Page 116 of 119 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 2954
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Jeebus. Yes, his behavior was over the top and "unacceptable", but it's really between him and Reid. You think Reid isn't powerful enough in that relationship to do whatever he damn well wants with Kelce (at the moment or in building the team for next year)? You think Kelce is abusing him such that Reid is being controlled? If Reid brushed it off, it's really just a "that's not a good look" kind of thing and move on. And extrapolating that incident to "he's a future -- or current -- domestic abuser"? FFS.

ETA: I do agree with the notion that Taylor's status don't mean squat, abusers are abusers and can gain a fucked up hold over their victims that defies outside logic. But to insinuate that he even might be an abuser because of that incident is totally out of line.
    the projection of stuff off the field is unfair and i'll gladly walk it back. not cool and i own that.

but what happened is more than a "bad look" that can be moved on from without being addressed further. kelce laid hands on his head coach. that in and of itself is incredibly out of line but that fact that he did it on the sideline of the super bowl as one of the faces of the league is utterly appalling to me. to not address it (and in doing so, emphasize how wrong it is) would be irresponsible by Kelce and the league. Not saying we need a media spectacle with full presser and the works but Kelce should offer a statement, or even a tweet, accepting responsibility full-stop and emphasizing that what he did was completely out of line. without something like that from his end, the whole thing will be minimized and dismissed, effectively sending the message that, hey, sometimes its okay for a frustrated player to get physical with his coach in the heat of competition.
    swing your fucking sword.

Unless I misunderstood Reid's comments afterwards, it sounds like this is how they do things in KC. You don't have to like it, but Kelce's coach likes it. Said it wasn't the first time either...

“Even if they chest bump me to the other side of the 50, I appreciate it. I just love that the guy wants to play and wants to be in there playing. And he knows I love that. So he makes me feel young.”
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I’ll be interested to hear Steve Young’s take on it during his weekly interview on local radio

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Unless I misunderstood Reid's comments afterwards, it sounds like this is how they do things in KC. You don't have to like it, but Kelce's coach likes it. Said it wasn't the first time either...

“Even if they chest bump me to the other side of the 50, I appreciate it. I just love that the guy wants to play and wants to be in there playing. And he knows I love that. So he makes me feel young.”
    I think that is Reid just handling media tactfully. He doesn't want to put his guy on blast or even have to field a question about what happened after winning a super bowl. it definitely seems like they have a relationship that falls outside the conventional player-coach dynamic but what i saw crosses the line of being appropriate in any situation and i suspect reid feels the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    In other news, the Mitch Trubisky era has ended in Pittsburgh.
    Imagine the possibilities.

We could add another name to the jersey of fame.
    I still call it The Jake.

A former player interviewed by Cowherd today who has been coached by Reid confirmed that Reid has that kind of relationship with his players and he did not seem to think it was a big deal at all. (Can't remember the player's name.) Impossible to say from an outside perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    In other news, the Mitch Trubisky era has ended in Pittsburgh.
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Imagine the possibilities.

We could add another name to the jersey of fame.
    He'll be the panthers starter by week 3. Sorry bmills.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    He'll be the panthers starter by week 3. Sorry bmills.
    And he’ll carry on a great tradition there as well.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    And he’ll carry on a great tradition there as well.
    No offense but the panthers are like wayyyy fucking worse than the browns now. Now we just gotta sustain the futility. With Tepper in charge, we are well on our way!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Jeebus. Yes, his behavior was over the top and "unacceptable", but it's really between him and Reid. You think Reid isn't powerful enough in that relationship to do whatever he damn well wants with Kelce (at the moment or in building the team for next year)? You think Kelce is abusing him such that Reid is being controlled? If Reid brushed it off, it's really just a "that's not a good look" kind of thing and move on. And extrapolating that incident to "he's a future -- or current -- domestic abuser"? FFS.

ETA: I do agree with the notion that Taylor's status don't mean squat, abusers are abusers and can gain a fucked up hold over their victims that defies outside logic. But to insinuate that he even might be an abuser because of that incident is totally out of line.
    Aren't you an attorney? If so, you're the one who represents the abusers and rapists eh?

Fucking guy can't control himself on the national stage in front of millions of people might have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Aren't you an attorney? If so, you're the one who represents the abusers and rapists eh?

Fucking guy can't control himself on the national stage in front of millions of people might have a problem.
    Honestly, as for things that happen on a football field, right or wrong, that was honestly fairly tame. If Reid doesn’t want to address it then it’s obviously not a big enough deal to him to have to address publicly. It’s also not the first time Kelce has been a hot head on the sideline.

what the everloving fuck? You are a fucking asshole. The fact that I am an attorney a) has nothing to do with anything here, and b) the insinuation that I represent abusers and rapists? That's fucked up. I don't expect you to apologize but you should.

ETA: and for the record, I don't do criminal law or anything remotely close to it, but I work for an agency that does the exact opposite of what you think. And years ago in a different profession, I had some DV training and provided assistance to victims of DV. The idea that you can tell that someone is an abuser because of how he acts in a football game is absurd. And the idea that you can then accuse someone of being a rape/abuser apologist because they think your position is wrong is fucked up
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    but what happened is more than a "bad look" that can be moved on from without being addressed further. kelce laid hands on his head coach. that in and of itself is incredibly out of line but that fact that he did it on the sideline of the super bowl as one of the faces of the league is utterly appalling to me. to not address it (and in doing so, emphasize how wrong it is) would be irresponsible by Kelce and the league. Not saying we need a media spectacle with full presser and the works but Kelce should offer a statement, or even a tweet, accepting responsibility full-stop and emphasizing that what he did was completely out of line. without something like that from his end, the whole thing will be minimized and dismissed, effectively sending the message that, hey, sometimes its okay for a frustrated player to get physical with his coach in the heat of competition.
    I do agree that it would be good for Kelce to offer a statement like that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

A guy fired up to win a game...yeah maybe it was over the line but "excuse me sir, excuse me sir, can I go play, I think I might be able to gain some yards" is lot less compelling when you're trying to win the Super Bowl. I'm sure it's a fine line for coaches to walk and discipline but judging by Reid's record, his methods are working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

So, I was wrong about being wrong…kinda

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1115.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	570.7 KB 
ID:	486650
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1152.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	414.6 KB 
ID:	486651

I am real shocked that the poster boy for roided meatheads on national television acted like a roided meathead in national television.

You retire classy or live through the cte to become the thug.

Lol. These Kelce takes are dopey. These guys aren't kindergarten teachers. There isn't a rule that they have to use their indoor voices. They yell at each other, then they get over it.

He doesn't have the roided look to me. Face is too round and soft.

NFL 2023-2024: Here's Hoping for Total Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Lol. These Kelce takes are dopey. These guys aren't kindergarten teachers. There isn't a rule that they have to use their indoor voices. They yell at each other, then they get over it.
    This deal reminds me of a Bode Miller quote (which I can’t find) about how after flying down the course at 80 mph, taking high risks to life and limb, the press expected him to quietly sit down and drink tea afterwards vs letting loose and partying.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Don’t worry about kelce. As soon as he hangs up his Jersey, Taylor will find him boring, like most nfl wives, and leave.

I recently had lunch with a high school friend who was a star at Oregon state, team captain, outside linebacker, he has cte, he was telling me about a teammate, center, in a dementia center before he was 40. He tried to raise money, not one of his nfl teammates helped, not the ncaa, not the school. Sad to see.

NFL 2023-2024: Here's Hoping for Total Chaos

The “Taylor should run away from that guy” takes are so fucking stupid. It’s football at the highest level and guys are fired up. That doesn’t mean that energy is going to translate elsewhere in life. In my football group chat I have three friends who have played in the NFL (two of them have Super Bowl rings) and they all agree this is being overblown and people have no idea what kind of shit goes down on the sidelines and in the locker room. Kelce crossed a line for sure but I promise you no one on that team cares and would rather play with the guy who cares too much vs not enough.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Where else could Tay. get the Free media exposure she has gotten for the last six moths than an NFL stadium (luxury) suite on gameday -

nowhere I know of...

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Where else could Tay. get the Free media exposure she has gotten for the last six moths than an NFL stadium (luxury) suite on gameday -

nowhere I know of...

The NFL got way more out of Taylor Swift than she got out of the NFL.
    focus.

Yeah, cause she needs more media exposure.

So glad this season is over.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"