Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Found a good sticker for the FR110….cause I’m waiting for it to get awesome? I’ve had them out in softer snow. Not sure why my pair aren’t clicking with me as I friggin love ~110mm rockered skis mounted at -6cm.

Tips and tails very sharp and hooky. Like really hooky.

I skied them back to back with my Hojis. The Hojis release. FR110’s don’t.

Base grind? Detune tips and tails? Sell?

PS I had someone else ski them for 1/2 a day and they said the same.

Attachment 490349

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I had the same experience, I would detune the tips and tails aggressively.

Yep, just detune them. Take gummy with you next time and adjust it more if needed. Do this to all my skis.

I had a similar experience. I detuned tips and tails with a gummy and it went away.

Ya I was skiing today without my gummy stone in my pack!

Had same issue. I put a 2 degree bevel on mine and detuned tips and tails. Super way better now.

How far are you guys detuning? I wasn’t sure how far to go. I prob did about 8 inches from tip? Haven’t given up any groomer performance yet. I just did it to the point where it seemed like if I held the skis together there was still some rocker even with me pushing them together but I’m tempted to go a bit more. It’s definitely less than I do on my camber skis.

Someone mentioned up thread about skiing the bumps like a skate park on these skis. This is my new addiction. So much fun!!

Also found that learning to ski these has made be a better skier on my other sticks by learning to ski with different balance points. Problem is I just want to ski skate park bumps now and am avoiding my old favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshall hand tunes the fuck on every ski

Skied the FR for a week. Never felt like it was hooky.
    Ymmv.

Yeah. Bumps are weird on full reverse. You can scrub the tails on the moguls. Mind blowing. And cool.
    . . .

Everyone has their own preference on tune. Usually smart for the mfg to err on the side of too sharp, since it's easier to make a sharp edge dull than a dull edge sharp.

Rocks, railings, etc. work great when you don't have a gummy at hand.

I ski Hojis and Ravens about 30+ days a year inbounds. I love full reverse. Even on icy days. Scrubbing is awesome.

My FR110 doesn’t scrub. That’s the issue. It grabs when you’re slarving a Hoji turn. I’m sure it’s the edges. They’re sharp.

Everyone I skied with yesterday was having a great time. I was like WTF? My previous day on the FR110 was in rain/slush…so the edges were less noticeable?

I’ll detune and maybe visit Profile next week.

I ski Hojis and Ravens about 30+ days a year inbounds. I love full reverse. Even on icy days. Scrubbing is awesome.

My FR110 doesn’t scrub. That’s the issue. It grabs when you’re slarving a Hoji turn. I’m sure it’s the edges. They’re sharp.

Everyone I skied with yesterday was having a great time. I was like WTF? My previous day on the FR110 was in rain/slush…so the edges were less noticeable?

MO has aknowledged that a batch went through with no/little base bevel. I’m sure he will chime in when he sees the last 10 posts or so.

I reset bevels to 1,5 and have detuned a fair bit. Still a work in progress, but far better

I know Marshal sets his personal pair at 2/2 and I can tell you they have no problem slarving/drifting.

Hey dude, firstly I am sorry that you are not loving them from the first turn. I have revised the standard tune for the FR110 mid season based on feedback and to correct for insufficient base-edge bevel on some skis.

I do believe that I missed the mark on the tune in the batch of skis that you received. For me, it's something important that I am serious about getting right, and super bummed that I didn't for you.

As Pretzel mentioned, Profile has the right specs and can get them perfectly dialed for you. Or if not for you, I'd love to make sure that if you move on from them, the next person has the right ski prep on them.

I'll shoot you a quick PM to confirm.

Do you have a sense of what run of skis have this issue? Mine are still sitting unmounted because Fedex has now lost the second set of pivots I've purchased in the last two months, but all of this has me a bit worried considering I am still in recovery mode from my accident. I'll double check the tune before I mount them up, but figured I would ask,

Given your injury, lets over-index on caution!

Easiest to verify would be to either use a bevel meter to measure the edges or just run a file at 1.5* guide and see if it cuts or glides.

Shoot me a PM and we can sort it easily.

My FR110 are of the first pressing(serial number 006). I believe smileys are too. Mine have no tune issues at all. Skied awesome out of the wrapper.

Soft Snow Gymkhana - The Heritage Lab FR110

I just got a PM from Marshall.

He’s gonna pay for a tune at Profile in Whistler. Didn’t ask. He just approached me. Stand up guy.

Marshal recommended having them blank the ski, and set the bevels to 1.5* base and 2* side edge with a nice detune in the taper section and condition specific wax.

FYI my FR110 serial number is:

24152305 180V0 002

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6918.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	213.9 KB 
ID:	490496

That’s awesome! But I’m honestly not terribly surprised - Marshal’s customer service is incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I’m on the first run too but would need to check. Skied great out of the box. But maybe I’m just not a good enough skier to tell the difference.

And +1 on Marshal’s customer service. Unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post
    I think I’m on the first run too but would need to check. Skied great out of the box. But maybe I’m just not a good enough skier to tell the difference.

And +1 on Marshal’s customer service. Unbeatable.

lol you would notice. I am also not an amazing skier by any means and a .2 base bevel made me fear for my life.

+1000000 on Marshals customer service game.

Finally did the thing! First day will be next week.

Name:	Image1710558696.610218.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	490705

Checked the tune as well and they are good to go! As always, Marshal reached out and would go above and beyond to fix the tune if there was an issue. So psyched!

Holy hot boots.

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Holy hot boots.

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk
    If anyone looking at this has Pit Viper pivots sitting around let me know. The combo would be too hot to handle.

Mine have skied incredibly well…first batch I think? Didn’t de-tune at all.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    If anyone looking at this has Pit Viper pivots sitting around let me know. The combo would be too hot to handle.
    I tracked down some Pit Vipers for just that reason.
    Turns out, I preferred Senders on the R110s, and Pit Vipers on the FL105.

Almost exactly a year ago I was looking for a ski that could kick ass in super wet, sticky mashed potatoes. I didn’t have the FR110 on my radar but he just had a super hot weekend and this ski absolutely kicked ass. The best ski I’ve ever been on in these conditions.

The crazy thing is I thought this would be a super niche ski for my that barely gets taken out, but it’s been the ski I’ve taken out more than any other.

It has taken me a while (10+ days) to adjust to the more progressive mount (all my other skis are around -11) but it’s so good in such a wide range of conditions. Basically as long as it’s not ice, this thing rocks!!

Soft Snow Gymkhana - The Heritage Lab FR110

Day one quick review. Will dive in deeper later once I get time to a&b with the sickle and in better conditions.

Bottom line: it felt like I’ve owned this ski my whole life.

Todays conditions were a mixed bag. Very firm chunder bumps, grabby pow stashes, edgeable groomers, and moving quickly into slushy with 45 degree temps by 1130. This was also the first day I’ve used my alpine gear since my accident ~11 months ago. So I was testing my knee out a bit too.

No tune issues whatsoever. I did a little gummie work on the tips before I took them out, but it honestly felt unnecessary after skiing them. These railed the firm groomers better than any reverse ski I’ve ever had. Easy to release on edge, play with knolls and drift. Never felt any hookyness or weirdness

In the most difficult shitfuck firm into dense crusty pow I was surprised that they didn’t immediately suck. Recovering from my smashed, compounded femur, today was a test of knee and ski… both held up admirably. The flex is great for those weird dense pow section. Excited to see how they do in more of that once I’m stronger.

In slush bumps they were magic. Fast and easy. Like I had skied a hundred days on them before. Slarve, carve, boost and find the curve into the next bump. It’s all easy.

I was worried I wasn’t going to like this ski as a tool for my recovery. I’m glad I was wrong. These are going to be great.

Name:	Image1710986231.480874.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	491287