Check Out Our Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Idk, he was good but he was no schwimmer

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    man had some demons but kept trying to fight back, i choose to remember that. we all do to some extent, you are either fighting it, hiding it or falling for it.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    Da dum ching.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    man had some demons but kept trying to fight back, i choose to remember that. we all do to some extent, you are either fighting it, hiding it or falling for it.

RIP
    RIP indeed. The struggle is real. His outcome was jarring (at least to me personally). I commend the man for an enlightened outlook and, despite his challenges, trying to help the similarly afflicted. The world needs more of that.

Man, Matthew Perry outwardly seemed to have everything handed to him on a silver plate. He had a fairly privileged childhood and then landed a job on one of the most successful sitcoms ever when he was in his mid-20s. It just goes to show you what a monkey around your neck addiction can be. It can take down anyone. I didn't realize the amount of effort he put into helping other addicts.

15 rehab stints and an estimated $7mm invested in getting sober. He helped a lot of people in LA get sober from what I understand. Was a ranked jr tennis player at 14. Tired and lonely heart is my hopeful guess, for the sake of how we remember his battle with addiction. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Wife read something that he'd had 65 stints in rehab. Seems like a lot.
    65 times in detox is what they just said on ABC WNT..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    15 rehab stints and an estimated $7mm invested in getting sober. He helped a lot of people in LA get sober from what I understand. Was a ranked jr tennis player at 14. Tired and lonely heart is my hopeful guess, for the sake of how we remember his battle with addiction. RIP.
    He played pickleball the day he died. There's a joke in there somewhere but I'll leave that to the collective to format..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    65 times in detox is what they just said on ABC WNT..
    6000 AA meetings.

I’m dealing with a person right now, was up for 48 hrs last week after they called me. Ended up in ER. Fucking terrible disease. Hard to help anyome.

Vibes to any with that struggle.

There was a young lady I met through the Volly FD.

We brought her back from overdose after overdose.

Couldn't get her the last time. She passed in a muddy tent in a lot between the library and the town hall.

She always treated us with gratitude and respect. Not everyone does.

I couldn't get myself to go to her memorial vigil at the library. I wanted to, but couldn't.

She was a mother and a daughter and a friend to everyone.

Addiction is a shit disease.

Could this thread be any more sad?

RIP to the celeb that lived it and tried to help others...

And to the character that helped a few people hone their sarcastic tone.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    There was a young lady I met through the Volly FD.

We brought her back from overdose after overdose.

Couldn't get her the last time. She passed in a muddy tent in a lot between the library and the town hall.

She always treated us with gratitude and respect. Not everyone does.

I couldn't get myself to go to her memorial vigil at the library. I wanted to, but couldn't.

She was a mother and a daughter and a friend to everyone.

Addiction is a shit disease.
    Fuck. That's a gut punch. It probably doesn't mean anything coming from me, but thank you for doing a thankless job.

Sad. MP sounds like a great guy that will be missed. This story makes me think of young friend of mine who passed alone in his hot tub at home this summer. Just shy of his 44th bd. A couple people on these boards had the chance to ski with him once or twice at Bachelor and Hoodoo. I remember talking to him about our mortality on the chair lift and him saying that he didn't get to choose but he would almost rather go out suddenly in an unexpected incident. We talked about how the reaper will catch up to everyone eventually even if they live like an angel. I'm glad my friend had his fun.
    My friends dog was named Chandler. Chandler the dog passed away about a week after his human.
    Life is precious. Tell your friends you love them. Hug your dog.

I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.