Page 126 of 144 FirstFirst ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3587
    I will definitely always believe war propaganda. I mean, why would they lie?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    I will definitely always believe war propaganda. I mean, why would they lie?

Weird UNWRA tweet:

https://x.com/UNLazzarini/status/175...254218556?s=20
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Why is it weird?

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Why is it weird?
    Well to me it sounded like they were trying to maintain dignity after getting their pants pulled down.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Well to me it sounded like they were trying to maintain dignity after getting their pants pulled down.
    UNRWA. Dignity. Hilarious.

They're trying to continue the fiction that Hamas put billions of dollars of aid money into building hundreds of miles of tunnels but somehow no one on the ground ever knew anything about it. It was all done at night very quietly...

And the fact that their employees are largely Hamas supporters also somehow escaped their notice, despite Israel telling them repeatedly about this fact (which they already knew, of course, but either supported or simply ignored). Fuck UNWRA. Without them there would be no more refugee issue--UNRWA is responsible for maintaining, uniquely in the world, this problem, because having a permanent refugee class is convenient for the anti-Israel set.

How the UN maintains any credibility, after facilitating and effectively providing Hamas with everything it needed to create its military infrastructure, is beyond me, except that anti-Israel sentiment trumps everything, every time. So fucked.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    yeah. and also true if you point out that Israel has occupied territory and set up its own military law in those regions since 1967 despite the territory being an admitted state to the UN by about 2/3s of nations.

it’s an extremely ugly situation in which both sides have agency to make disgusting choices.
    Sure, but both sides aren't the same. You can talk about the situation since 1967, but what led to 1967, what did the Palestinians decide before that (starting with partition and even before), and how many times following that did Palestinian leadership blow everything up? There's a good reason Bill Clinton felt betrayed by Arafat when he pulled the rug out on a deal that gave his side 99% of the land and went back to previous tactics.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Gee, I'm so surprised... Fuck the UN
    OK, GL said it more succinctly than I did...
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    I'll go with my gut and stand by my statement. Don't know who I trust less. The Russian Army propaganda or the IDF propaganda. Probably a seed of truth as there is always a seed of truth in the conspiracy theories I've studied. Pictures or it didn't happen is meaningless these days.

I'll go with my gut and stand by my statement. Don't know who I trust less. The Russian Army propaganda or the IDF propaganda. Probably a seed of truth as there is always a seed of truth in the conspiracy theories I've studied. Pictures or it didn't happen is meaningless these days.
    IDF is not the same as the Russians, and if you have verifiable evidence then I don't understand what role your gut should play in evaluating what's true. What do you not believe, and why?

Edit: reread, and it's crazy to call those reports war propaganda. UNRWA didn't even contest Israel's (proven) allegations b/c Israel had them dead to rights--provided definitive evidence. Why would you disbelieve it? UNRWA is notorious for employing Hamas and it sympathizers. It makes perfect sense at least some of the Hamas people employed by UNRWA would be involved (and I'm sure there are plenty more, these are just the ones we know about that Israel has the best evidence on). If you're trying to make someone out to be like the Russians you've found them--it's UNRWA. They're just desperately trying to maintain their role now that everyone in the world knows who they're in bed with.
    [quote][//quote]

Phillippe Lazzarini, UNRWA head, soft peddling the fact that Hamas exists within UNRWA:

“Our employees are part of the social fabric of Gaza and its ecosystem. And as part of the social fabric in Gaza, you have also Hamas.”

From today's NYT.

Of course he doesn't mention UNRWA's funding of anti-semitic, anti-Israel 'education' in Gaza's schools, nor UNRWA complicity in allowing Hamas access to its sites to build infrastructure. And does anyone believe that when Hamas fighters (who are sometimes one and the same as its emoloyees) receive aid that UNRWA is clueless about who they're supporting? It's a joke.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    IDF is not the same as the Russians, and if you have verifiable evidence then I don't understand what role your gut should play in evaluating what's true. What do you not believe, and why?

Edit: reread, and it's crazy to call those reports war propaganda. UNRWA didn't even contest Israel's (proven) allegations b/c Israel had them dead to rights--provided definitive evidence. Why would you disbelieve it? UNRWA is notorious for employing Hamas and it sympathizers. It makes perfect sense at least some of the Hamas people employed by UNRWA would be involved (and I'm sure there are plenty more, these are just the ones we know about that Israel has the best evidence on). If you're trying to make someone out to be like the Russians you've found them--it's UNRWA. They're just desperately trying to maintain their role now that everyone in the world knows who they're in bed with.
    Cisco's gut probably says "don't trust the jewwwwwwws"
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I stopped trusting the Israeli gov after they bombed the USS Liberty. And I trust wartime propaganda even less. War time newspaper said my dad was shot twice but he wasn't shot twice. But shrapnel in the buttox wasn't a good story. You guys keep thinking the world is black or white. I'll continue to be skeptical.

I stopped trusting the Israeli gov after they bombed the USS Liberty.
    Now that's the type of antisemetic dog whistle I expect from ya. Kudos! A one off friendly fire incident from almost 50 years ago involving confusion about our spy ship in a war zone at a time where US and Israel were not exactly close buddies, "and I hated the sneaky jewwwwwwwwwws ever since."

But hey we'll just overlook all the many times Palestinian terrorists have intentionally killed Americans, including right now, ammiright? Those are the guys we should support!

Look sweetheart. You really don't know anything about me. Let me help you. I'm from NY. Worked 15 years in the 90% Jewish run garment district. The Mobsters in no-show jobs and running protection rackets was another 5%. I have/had more close Jewish friends than you unless you are Jewish. I've been to more bar mitzvahs than my Jew golf partner. Please don't confuse my feelings about the Bibi war time government with how I feel about Jews.

And I think killing and maiming 100k mostly women and children is a war crime.
    Last edited by Cisco Kid; 02-12-2024 at 12:18 PM.

"Oh no no! I KNOW the jewwwwwwwws! I have jewww friends! That validates my opinions! I just hate Israel!"

is this mocking really helping your cause?

No. I'm having a bad day and shouldn't post in polyass today. sorry /out

Let him go, he's on a CE roll.

And I think killing and maiming 100k mostly women and children is a war crime.

That's a Hamas number bro.

No doubt your vast military training [or at least a lifetime of research of Israel's many crimes] has made you familiar with Islamic funerary rites, as they are rather specific.

Can you please link to the mountain of satellite imagery showing the 100,000 new graves in Gaza?

TIA

Pics or it didn't happen. Cool bro. After a month of bouncing the rubble, and it's still unsearched rubble, what is your guess on the number of dead? Multiply that by 20 to get the number of wounded. So what's your number? We could play the "Guess the elephants weight" game if we had enough guesses.

Israel has a right to defend itself, and to rid itself of internal threats. When ive been questioned about how many civilian casualties are acceptable in Israels campaign to rid itself of hamas, ive had a tough time answering because it really is a tough line to draw. But, i think that line was crossed a while back. The sheer amount of continued largescale bombing that knowingly kills civilians is unnecessary and tactically lazy at this point, and can only be justified by a belief that ALL those being killed in some way deserve it. It has gone past the point of tactical, and is now firmly in the realm of belligerent bordering on spiteful. Israeli leaders have lost the plot. There doesnt need to be a ceasefire, or even an opening of borders, but there does need to be atleast a single fuck given about civilian lives in gaza.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I stopped trusting the Israeli gov after they bombed the USS Liberty. And I trust wartime propaganda even less. War time newspaper said my dad was shot twice but he wasn't shot twice. But shrapnel in the buttox wasn't a good story. You guys keep thinking the world is black or white. I'll continue to be skeptical.
    While scepticism can be healthy, it also can give way to denial of reality. Reading your response reminded me of MAGA fake news rhetoric. I see no compelling reason to disbelieve that UNRWA workers were also Hammas members and some participated in terrorist acts. I also find it unlikely that UNRWA resources have not at times been diverted to Hammas activities. It would actually surprise me if this wasn't widespread. It stands to reason that Hammas would have very intentionally sought positions within an organization so consistent with funding.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I don't disagree with what you say. I just don't agree "Kill them all" as a final solution. Ok, thats hyperbole. Just kill and take away any meaning of life from 90% of the population. Should be fine. Moar hyperbole.

I don't disagree with what you say. I just don't agree "Kill them all" as a final solution. Ok, thats hyperbole. Just kill and take away any meaning of life from 90% of the population. Should be fine. Moar hyperbole.
    What if IDF just destroys all their homes? Is that ok?

Speaking of which, have I missed Israel's announcement of reconstruction funds? And a compensation fund? And a fund for internally displaced persons and refugees? How about food relief? Seems like Israel intends to inflict maximum suffering to guarantee a repeat in 5 or 10 years. The Arab street must be really happy about this, hard to imagine it makes friendly countries more stable.

Pics or it didn't happen. Cool bro. After a month of bouncing the rubble, and it's still unsearched rubble, what is your guess on the number of dead? Multiply that by 20 to get the number of wounded. So what's your number? We could play the "Guess the elephants weight" game if we had enough guesses.
    Sorry to daesh off like that...My number? 100% Hamas fucked off to Allah, to a judgement more severe than He might see bestowed upon the common run of thieves, murderers, and ass bandits that make so much of the quotidian work of Heaven.

And you're right - imagery like 100000 new graves showing up in Keyhole or Eurobird or Google imagery of Gaza would be too goddamned juicy not to be splattered all over the world's media.
    Yet it's not. Perhaps because it does not exist?