Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    I will have a Men's Small available soon.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I will have a Men's Small available soon.
    Interested in a trade for a Medium in Dune? Otherwise I'll sell it to BC.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

YOOOOO

Just received mine this week and it is SSSAAAAAWWWWWHEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!
    Bless to the Freeridesystems Fam and bringing functional treats to the scene
    #BLESS

I have a lavender women's medium. Looking to trade for a small women's (any color). Its pretty awesome, just a little too big for my 5'3" wife.

At 6'5", 200lbs I thought large tall would fit. It is pretty big and baggy, would likely fit well on someone who is 6'8" 250lbs. On the off chance anyone wants to trade a medium tall, let me know.

sorry boyz...forgive me.....been travlin and still on road.....i kno box full but i couldnt begin to repsond as most of time im using phone....it loogs like wrg is handling everything well

so glad ppl are liking. i understand the sizing comments.. we used the exact same pattern as every other bross we have made...the talls obviously we added some lengths to the standard size patterns.....

the way womens are made from technical pattern making standpoint is we start with say a mens small then taper the sides and that is a womans medium

Quote Originally Posted by mr walker View Post
    Intended use can make sizing tricky. Some people may buy these for a snug fit to wear while they skin up under the lift. Others want a looser fit to wear while crushing beers at the bar. Both of those people might be 5'10" 165lbs, but a medium might not fit best for their specific use.

I'm right in between medium and large in almost everything, and an FRS medium has consistently fit me.
    so thanks mr walker for covering this and wrg in another post after....everybody has a different idea for their preferred fit.....this is why we have this thread to discuss and hash out as much of the unknowns as possible....still some peeps are going to slip thru....but then we expect everyone to trade around to work out some of the misses....frs and wrg and me are always available thru this thread and our help@ email addy or contact form on our website .....

ftr: when we sell jackets we are one of the few companies that has a human customer svc rep contact every buyer and send them a sizing quesitonaire and go over it unless they tell us they feel they made the correct choice....we used this thread to eliminate those contacts...plus everyone gets the benefit of hearing a bunch of perspectives from dif size mags.... size and height is 1/20th of our sizing questionaire...so this is why you can have 2 ppl same height and weight have a dif result with same size....torso length, pants inseam, height, weight , dress shirt sleeve length, waist, chest, etc etc so much more than just height and weight...but thats why this thread is really a better tool for access to more real life testimonies to dial in fit....

ftr: i can wear a med tall, large or xl and like every one of those fits...it just depends on my use and desired fit

Quote Originally Posted by brezel View Post
    Any particular washing/drying instructions on these?
    wrg posted a good one straight from polartec site....

wrg please add that whole wash thing to page 1 !
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

6’2 190, for me
    M Tall is next to skin
    L Tall is ski layer over a thin base layer

L Tall seems a bit big overall but replacing patty XL R1, or in rotation with based on temp. happy with both. thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post
    I have a lavender women's medium. Looking to trade for a small women's (any color). Its pretty awesome, just a little too big for my 5'3" wife.
    I don’t have a trade but if one doesn’t materialize I’d be interested in buying. I got my wife one last round but not this time and she already noticed me in the new one and asked about hers. Doh!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Missed the order window

Anyone know (ballpark) when surplus will hit the site?

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    I don’t have a trade but if one doesn’t materialize I’d be interested in buying. I got my wife one last round but not this time and she already noticed me in the new one and asked about hers. Doh!

I offered it to devlinc. If they pass its yours.

Re: fitment...I just got my medium Bross.

I'm 5'10" 170lbs, have long arms, and fit into a medium FRS Ant II/II+ for touring and a medium long for a more "freeride" fit. I wear a large in some layers, but don't wear a small in anything.

The Bross fits me correctly in regards to length in all dimensions. Like my Bross from a couple years ago, it's a little loose in the sleeves and torso (I find rando fit uncomfortable). I can easily add a layer under this if I want the Bross to be my outer layer, and comfortably add a puffy/shell on top without the Bross feeling like it has too much excess material.

This is exactly the fit I wanted. It's the most comfortable layer I own. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

Minor gripes - the waist drawcord seems entirely unnecessary both for the cut of the piece and for midlayers in general, and the cord locks are big and bulky. I will probably end up cutting the cord out of mine. I also would prefer it to be an inch or two longer in the body for better layering/tucked into ski pants or bibs (no, not a tall size, the arm length is fine).
    Hey guys it’s a great piece and know we are all different cats so can’t please us all. Constructive feedback: I agree with the above and a loop to hang the jacket on a hook would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Hey guys it’s a great piece and know we are all different cats so can’t please us all. Constructive feedback: I agree with the above and a loop to hang the jacket on a hook would be great.
    agree with all of this. I very rarely use waist drawcords even on my outerwear, never on a layer underneath. I don't mind it, but I imagine it adds to the cost while not adding functionality to me. And a little loop would be cool too.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    agree with all of this. I very rarely use waist drawcords even on my outerwear, never on a layer underneath. I don't mind it, but I imagine it adds to the cost while not adding functionality to me. And a little loop would be cool too.
    Agree with both of these. Other suggestion is to make the women's versions shorter. Otherwise, really happy with it...really nice.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    We are always open to constructive criticism. Also PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you have a question about an order etc email help@freeridesystems.com or freeride.frs@gmail.com

My PM box on here is almost always full.

Got ours a couple of weeks ago, loving them so far. I am 6’3”, 240 w/an athletic build, and the large tall fits me great, including covering my long gorilla arms.

Got a new long term customer, thanks!!!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhem View Post
    Got ours a couple of weeks ago, loving them so far. I am 6’3”, 240 w/an athletic build, and the large tall fits me great, including covering my long gorilla arms.

Got a new long term customer, thanks!!!

Thank you!

i use my waist cinch so it's got to stay.....lol..... if we use smaller cord lock , have to switch to smaller cord, (not substantial enough for a waist), test the one thats down there now.... it works ....(it does not slip ~ dont press button while testing).....those thin line cordlocks slip.... end blog/
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    i use my waist cinch so it's got to stay.....lol....
    Say no more!

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    i use my waist cinch so it's got to stay.....lol..... if we use smaller cord lock , have to switch to smaller cord, (not substantial enough for a waist), test the one thats down there now.... it works ....(it does not slip ~ dont press button while testing).....those thin line cordlocks slip.... end blog/
    Yep you're the boss on this one!

If it's gotta stay, I know how to use scissors.

I have been wearing mine pretty much daily since it arrived. These are great.

At 6’3” 210 the large is a great casual fit. Sleeves are long enough to cover my 6-6 wingspan

Also been wearing mine daily. If anyone bought a Dune in Medium and wants to sell it I'd buy. Otherwise I'll wait till they hit the website - this is a great piece of kit.

Really impressed with this version. My only complaint with the V1 was that the forearms are a little tight, but whether it's the cut or fabric, this one's on the money. Both colors (turq & cobalt) are on point too.

As for the lengthy fit conversation, IMO it comes down to expectations. If you want Euro/rando, you're probably better off sizing down. @ 6'/170 medium is good for skiing mid layer (or outer in spring), cool weather riding, and hanging at the brewery with equal aplomb.
    Last edited by Ted Striker; 12-18-2023 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by motopsycha View Post
    I have been wearing mine pretty much daily since it arrived. These are great.

At 6’3” 210 the large is a great casual fit. Sleeves are long enough to cover my 6-6 wingspan

Coming from another gorilla armed individual….the struggle is real…..

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Sold my medium tall—if someone has a small tall to pass on let me know! Curious if that will work.