Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

CONSPIRACY: Bees went away for years, now they're back & pissed. WTF?

What the fuck is going on with all the bees? They're stinging the fuck out of people here in Colorado.

Take the wrong step in the woods and you unearth an angry fuckin beehive.

Anyone a scientist?

Birds aren't real

Yea, that’s what Big Honey wants you think so they can jack up prices.

Maybe they’re Yellowjackets? They get pissed off this time of year and sting people for fun.

I'm sick of people calling wasps, bees.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Maybe they’re Yellowjackets? They get pissed off this time of year and sting people for fun.

Yup.

Daughter was stung yesterday and I just unloaded an entire can of poison gas into a Yellowjacket nest in my retaining wall.

Bastards are everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I'm sick of people calling wasps, bees.
    Explain wasps.

Bumble bees took over a corner of our entry veranda this spring and were pretty fucking aggressive about it all summer - one of the fuckers even stung me. It hurt like hell, I thought they were supposed to be chill little critters?

Anyway, they're pollinators so we gave them space because we need to take care of the pollinators but there was definitely a street gang vibe with those little dicks.

Many wasp species are the natural predators of many insects, thus helping to keep pest populations low. Wasps take these unwanted pests from our gardens and parks and bring them back to their nest as a tasty meal for their young. Other species of wasp are parasitic, which still lends us a hand in pest control.

They are normally winged. In stinging species, only the females are provided with a formidable sting, which involves use of a modified ovipositor (egg-laying structure) for piercing and venom-producing glands. Adult wasps may feed on nectar and, in some species, on the secretions produced by larvae.

fact.

It’s because vw stopped making beetles and the astrodome is closed. Now there’s no way to keep the bees in check and they know it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4175.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	308.3 KB 
ID:	469137
    Last edited by mcski; 09-06-2023 at 11:19 AM.

Everything you need to know is covered in this handy guide to all things bees and wasps.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...nderground+bee
    I still call it The Jake.

I have the friendliest bees ever in my yard. I can stand in the middle of the berry patch with hundreds of them grooving on all the flowers. There'll be dozens fast asleep on leaves and in the middle of flowers in the wildflower bed. I can pick them up, they rest on my hands, it's the coolest shit. They're so satisfied and well fed they're nearly harmless.

I accidentally dug up a yellow jacket nest with the excavator last week. I'm glad I wasn't the bucket the whole nest swarmed it while I calmly walked away. Last year I got stung 6 times. This year, knock on wood, not yet. Fuckers are aggressive and attack even if you aren't doing shit. Honey bees are a different story, they don't bother me one bit, they do their thing, I do mine, we can be in the same place and all is well.

Yellowjackets are really bad this year, I can hear the woods behind my house buzzing with them. They say any year with a good Humpy (pink salmon) run will be a bad year for yellowjackets, It's proving to be true.

The best is when you get stung by a yellow jacket in the fall. Later in the year is when they go for the fat and protein in dead animals and shit. Kind of like a bacterial injection.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I have the friendliest bees ever in my yard. I can stand in the middle of the berry patch with hundreds of them grooving on all the flowers. There'll be dozens fast asleep on leaves and in the middle of flowers in the wildflower bed. I can pick them up, they rest on my hands, it's the coolest shit. They're so satisfied and well fed they're nearly harmless.
    We try to encourage bees by planting stuff they like. I never see honeybees. I see some bumblebees. I love bees.

Wasps and hornets and yellow jackets can fuck right off and do the beneficial part of their program where I don't have to know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    I accidentally dug up a yellow jacket nest with the excavator last week. I'm glad I wasn't the bucket the whole nest swarmed it while I calmly walked away. Last year I got stung 6 times. This year, knock on wood, not yet. Fuckers are aggressive and attack even if you aren't doing shit. Honey bees are a different story, they don't bother me one bit, they do their thing, I do mine, we can be in the same place and all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    What the fuck is going on with all the bees? They're stinging the fuck out of people here in Colorado.

Take the wrong step in the woods and you unearth an angry fuckin beehive.

Anyone a scientist?
    Bees aren’t real
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

they’re the bees knees

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    X2

We have a ton of mint plants around our yard this year, more than I can possibly ever harvest so I just left large patches alone. They have late-blooming flowers that have just been swarmed by every type of bee, wasp, and winged pollinator.

I’ll just be chilling next to a patch with a post-work beer and watch them go. Fuckers love that shit and pay no mind to me. Feels like some kind of truce between man and bee.

Grew up with the world renowned authority on bees he brought a colony of africanized bees to the upstates that didn't go over well with the federal government we had hundreds of hives growing up hundreds

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    I still call it The Jake.

Definitely do not compare bees to yellowjackets. Bees are cool, yellowjackets are mean bastards (and wasps rather than bees).

Quote Originally Posted by Meconium View Post
    The best is when you get stung by a yellow jacket in the fall. Later in the year is when they go for the fat and protein in dead animals and shit. Kind of like a bacterial injection.
    I never really thought of passing on bacteria this time of year but that makes sense. I just upset a yellow jacket nest a few days ago on a hike and the stings are still driving me nuts with one looking possibly infected.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    I never really thought of passing on bacteria this time of year but that makes sense. I just upset a yellow jacket nest a few days ago on a hike and the stings are still driving me nuts with one looking possibly infected.
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Solution to problem.