Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    +12 in banff right now.

Fat biking sucks.

Odds are hill is in excellent spring conditions

Marchuary ...
    Rain squalls and high winds today. Half the mtn was shut down by 1-2ish. Lots of brown snow/ Christmas trees and gravel in them slopes at Ssv….in need of a refresh….

I had a good Saturday at kimberley but it was changing to spring by the end of the day and raining on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Going to Eaglepass w/e of 23rd March. Any good riders interested in filling a private send me a DM

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    Going to Eaglepass w/e of 23rd March. Any good riders interested in filling a private send me a DM

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    prices, dates, group size, etc?

banff town cooled down to +10 overnight. On the plus side the mnt bike trails might be good soon?

banff town cooled down to +10 overnight. On the plus side the mnt bike trails might be good soon?
    Bike trails in Harvie Heights are currently 8 inches of ice with flowing water on them

prices, dates, group size, etc?
    2 days - 23/24 March, CAD1800 per day heli package + CAD420 additional runs package. We are 3 strong riders and looking for a 4th.

It warmed up to 13 in town over night and got crazy windy. Power was out to Marmot all day with hopes of getting it up tomorrow. It was spring skiing down low on Sunday but the new Knob terrain was fun.

Full on spring skiing across the front side of LL today. Anything not in the direct sun stayed frozen & firm.

Nightmare drive on the Spray today. Headed up to do some Nordic and turned around. It was so gnarly from the ice I could barely stay on the road…apparently lots of cars in the ditch around Engadine lodge and people stranded for the night as they can’t get anyone to help them due to the conditions….conservation officers had bits and pieces closed off by afternoon and were turning people around.

Iciest roads I’ve ever seen…as I was headed back towards Pocatera they had a Grader and 2 plows all chained up headed up dumping huge amounts of gravel on the road….pretty wild

skied Quay today and was MUCH better than expected. Firm, but I've been on WAY worse on "good" years at LL or SSV

If you had to choose between SSV or LL this weekend what's your call.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydski View Post
    If you had to choose between SSV or LL this weekend what's your call.
    Louise

lake is better right meow

Thanks fellow shredders

Louise is full on spring skiing today. 2 inches of fresh mashed potatoes on lower front. Back is doing well with more wintery snow on ice. Tough day on the kids legs. We need cold temps and a solid foot.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Louise is full on spring skiing today. 2 inches of fresh mashed potatoes on lower front. Back is doing well with more wintery snow on ice. Tough day on the kids legs. We need cold temps and a solid foot.
    MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Mashed Potatoes.... Avi Bulletin is saying 5-10cm tonight and cooler temps with some wind. Worth it to head to the Lake? Backcountry does not look very inviting. The kids have been bugging us to have hot chocolate at that Ice bar thing beside glacier chair since it was built. Last week we caved and said yes. Perfect timing I guess. Just looked at LL webcam and looks like it took some damage this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Mashed Potatoes.... Avi Bulletin is saying 5-10cm tonight and cooler temps with some wind. Worth it to head to the Lake? Backcountry does not look very inviting. The kids have been bugging us to have hot chocolate at that Ice bar thing beside glacier chair since it was built. Last week we caved and said yes. Perfect timing I guess. Just looked at LL webcam and looks like it took some damage this week.
    Yeah it is gone! Funny thing when I got married there in 2011 my father in law was a die hard Polar Ice fan. We had it brought in over their house contract brand. He passed away this fall and now Polar ice sponsors louise...go figure.
    My 8 yo is groomers only. If your kids enjoy pow on everything by all means I think it will be good tomorrow. I'm camping at Louise tonight and it is currently snowing/ rain. I'm sure snow at the hill .
    I enjoyed the snow. The 8yo did not.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Yeah it is gone! Funny thing when I got married there in 2011 my father in law was a die hard Polar Ice fan. We had it brought in over their house contract brand. He passed away this fall and now Polar ice sponsors louise...go figure.
    My 8 yo is groomers only. If your kids enjoy pow on everything by all means I think it will be good tomorrow. I'm camping at Louise tonight and it is currently snowing/ rain. I'm sure snow at the hill .
    I enjoyed the snow. The 8yo did not.
    Sorry about the Father in Law.

Thanks for the real time report.

Upslope... Nakiska for the win 15cm

Doing the Wapta traverse in early April. Anyone care to offer beta / advice / stoke? Thx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Doing the Wapta traverse in early April. Anyone care to offer beta / advice / stoke? Thx in advance.
    its a lovely walk with skis on your feet. Limited skiing, but amazing views.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    bump
    Pm sent

Headed to GAH Sunrise 2/16-23.

Looks like a warm and dry season so far in the Canadian Rockies. Hoping y’all get some snow and it looks like this again soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Pretty straightforward really, go for Vulture Col and plan your Balfour high col ascent and then final day exit wisely!

Yo AP, its easy to get your huts mixed up eh so heres a great video on the Wapta

and remember to stand tall
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know