Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240122_204202_Samsung Internet.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	169.7 KB 
ID:	484527
    yepper

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    jfc, i have one day on snow
    Vibes man. Hope you got that chainsaw running right and were able the clean up and that none of those trees hit anything important.

Don’t be feeling too left out though. I think many of us that are able to ski only have one day on snow too. I got a day on dirt, and a a day on ice, and a day in the rocks, and a day on wind-buff and not even the light fun kind. Today we get to water ski!!

My boy said his ski goal this year was to grind. Embrace the suck and find fun and achievement in the doing. He picked a prophetic goal this year and we are going along for the ride. “A bad day of skiing is still better than a good day at the office,” WM

Brake out the Frog Togs and let’s get some slush!

Oregon ‘23-‘24 El Niño Schralpadelic Rumble Thread

Saw is rolling again and helped me clear up the trails & road in our neighborhood. You guys got me back in the saddle quickly, thanks again!

Name:	Image1706363503.021060.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	484545

I considered a pvc ski day but I promised my brother I’d measure his house so I’m gonna do that on a soaker weekend instead of missing a decent ski day

I’ll be thinking of y’all

Name:	Image1706363248.502896.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	484543

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Saw is rolling again and helped me clear up the trails & road in our neighborhood. You guys got me back in the saddle quickly, thanks again!

Name:	Image1706363503.021060.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	484545

I considered a pvc ski day but I promised my brother I’d measure his house so I’m gonna do that on a soaker weekend instead of missing a decent ski day

I’ll be thinking of y’all

Name:	Image1706363248.502896.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	484543
    I have that same Carhartt "Pleather" jacket.
    yepper

A lot of y’all have been here a lot longer than me, what happens when you get 2 inches of rain? It was 41 and raining hard in the parking lot when I left MTB at 1:30 PM. Seems the glass is half full crowd says it will consolidate the base and refreeze. Seems the realist in me watches a lot of snow turn into a lot less snow and thinks there’s no way that’s good. Not to mention it might not refreeze anytime soon. I guess it’s like April in February with shorter days? Fuck if I know, but it seems like a mess. Off piste was like paper mache.

Epic pond skim day at SchmooDoo

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Lake Doo that's fukd up. Cooling off end of next week. Back to loud powder.
    yepper

Coming to ride bachelor sat-mon. Excited for exciting conditions.

Sent from my CPH2417 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    A lot of y’all have been here a lot longer than me, what happens when you get 2 inches of rain? It was 41 and raining hard in the parking lot when I left MTB at 1:30 PM. Seems the glass is half full crowd says it will consolidate the base and refreeze. Seems the realist in me watches a lot of snow turn into a lot less snow and thinks there’s no way that’s good. Not to mention it might not refreeze anytime soon. I guess it’s like April in February with shorter days? Fuck if I know, but it seems like a mess. Off piste was like paper mache.
    Think of it this way, it’ll look like less snow but will be considerably more consolidated. 40f and rain isn’t a very good combination to melt snow. The midwinter snowpack can absorb a lot of water.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Good for the base, makes our spring season longer and deeper

Looks like there’s some more snow coming toward end of this coming week. Should bond well with the schmoo-ice we have now.

Forecast sez falling temps and snow Wednesday-Friday. Hopefully the snow will bond well to the schmoo-slush before the snowpack freezes solid

Looks like Hood, at least the lowest elevations, will be Thurs when things start to turn, also seems like a gradual falling of temps and transition to snow.

Just working off memory, we seem to get a heavy dose of the Pinapple Juice every year on the snowpack and we also seem to get some deep light days every year into spring. Don’t worry about it our new friend. If it seems like a mess then it’s pretty normal.

Yesterday, the skiing was a hell of a lot of fun at Timberline. Snow felt very spring-like and the weather too, just not the sunny kind 🤣

I’m gonna give it a go this afternoon
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Same. thinking of it as Leg Day.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Really nice skiing snow off Multorpor today at Ski Bowl. Very spring like and then very firm on Mt. Hood Lane because of all the salt the race program spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Go was given. Spent a bit of time skiing some corn. Felt like early April. Not bad. The yellow wax worked.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Summit Monday. Get in line early.
    yepper

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Go was given. Spent a bit of time skiing some corn. Felt like early April. Not bad. The yellow wax worked.
    Well above expectations. Super fun

Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    Summit Monday. Get in line early.
    Northwest Monday
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

And it will be a warm, sunny day tomorrow so riders won’t be miserable stuck on it when it breaks.

Awesome day at Mt. A. Spring-like, but what do we expect with the current weather sitch? Really fun. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by donutlynx View Post
    Awesome day at Mt. A. Spring-like, but what do we expect with the current weather sitch? Really fun. Good times.
    Love to hear it. Always appreciate when Siskiyou folks check in.
    "Let's be careful out there."

SLUSH SLUTS!

We got a room at T line and had an awesome water soaked time. Glass half full - we got our bang for our buck staying during a nasty weather weekend because we could duck in and dry off and change and get back out, so we got a ton of skiing in.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Friday, we got three outings:

Noon-3 was soaked schmoo. I had to ride my Big Pink abomination to be able to keep speed.

Bruno was having his dog birthday party, so we took an hour break and gave him a little snuggle.

4-6 was soaked, but the temps were cooling down, so it was a little faster slush.

7-8 the rain let up to a wintery drizzle, and night skiing was awesome fast slush. I rode Oregondead's monoski, and we had a fun time. Then, we got a fire ripping and dried our stuff for a long while. We brought 2 boot driers from home, and the hair dryer in the room was clutch.

Saturday was pouring hot rain till 10am. Then it let up to a cool drizzle the rest of the day, and things shaped up to be pretty great. We got three more outings:

10-1, we put on our civilized 2 skis and swerved around like the Europeans do. X Games was happening, and it was the debut of the first women's ski knucklehuck, so we were all zooted out in our XXXL gear and hyped to be supporting it and riding there with them on the cutting edge of
    ️S T Y L E

My girlfriend, who's still learning to snowboard, came up from the Valley for a day trip to visit us at the lodge, and we ate the buffet and shralped a couple wet laps down the Pine from 2-4.

She left around 7, and we went and closed down Ski Bowl. Things had really cleared up, and it was a nice night! Watched Eileen Gu win the half pipe event at the Ratskeller afterwards.