Page 107 of 119 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 2954
    When's the Swift Chiefs cheerleader in the bleachers song & video coming out, starring Travis Kelce with a cameo from Jason. Asking for my niece.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    Can all you swifties pipe down?? This is a football thread for Christ sakes and your clogging it with your sensitivities.
    "NFL 2023-2024: HERE'S HOPING FOR TOTAL CHAOS"

Technically it's the NFL/chaos thread and Swift is generating a lot of traffic and money, errr I mean chaos.

You want a thread solely about football? You will probably be disappointed here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    She'll have about 17 hours to get to the game after her concert. The current time in Tokyo us 4:16 am. Tomorrow.
    OK, even though I shut my brain down when I retired, I looked into the numbers. There’s a 17 hour difference between Tokyo and Las Vegas, that’s true. But what matters is the difference between the time the concert ends and when the Super Bowl starts.

Taylor’s Era Tour concerts have been starting around 6PM local time and ending around 11PM local time. She doesn’t do all 5 hours, there’s a supporting act that goes first, and then she does about 3.5 hours. But typically the shows end about 11PM local time.

With the 17 hour difference, that’s 6AM Las Vegas time. Assuming a 12 hour fight time, that gets her to Vegas right at 6PM assuming the plane takes off immediately after the concert. But she has to drive to the airport and there’s also driving at the other end, so add an hour and it’s 7PM. The Super Bowl started at 5:30. So she makes it to halftime.

Of course, she could elect to shorten the concert, but I doubt she’ll do. Also, everyone seems to be throwing out the 12 hour flight time, but I don’t know how accurate that number is. Maybe she can make her jet go faster using the jet stream, or maybe that is already baked into the 12 hr number, I don’t know .

I dig Olivia Rodrigo too...

I think Purdy running will be the key. He's sneaky fast and didn't run that much until the Detroit game; when they needed it. It opens up the offense that much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    "NFL 2023-2024: HERE'S HOPING FOR TOTAL CHAOS"

Technically it's the NFL/chaos thread and Swift is generating a lot of traffic and money, errr I mean chaos.

You want a thread solely about football? You will probably be disappointed here.
    Touche'

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    You can't fix that Aiyuk facemask bounce catch. If the NFL is fixed it's at the officiating level and sometimes the bad calls and non-calls are so blatant it's hard not to wonder. There wasn't any of that in the NFC game that I noticed. I missed the AFC game but I assume that if KC got gifted a drive-saving PI or RTP call it would have been discussed in here.
    (TL;DR NFC: it wasn’t refs or Goff.)
    Or the Gibbs fumble
    Or the two Reynolds drops, especially the one right in his hands on 3rd down
    Or the Lions going away from a successful run game
    Or the decisions to go for it instead of going up 17 in the 3rd or tying the game with 7+ mins left on 4th + 3 TOs + 2 min warning
    Or the run call with 1:05, which assured the Lions would need an onside kick recovery (4% chance)

None of that had anything to do with refs
    Mostly had nothing to do with Goff
    Mostly on Lions coaches

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sure…. It wasn’t any of those things. But if any one of those things had been different we’d likely have had a different result.

Game of inches.

Oh well. I’ll watch the SB for the spectacle but I’ll care just a little less.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Joe Rogan makes a hundred million dollars selling boner pills to incels and he should run for president.
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    C'mon. Nobody could think that..
    This

NFL 2023-2024: Here's Hoping for Total Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    C'mon. Nobody could think that. She could buy and sell him 20 times and not feel it.
    As social media has demonstrated all too well, people are even dumber than we all thought.

Back to football, as a Niners fan I don’t feel good about this game. Our run defense has been pretty shaky all season and that opens up the chance for Mahomes to pick us apart outside the numbers, especially with a depleted secondary. On the other hand our LB’s can match up well on Kelce at least. We need to turn this game into a shootout, I think. And the 49ers have to actually show up for the first half unlike the last 2 weeks because the Chiefs aren’t going to allow a big comeback.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    (TL;DR NFC: it wasn’t refs or Goff.)
    Or the Gibbs fumble
    Or the two Reynolds drops, especially the one right in his hands on 3rd down
    Or the Lions going away from a successful run game
    Or the decisions to go for it instead of going up 17 in the 3rd or tying the game with 7+ mins left on 4th + 3 TOs + 2 min warning
    Or the run call with 1:05, which assured the Lions would need an onside kick recovery (4% chance)

None of that had anything to do with refs
    Mostly had nothing to do with Goff
    Mostly on Lions coaches

I thought the game was extremely well officiated (and I was cheering for the Lions). As opposed to the Chiefs - Ravens games, listening to the broadcast team trying to justify the calls was painful.

As a Broncos fan all I can say is go 9’ers!

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    As social media has demonstrated all too well, people are even dumber than we all thought.

Back to football, as a Niners fan I don’t feel good about this game. Our run defense has been pretty shaky all season and that opens up the chance for Mahomes to pick us apart outside the numbers, especially with a depleted secondary. On the other hand our LB’s can match up well on Kelce at least. We need to turn this game into a shootout, I think. And the 49ers have to actually show up for the first half unlike the last 2 weeks because the Chiefs aren’t going to allow a big comeback.
    Yup, any team playing Mahomey should not be real confident. That young man can kill you pretty much single handedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    OK, even though I shut my brain down when I retired, I looked into the numbers. There’s a 17 hour difference between Tokyo and Las Vegas, that’s true. But what matters is the difference between the time the concert ends and when the Super Bowl starts.

Taylor’s Era Tour concerts have been starting around 6PM local time and ending around 11PM local time. She doesn’t do all 5 hours, there’s a supporting act that goes first, and then she does about 3.5 hours. But typically the shows end about 11PM local time.

With the 17 hour difference, that’s 6AM Las Vegas time. Assuming a 12 hour fight time, that gets her to Vegas right at 6PM assuming the plane takes off immediately after the concert. But she has to drive to the airport and there’s also driving at the other end, so add an hour and it’s 7PM. The Super Bowl started at 5:30. So she makes it to halftime.

Of course, she could elect to shorten the concert, but I doubt she’ll do. Also, everyone seems to be throwing out the 12 hour flight time, but I don’t know how accurate that number is. Maybe she can make her jet go faster using the jet stream, or maybe that is already baked into the 12 hr number, I don’t know .
    Oh, and the SB kickoff is at 3:30 Las Vegas time (PST) not 5:30, (more evidence of my brain shutting down) which makes it even harder to make it in time. Maybe she gets lucky with the wind speeds.

Is the Super Bowl numbering system silly to anyone else?

Can you tell me off the top of your head who played in Super Bowl 32?

Is it too much to say the year like any other sport? 2018 Super Bowl, sure I can remember that. Super Bowl 23? No clue, when was that?
    I still call it The Jake.

With #49ers and Chiefs having no Alabama players on active roster, a remarkable streak will continue. No player who finished college at Alabama has scored a point in a Super Bowl. Players from 143 other colleges from Coast Guard (1 point) to Miami (84) have scored in Super Bowl

3.5hr set? Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    With #49ers and Chiefs having no Alabama players on active roster, a remarkable streak will continue. No player who finished college at Alabama has scored a point in a Super Bowl. Players from 143 other colleges from Coast Guard (1 point) to Miami (84) have scored in Super Bowl
    Is that true? That’s wild!

4matic, that stat stat seems impossible. Glorious if true.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0626.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	331.4 KB 
ID:	484933

I’m dead.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Is the Super Bowl numbering system silly to anyone else?

Can you tell me off the top of your head who played in Super Bowl 32?

Is it too much to say the year like any other sport? 2018 Super Bowl, sure I can remember that. Super Bowl 23? No clue, when was that?
    This seems all smart now, but talk to me in the year 1000 SB. After rosters are expanded, 8" hand weapons are introduced and helmets are turned in for actual helms the NFL year will dominate AD.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

The Niners have to make Mahomes a pocket passer and stop the run. He is a stone cold killer when he can get outside and extend plays.
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Yup, any team playing Mahomey should not be real confident. That young man can kill you pretty much single handedly.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Oh, and the SB kickoff is at 3:30 Las Vegas time (PST) not 5:30, (more evidence of my brain shutting down) which makes it even harder to make it in time. Maybe she gets lucky with the wind speeds.
    Private jets fly higher, faster, and straighter.

I think the SB should be a good game. Feeling like KC has the advantage just because of magic man Mahomes. If SF starts flat like they did against the lions it's gonna be ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Ken Stabler played for 'bama. He threw a TD pass in SB XI. So, does that not count?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Ken Stabler played for 'bama. He threw a TD pass in SB XI. So, does that not count?
    Receiver gets the credit, not the qb. But yeah,

Does Taylor have a concert the next night? Because even if she could make the game in this hypothetical, it doesn't work if she has another concert.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    3.5hr set? Respect.
    Yep, 3.5 hours of signing and dancing, night after night. She has to be in amazing shape.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Does Taylor have a concert the next night? Because even if she could make the game in this hypothetical, it doesn't work if she has another concert.

Yep, 3.5 hours of signing and dancing, night after night. She has to be in amazing shape.
    “Taylor Swift Trained for the Eras Tour by Singing Her Entire Setlist While Running on the Treadmill Every Day”

Yeah, she has a Tour De France level conditioning, biometrics, nutrition, and recovery regime going on. It really is impressive.

It's crazy that the modern GOP recognizes that it's completely repulsive to the young demographic, so they choose to attack Taylor Swift. And cook up absolutely crazy, throw that guy out of the bar type conspiracy theories in the process.