Page 56 of 98 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2443
    Shot and a beer. Story time.
    Figger since most folks know who my offspring are nowadays mebbe I'll tell some youngster stories.
    When our girl was six, she could make a mean jump turn, and being the guy that opened and closed stuff we had some perks.
    Two people knew when we headed to the Pipeline initially.
    It wasn't slide for life so I opened it and my "partner" and me had first tracks.
    When we skied, two dozen people were observing.
    Two weeks later the big boss told me that he wished I'd come to him before we went there.
    By September god's gift to the ski world, Kristen Elmer, calls me up and says she's gonna write an article for Powder magazine.
    Told her it never happened.
    Uppity says she knows it did and is gonna write about it.
    Hadda call the mag and say this did not happen and not fit for print.
    The way our girl remembers the hush was that I told her if folks asked about the Pipeline to act confused and say that she doesn't surf.
    Most six year olds don't belong on the Twins, let alone skiing Pipeline.
    Doesn't need to be advertised.
    Now she tells the story, but it's hers to tell, eh?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

^^love it. Hemingwayesque.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

TFW, thanks for sharing. Good story. Goniff, Hemingway, really?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    TFW, thanks for sharing. Good story. Goniff, Hemingway, really?
    Hemingway told one story but the main story was hidden, leaving it to the reader's imagination. TFW told the story about how he didn't want the main story revealed in the magazine. The reader is left to imagine it as it is his daughter's story to tell.

all this controversy, if you would just quit giving in to fear and learn the art of skiing to live.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Shot and a beer. Story time.
    Figger since most folks know who my offspring are nowadays mebbe I'll tell some youngster stories.
    When our girl was six, she could make a mean jump turn, and being the guy that opened and closed stuff we had some perks.
    Two people knew when we headed to the Pipeline initially.
    It wasn't slide for life so I opened it and my "partner" and me had first tracks.
    When we skied, two dozen people were observing.
    Two weeks later the big boss told me that he wished I'd come to him before we went there.
    By September god's gift to the ski world, Kristen Elmer, calls me up and says she's gonna write an article for Powder magazine.
    Told her it never happened.
    Uppity says she knows it did and is gonna write about it.
    Hadda call the mag and say this did not happen and not fit for print.
    The way our girl remembers the hush was that I told her if folks asked about the Pipeline to act confused and say that she doesn't surf.
    Most six year olds don't belong on the Twins, let alone skiing Pipeline.
    Doesn't need to be advertised.
    Now she tells the story, but it's hers to tell, eh?
    Good one Jimmy. I recall running into you and John on the West Twin when he was about 8 years old. You both had already been up Superior that morning.
    And Queen "Elmer!" Stories within stories indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    all this controversy, if you would just quit giving in to fear and learn the art of skiing to live.
    Someone read the book 😂

Jimmy, thanks for every story you share. Pretty cool when your family secrets include surreptitiously skiing runs at 6!

To those with the Alta + Ikon Base

Do we get days at Snowbird? Could've sworn it said they weren't included when purchased but my Ikon account is showing 5 days

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 9.49.22 AM.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	582.7 KB 
ID:	485120

Yeah, 5 Bird Days on IKON Base.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Yeah, 5 Bird Days on IKON Base.
    Going in reverse...I have Snowbird pass + the ~$350 ikon adder, and unfortunately it did not include Alta days. You do get a free Alta day with the Wasatch benefits.

I know there are insiders on this page who know more, but my understanding is that if you bought the Ikon add-on with your Alta pass it does NOT give access to Snowbird. I looked into this last year when I bought my Alta pass, if it was clear that Snowbird was included I would have bought it but I think its blacked out. I got one Snowbird day... you can only redeem it Mon-Thurs excluding holidays lol.

No snowbird days if you have Alta + ikon base add on. Except the one day for Wasatch benefit.

Doesn't the Ikon Base pass include 5 days at Snowbird? Or is Alta selling a special Ikon Base that doesn't include Snowbird.

Here's the link to the Ikon Base pass resort access page (Snowbird is definitely listed):
    https://www.ikonpass.com/en/shop-passes/ikon-base-pass
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

And on the topic of lift tickets, does anybody in SLC still sell discount Tix to Alta. Checked Sportsden and Lift House websites and Alta discounts are not offered by either store.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    And on the topic of lift tickets, does anybody in SLC still sell discount Tix to Alta. Checked Sportsden and Lift House websites and Alta discounts are not offered by either store.
    I was thinking of pooling together and offering the dood posting here 5 hundo for the powder card. I don't think he'll get close to the $950 asking price around here. Surely 10 days would be used up by mags' f&f.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Doesn't the Ikon Base pass include 5 days at Snowbird? Or is Alta selling a special Ikon Base that doesn't include Snowbird.

Here's the link to the Ikon Base pass resort access page (Snowbird is definitely listed):
    https://www.ikonpass.com/en/shop-passes/ikon-base-pass
    Its a special discounted version; you can't do the bonus add on w Jackson/Sun Valley/Aspen and when buying, it indicates that you dont get Snowbird days.

That said, Snowbird is definitely listed on my logged in profile page as accessibile 5 days w blackouts.

I assume it's an extremely automated system so I'd be somewhat surprised if it didn't end up working.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sounds like you should delete your posts and go ski the Bird

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I was thinking of pooling together and offering the dood posting here 5 hundo for the powder card. I don't think he'll get close to the $950 asking price around here. Surely 10 days would be used up by mags' f&f.
    I was trying to get some people together to buy this too, let me know if you do, I’d be in for a couple days!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mst1228 View Post
    I was trying to get some people together to buy this too, let me know if you do, I’d be in for a couple days!

Same. I just wanna ski with all the cool Alta mags

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Same. I just wanna ski with all the cool Alta mags
    Get in line, son.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by mst1228 View Post

I’m in man

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaaarrrp View Post
    Its a special discounted version; you can't do the bonus add on w Jackson/Sun Valley/Aspen and when buying, it indicates that you dont get Snowbird days.

That said, Snowbird is definitely listed on my logged in profile page as accessibile 5 days w blackouts.

I assume it's an extremely automated system so I'd be somewhat surprised if it didn't end up working.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Yeah.... you're right about the systems being automated. Either the system is registering an "Ikon base" pass and not taking into account that it was bought at Alta and shouldn't include the Snowbird days... OR.... the system isn't that smart overall and it's actually an Ikon base pass with snowbird access. Either way, I'd try it. Worst that could happen is they say the pass doesn't work and they send you to the ticket office. (But I'd be willing to bet that it works because I'm assuming their fulfillment systems aren't that smart...).

Slow sliding is fun, even on small mountains.

Bird with iKon add. Mine lists bird days, but NOT Alta days. I'll try and ski through bird today on the iKon accidentally, for science.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.