Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Not to mention Texas has been pretty good toward the end, too. Good teams improve over the course of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Did you actually watch the FSU/FL game? Because it wasn't decided by penalties or ejections.
    Yes, I did. FSU was getting intense pass rush pressure up until that DT got ejected for spitting.

Another thing I forgot to add was Florida was playing with a backup QB, as well.

Really, is there any question that this is the same quality FSU team that played the first 11 games? You can’t lose a Heisman quality QB and pretend it has no effect on your teams performance.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post

Really, is there any question that this is the same quality FSU team that played the first 11 games? You can’t lose a Heisman quality QB and pretend it has no effect on your teams performance.
    And if they still win 13 games the committee should include them over Alabama
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Exactly.

As it played out, the whole season, including scheduling, is arbitrary.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

And another thing to add: ACC, along with the B1G and PAC are complicit in delaying the new 12 team playoff so that it goes into effect next year rather than this year. If they hadn’t done that, there’s no question FSU would make that field.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    That may be what you would like, but that’s not the way the guidelines which were given to the committee read.

lol if we’re talking the “squeaked by” test, Alabama needed a fourth and 31 miracle against…… Auburn. Ya know the same Auburn that got boat raced by….. New Mexico fucking State. But that doesn’t matter cause reasons. It’s a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I don't see how anyone can argue with a straight face that Alabama should be in over Texas. That was already settled on the field. Yes it was in September and yes Alabama has been improving, but they lost to Texas and should never be in over them.
    I still think UGA is the best team in the country and would be the favorite to win the championship if they were allowed in the cfp. One 1score loss to a hot bama team in a bit of a trap game shouldn't erase how dominant they have been.

Bama making it in was the biggest surprise to me. Shoulda been UW, UM, UGA, FSU. in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Exactly.

As it played out, the whole season, including scheduling, is arbitrary.
    That's exactly it....arbitrary. I'm sure the money aspect of this factors in as well of course. FSU should be in over Alabama. This is the same shit that happened to the Pac12 year after year. This is only the third time in the CFP that the Pac12 has had a team in the playoff. That's absurd and it's because it's an arbitrary decision. Ohio State should've been out last year for example. Did they play Georgia tough? sure...but they lost in the BIG10 championship and that should've bounced them for another team.

12 team playoff should solve this stuff since I can't think of a time where I felt the #13 team was the best in the nation.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

“What a crock of shit”

Someone showed Disney the ratings and add revenue projections for an Alabama vs Michigan Rose Bowl and they decided those were more important than any integrity in the sport.

FSU went undefeated. They did so multiple ways - and showed they had a top 5 defense when it mattered. They finished it with the back up to the back up qb having a more impressive offensive performance than Michigan. There is reason to think the FSU offense will improve by January 1 too. They will have practices to get their back ups in synch with the starters. Not much reason to think Michigan’s offense will discover the 21st century in a month though. Still enough reason to keep them at #1. TV Ratings are more important.

Alabama? The team who needed a payer and Hugh Freeze’s utter incompetence to no lose to Auburn; a week after Auburn got blown the fuck out by New Mexico fucking State.

Nope. TV numbers are more important.

Michigan. The Team who’s HC missed half the season due to two different investigations, while farting through a soft as fuck schedule - where they dodged a P5 OOC opponent - gets to go to the Rose Bowl.

Washington went undefeated with a significantly harder schedule - beating possibly the best Oregon team ever twice - gets to travel 2500 miles to play Texas in their back yard again. We’ll deny an undefeated PAC12 champion the Rose Bowl in the last year of the conference. TV ratings are more important.

The schools sold the sport to the TV executives - this is the result.

Never mind FSU beat LSU by 26 and Alabama beat them by 14, after LSU’s Hiesman favorite QB got hurt.

This ruling killed the ACC too

Well said XavierD...such an absurd outcome.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

why should texas be in? Their conference only had 3 other ranked teams, one of whom they lost to, and the another they squeaked by in OT. Their signature win was over a bama team who was so out of sorts the next week they tried out half the student body at QB. There is no way you can tell me UT is a better team, or had a better season than UGA who whalloped all 4 ranked teams they played before running out gas against a much improved bama team with saban as coach.

Bama and UT should be out. FSU and UGA should be in.

^^^^ Conference Champion > Best team in conference. I can See Bama>GA for that. What I don't get is undefeated P5 champs bumped when there are two one loss P5 champs in. The undefeated P5 champ> one loss P5 champs even if their QBs are injured.. They still found a way to win..

This is 100% a snow job to shoehorn SEC in to the dance. Can't add GA because they lost. Can't add Bama without TX... So kick FSU to the curb..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    why should texas be in? Their conference only had 3 other ranked teams, one of whom they lost to, and the another they squeaked by in OT. Their signature win was over a bama team who was so out of sorts the next week they tried out half the student body at QB. There is no way you can tell me UT is a better team, or had a better season than UGA who whalloped all 4 ranked teams they played before running out gas against a much improved bama team with saban as coach.

Bama and UT should be out. FSU and UGA should be in.
    1-loss Conference Champions with a win over the only other 1-loss conference champion.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    “What a crock of shit”

Someone showed Disney the ratings and add revenue projections for an Alabama vs Michigan Rose Bowl and they decided those were more important than any integrity in the sport.

FSU went undefeated. They did so multiple ways - and showed they had a top 5 defense when it mattered. They finished it with the back up to the back up qb having a more impressive offensive performance than Michigan. There is reason to think the FSU offense will improve by January 1 too. They will have practices to get their back ups in synch with the starters. Not much reason to think Michigan’s offense will discover the 21st century in a month though. Still enough reason to keep them at #1. TV Ratings are more important.

Alabama? The team who needed a payer and Hugh Freeze’s utter incompetence to no lose to Auburn; a week after Auburn got blown the fuck out by New Mexico fucking State.

Michigan. The Team who’s HC missed half the season due to two different investigations, while farting through a soft as fuck schedule - where they dodged a P5 OOC opponent - gets to go to the Rose Bowl.

Washington went undefeated with a significantly harder schedule - beating possibly the best Oregon team ever twice - gets to travel 2500 miles to play Texas in their back yard again. We’ll deny an undefeated PAC12 champion the Rose Bowl in the last year of the conference. TV ratings are more important.

This the truth. It’s the truth behind conference realignment and the death blow to a west coast power conference. And in the end the TV execs are going to alienate so many fans. I usually watch a lot of pac12 football. I could care less to watch any big 10+ games were Oregon isn’t involved. So I’ll be watching less football and riding more bikes. Win for me, loss for college football. If it wasn’t for the fact that I’ve been going to Duck games since I could walk and I’m emotionally invested, I’d just stop watching the whole thing entirely.

“What a crock of shit”

I don't disagree with much of what you said, but I think you're editorializing a bit about UofM's season. They beat the #2 and #7 teams in the nation this season and shut out their opponent in the B1G Championship. You play who is on the schedule and all that.

Looking forward to next year when they get Texas, USC, Washington, Oregon and tOSU.
    I still call it The Jake.

When does the NFL step in and you have teams like Dallas and Houston fighting over who gets to sign up UT/Texas A&M/Baylor, etc. for their minor league program? The FL NFL teams fighting over signing FSU/UF/UCF for their talent pipeline. It's only a matter of time before the NC double A becomes the triple A farm league for the NFL.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

It's all pretty simple. The SEC is the big swinging dick of all the conferences. No way would there be a playoff w/o an SEC team.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    When does the NFL step in and you have teams like Dallas and Houston fighting over who gets to sign up UT/Texas A&M/Baylor, etc. for their minor league program? The FL NFL teams fighting over signing FSU/UF/UCF for their talent pipeline. It's only a matter of time before the NC double A becomes the triple A farm league for the NFL.
    why the fuck would you pay to do something you currently get for free ?

I recommend the FCS and its playoff to those of you who enjoy CFB but not the money hunting bullshit in the FBS. Lots of great games this weekend which came down to last minute kicks and blocked kicks.
    Real playoff system and still has regionality with all its great rivalries. With the PAC dying and UW off to the B1G I'll probably spend more time watching Big Sky games next year than other FBS games.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    It's all pretty simple. The SEC is the big swinging dick of all the conferences. No way would there be a playoff w/o an SEC team.
    which is sad, and bad for the long term health of the sport.
    Just once the SEC was going to have to deal with the reality of 4 team playoff just like every other conference had. The "best conference" either skirted OOC match ups or got smoked in them. There was nothing to say its the best conference this year except Birmingham AL is the geographical center of CFB TV viewership.

I haven't read what you all have been posting since the playoff debacle and I'm sure this has been said but I need to say it again:

What the playoff commission did excluding FSU, who had a perfect record, from the playoffs in favor of ratings (seeing Michigan play Alabama) is total and utter BS.

College football used to be a lot more fun to watch over professional but anymore it's the same.

People suck.

If you have a perfect record you should make it into the playoffs. End of story.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I recommend the FCS and its playoff to those of you who enjoy CFB but not the money hunting bullshit in the FBS. Lots of great games this weekend which came down to last minute kicks and blocked kicks...
    My user name this to my FCS school. If anyone wants to experience a good playoff atmosphere in Missoula, just reach out.

Updated bracket with MST game times and channels attached. 2nd photo is from the Saturday game against Delaware.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

^^^You had good seats. Go Griz!

I heard that FSU would have been in but the Russian judge and the Chinese judge gave them 3's for artistic impression.