working." When I initially joked that it was on financial hold I was told that the lower area was too thin. Now, I've heard that there's plenty of snow, but patrol doesn't seem to know if it'll go. At this point in the season I do think there's a financial component to whether it's worth it or not. That said, they're selling passes again and prices went up. Maybe there's some motivation to get the hype train rolling with new terrain.

On that note, I wonder what the breaking point on pass pricing is for the guy that only skis a few times per year. I think it's hovering around $1200 for a full Ikon next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Kirkwood was excellent today with the .5” they received. Wind buff and even some face shots where the snow blew in. And dead quiet.
    Was really good yesterday. Unfortunately only 3 dozen people there to enjoy it.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Fly out tomorrow to Reno. Land at 1 then headed to moment for a bit before driving out to heavenly. How have the roads been?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaSnow View Post
    Fly out tomorrow to Reno. Land at 1 then headed to moment for a bit before driving out to heavenly. How have the roads been?
    You might die, like a sheet of ice

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaSnow View Post
    Nothing to talk about currently. You can look at the NVroads app (Nevada511) and see if there are any controls/conditions. Shows the CA roads too.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

If Silvy is open Saturday morning, you'll find me there first thing lapping Hanging Gardens. Praying the East wind doesn't blow all the snow to Auburn.

PT 07/02, Kirkwood 05/12, Heavenly 05/05

https://www.onthesnow.com/lake-tahoe/projected-closing

On another front...

Carson City has a deal for hikers: Trek from the Nevada state capital west through the mountains to a link-up with the Pacific Crest Trail in Lake Tahoe, and then complete the 1,600-mile mountain walk north to the Canadian border, and you could earn $5,000.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/tahoe/ar...y-18890857.php
    The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Nothing to talk about currently. You can look at the NVroads app (Nevada511) and see if there are any controls/conditions. Shows the CA roads too.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    thank you for that. Super helpful. Shows and hour atm with no advisories. Nice.

Skiing wasn't bad this morning either. A few inches of slabby new snow on a smooth base.

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    PT 07/02, Kirkwood 05/12, Heavenly 05/05

https://www.onthesnow.com/lake-tahoe/projected-closing

On another front...

Carson City has a deal for hikers: Trek from the Nevada state capital west through the mountains to a link-up with the Pacific Crest Trail in Lake Tahoe, and then complete the 1,600-mile mountain walk north to the Canadian border, and you could earn $5,000.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/tahoe/ar...y-18890857.php
    $5k ...lol

PTOV was RIPPING today!!!! Windblown pow/buff goodness everywhere. Palisades, Mainline, Granite Peak all a go. Tomorrow should be most excellent if the wind stays in check.

Silverado is spinning. But will it open…..?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    PTOV was RIPPING today!!!!
    Absolutely glorious day.
    Still waiting...

I concur. Schralpine Ghettos was really really great today! Definitely a sleeper day.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Has Silverado always been a shitshow or is this relatively new?
    I was lucky enough to get it last yr after 2'+. Staggered multi day lift openings and it was the last one to go. The terrain off that chair is so damn fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Has Silverado always been a shitshow or is this relatively new?
    I was lucky enough to get it last yr after 2'+. Staggered multi day lift openings and it was the last one to go. The terrain off that chair is so damn fun.
    I don't remember it being so bad in the 90's when it was first opened, maybe bad memory, but certainly the last 10-15 years.

SIGNAL PEAK RIPPERS?

Anyone here out ripping it on Signal Peak today? 2 skiers, 1 boarder. Got you on video if so.

Went out today with some friends to Signal Peak and above Fordyce Lake. We hit about 6" of perfectly fresh snow and racked up about 45 miles. Might be one of the most fun days on snow all season.

First time on a Timbersled for me. I was blown away by the maneuverability & simplicity of side-hilling and the complete lack of stucks.
    Thanks to Craig @TahoeSnowBikeRental.com for donating a ride to a non-profit auction. If you have been thinking about this, it is a must-try.

Drop me a DM if you were out there riding, I'll get the video to you. https://photos.app.goo.gl/kYRgMzMRoUsjniy27Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7947.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	490443
    live the life.