Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Antero 2+ Small Tall Interest Check

Hey all, was talking to micol about sizing on a small tall antero 2+ and he offered to do a limited run of them if there was enough interest. General info about this
    - Antero 2+ jacket (micol can you comment of fabric options? can't find the specifics you mentioned), need 6 interested buyers
    - Red/black/blue/dark gray/light gray (cloud) color options
    - Small pattern changes possible, can alter dimensions if wanted but can't add a pocket or anything
    - ETA would be around Thanksgiving, so should be in time for upcoming season
    - Discount since it's not speculative inventory
    Any questions let me or micol know, drop a reply if interested
    believe small tall is 2 inches longer overall but pattern can be tweaked if needed
    cheers

If this is for the Antero 2 Plus (non-insulated hardshell), I'm in. The small size was a little short for me, so I've been waiting for small tall for a while.

Starting a list for others to add to:

SorryBro: Cloud Gray, Small Tall

too many seasons without it and I moved on, but if you need one more to make it happen, twist my arm

Name:  6494ac8e-e8ab-4b44-9659-6b54df046a21_text.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  56.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    If this is for the Antero 2 Plus (non-insulated hardshell), I'm in. The small size was a little short for me, so I've been waiting for small tall for a while.

Starting a list for others to add to:

SorryBro: Cloud Gray, Small Tall
    yep this is the 2+, non insulated. micol also mentioned something about having lighterweight fabric but couldn't remember what exactly he said so that may be an option as well but waiting on him to confirm or deny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested... Do you know approx weight? (Didnt see on the FRS site, but its pretty minimalist/light correct?)
    Also, what are your dems (ht/weight) if you don't mind? I've wanted an FRS and need a new BC shell, but never tried one on.
    Thx!

I weighed mine a while ago but forget, website says 475g for large antero 3 and I remember mine being a little over a pound? Or around there
    I'm 5'9" and 150lbs, small fits but would like a little longer - some of my midlayers are longer than the jacket so not ideal

I dont have any Small Talls sewn on hand for weight. I could compute the yield of main body fabric but it will not provide zippers, grommets, cord, cordlocks , 2nd, 3rd fabrics (hidden from eye) etc etc....so that would not work on piece by piece basis. There are some small talls out there in mags hands. maybe they will see the thread. we dont usually keep if ever keep or retain data on buyers other than their order. So, we are unable to match screen names with customers. (exception is wrgs latest hoodie form) I just don't believe in creepy marketing and data collection.....so i cant call the past small tall buyers into this thread.

Fabric....
    We have several very light denier colorful polartec neoshell fabrics right now. This weight is equal to or even less weight in some cases than previous FRS LTE version jackets. (mentioned here: https://www.freeridesystems.com/jack...nd-comparisons)

We have more dark subdued grays and black colorways as we work our way up our neoshell on hand weight scale towards the heaviest hardshell version. In past A2+ those heavier versions were typically found in the ice blue and green fabric colorways. Also I believe cloud was a heavy denier at the top of the hardshell weight scale. But, all still considerably lighter than the A2 hybrid hardshell softshell fabrics with their thin interior gridded fleece layer.

Thanks NN for leading this up. Welcome to cat herding....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

thanks micol. for the fabrics, would you recommend grays/black for a resort shell and lighter for backcountry? Or would the lighter fabrics be fine for anything

Thanks both for the info and heads up… small/tall gonna be too small for me (even for streamline fit)

I think either weight will work in the backcountry. It will just depend on each person's specific circumstances and preferences. I do not think the heaviest is that heavy. I think the only time either will not be preferred is in skimo circumstances
    www.freeridesystems.com

tang we are about a week out from populating our website with 2023-24 jackets of which there are additional sizes
    www.freeridesystems.com

bumping to see if anybody else is interest or know anybody interested, need a few more to make it happen

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearNachos21 View Post
    bumping to see if anybody else is interest or know anybody interested, need a few more to make it happen

Any idea on price? I don’t necessarily need another shell but have heard good things from mags on the east coast I use to ski with.

not sure on exact price, any estimate [mention]Micol [/mention]?

sorry for delay. i thought i was subscribed to this thread but along with my pm and other subs notifications must be going to spam.... I would say based on past projects like this one everyone would be looking at about a 35% discount from msrp since it is not speculative gambling and we don't have to inventory and store them for eCommerce
    www.freeridesystems.com

I might be up for a small tall. Have A2 and A2+ in medium. Would SmTall body and sleeve length be about the same as Medium?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Very very interested

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by charlesj View Post
    I might be up for a small tall. Have A2 and A2+ in medium. Would SmTall body and sleeve length be about the same as Medium?

yes
    www.freeridesystems.com

thanks for the info micol
    right now looks like the list is
    myself
    sorrybro - cloud gray
    caulfield (possibly)
    charlesj
    tgapp

^ welcome. i think that is enough to justify cutting. if we pick up anyone else while we are getting colors worked out, we can add them in. I will see what fabric is left in production facility . The rest of our stock is warehoused and not available at this time as we are trying to complete a thorough inventory.

Can charlesJ give us a measurement from center of back of his medium to end of cuff, and down back from neckline to bottom of jacket? Then i can compare that to the small tall pattern i have on file and tweak.
    www.freeridesystems.com

34” center to cuff
    27” neck to bottom

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    ^ welcome. i think that is enough to justify cutting. if we pick up anyone else while we are getting colors worked out, we can add them in. I will see what fabric is left in production facility . The rest of our stock is warehoused and not available at this time as we are trying to complete a thorough inventory.

Can charlesJ give us a measurement from center of back of his medium to end of cuff, and down back from neckline to bottom of jacket? Then i can compare that to the small tall pattern i have on file and tweak.
    sounds perfect

Quote Originally Posted by charlesj View Post
    34” center to cuff
    27” neck to bottom

Thanks

Can everybody check these against any garments/jackets you own and make sure these work. I will check against patterns in next few days as well
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    Can everybody check these against any garments/jackets you own and make sure these work. I will check against patterns in next few days as well
    my medium outdoor research foray measures 35 cuff to back and 26 neck to bottom so those measurements seem solid

any update micol?