Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Loving these. Sold the Enforcers last night.

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Anybody spend much time on the BMX118?
    I’m looking at mounting a pair, recommended line is -14?! So I’m thinking of mounting at +2.
    Is there anyone out there with BMX wisdom?
    I wouldn’t hesitate- been mounting Kastle’s forward for many years. Follow your instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Loving these. Sold the Enforcers last night.

Who predicted that 🤣
    My daily too

Any comments on mounting point for the TX103? On the line I feel way over my tips on those using a stock C-Raider. The ramp delta might also be contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post

Who predicted that 🤣
    My daily too
    Nailed it

looking for some BMX 115's in 193cm if anybody is still holding.

I own(ed) the zx100, bmx105, and zx 108. Figured i'd give a sentence or two about each ski to appease the Kastle gods and hopefully drum up a pair of bmx 115's.

-ZX100 has a bit more camber than the others, but skis very predictably mounted at the Gen Z line. Light. No metal. This ski is my touring setup. Wish I got them out in the resort more because they are super fun, but pin bindings.

-BMX 105 (non HP). Dream ski. fun rockies daily driver. Mounted on recommened line. Surprisingly light. Punches above it's weight in deeper snow. Can slarve or lay rails, but likes to go fast in all conditions.. Wish i found an HP version, life didn't work out that way.

-ZX108 was a damp charger mounted on the traditional line. Catch and release with a bmx 105 quiver overlap. Saw the guy i sold them to in the lift line. He loves them. Would have mounted on Gen Z line if i kept them.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    looking for some BMX 115's in 193cm if anybody is still holding.

I own(ed) the zx100, bmx105, and zx 108. Figured i'd give a sentence or two about each ski to appease the Kastle gods and hopefully drum up a pair of bmx 115's.

-ZX100 has a bit more camber than the others, but skis very predictably mounted at the Gen Z line. Light. No metal. This ski is my touring setup. Wish I got them out in the resort more because they are super fun, but pin bindings.

-BMX 105 (non HP). Dream ski. fun rockies daily driver. Mounted on recommened line. Surprisingly light. Punches above it's weight in deeper snow. Can slarve or lay rails, but likes to go fast in all conditions.. Wish i found an HP version, life didn't work out that way.

-ZX108 was a damp charger mounted on the traditional line. Catch and release with a bmx 105 quiver overlap. Saw the guy i sold them to in the lift line. He loves them. Would have mounted on Gen Z line if i kept them.
    how about a ZX115 in 193? new in the plastic
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by indyjones View Post
    Any comments on mounting point for the TX103? On the line I feel way over my tips on those using a stock C-Raider. The ramp delta might also be contributing.
    I mounted them at -2, one day on them, looks fine. The rec line is a bit forward for a kastle, similar to the gen z on the zx.

I ski the bmx 105 and 115 on the line.

the zx 108 flex like a complete noodle on the tip, not sure if it’s the same for the bigger size. I may finally mount them and try them though, why not. Actually thinking on putting a 200g binding on them for touring.

Had my first "real" outing on FX106Ti 192cm, after a disappointing first day trying to ski them with a faulty factory tune. Conditions were 2" of new on firm, classic dust on crust, but really not bad skiing and great for trying out a ski. Off trail was not really in, so did not get to try in that element. I found them pretty easy to ski. They are a stiff ski under foot and tail, but with a slightly soft tip makes them easy to engage. I thought they could be a little damper. Suspension is OK. They have almost a carbon like feel in they way they clink. They do have a lively and energetic feel for a big ski. They feel a lot more accessible than the M102 191cm, maybe giving up a little stability. I've also skied the BMX105HP a bunch, a fabulous ski. IMO, dampness and build quality of the FX is not quite as good as the 105HP. 1.5 thumbs up!
    Last edited by Fred Pabst; 01-30-2024 at 11:36 AM.

Anyone here need brand new TX103 pre-cut skins in 173cm length? I may have a pair to sell

Loving my ZX108 in untracked and anything remotely soft as it's so easy to ski and it floats like a much wider ski. However, in the afternoon powder day chop it does get knocked around a bit due to the soft shovel and the relatively low weight. Does the FX106ti "fix" this problem, i.e. better soft chop performance but still the same fun performance in untracked snow. Or because of the hollow tip, it'll still have that same problem?
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Loving my ZX108 in untracked and anything remotely soft as it's so easy to ski and it floats like a much wider ski. However, in the afternoon powder day chop it does get knocked around a bit due to the soft shovel and the relatively low weight. Does the FX106ti "fix" this problem, i.e. better soft chop performance but still the same fun performance in untracked snow. Or because of the hollow tip, it'll still have that same problem?
    I’d say yes.

I learned with these FX106ti you really need to keep the pressure on the balls of your feet, not forgiving at all with any weight on your heels. I’m loving them.

Going from smooth groomer to chop and back I think they are stable and still float well.

Vid from Friday below.

Kastle thread...

If anyone has some 180+ MX83s or 88s they want to offload hmu

Also 160-176 for the wife. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    If anyone has some 180+ MX83s or 88s they want to offload hmu

Also 160-176 for the wife. lol.
    I think there is a pair or MX88s in the forums for sale

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Kastle thread...

I’ve had both. Started with ZX108 and was happy but felt the way you do. Was intrigued by FX106ti and on my 2nd season with ZX I added the metal 106s. Took maybe 2 outings A/B’ing and the verdict was in — FX hands down. Maybe because I lean metal but didn’t feel I gave up much float and was absolutely positive the crud busting was multiple times better. Where I ski - it’s cut up fast. A chop ski is king. On FX, still delivered on stash runs and speed increased considerably.
    eta I no longer own ZXs

Agree 106ti doesn’t get pushed around much in chop. For the right skier (directional charger), the 106ti is about as good as it gets. Last year I went from ice on the east coast to a few days later snowbasin and powder mountain and it was just as good both places. Just don’t get backseat or lazy and it does everything very very well.

I haven’t tried the 108 but the zx115 is a beast too. little more easy going than the 106ti.

^^^Hmm... intersting. The FX106ti can be head very cheaply right now... Or go for the 115. I think maybe I'll go for the 115 as the 108 does come in handy and it's so fun to ski and doesn't punish my bad skiing.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

^^^Hmm... intersting. The FX106ti can be head very cheaply right now... Or go for the 115. I think maybe I'll go for the 115 as the 108 does come in handy and it's so fun to ski and doesn't punish my bad skiing.
    PSA - $439 right now on Backcountry. I have the 184’s - love them. May buy this as a backup pair
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Most of us are trying to have fun, not be Luke Skywalker and blow up the fucking death star, save the galaxy, and be the coolest Jedi at the next movie premier.

New 2025 lineup.

Red MX looks fast. FX is gone.

https://youtu.be/msaedNAN_Cc?si=ga1lfFy4WaBTolUf

Paragon line looks interesting

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    New 2025 lineup.

Red MX looks fast. FX is gone.

https://youtu.be/msaedNAN_Cc?si=ga1lfFy4WaBTolUf
    Yes.

From Powder7

Say hello to Paragon. Longtime Kastle fans (and Powder7 employees) will remember the BMX105 HP skis. People used to call us about them all the time! Well, for 2024-2025, Kastle is introducing a new freeride collection: Paragon. The new skis feel like obvious call-backs to classic models like that BMX and the FX95 HP. How so? Well for one, they're tanks. Built with two sheets of metal, the Paragon 107 can drop the hammer on any type of snow anywhere you find it. They're lively, smooth in and out of carves, and give you enough smear-ability to tackle bump runs, tree alleys, and chutes. Essentially, the Paragon mirrors the shape of the ZX but offers a more powerful and more plush ride. We love that combination, and it actually makes the Paragon 107 a fairly unique ski. Directly aimed at advanced and expert skiers who love to attack the fall-line, Paragon's got a shot to be the top dog in the aggressive all-mountain/freeride category. If that sounds tasty to you, we can guarantee you won't be disappointed. Give Paragon a rip!

Features:

- Hook Free Shovel and Tail
    - Double Rocker
    - Triple Woodcore with Shell Veneer
    - Hollowtech 2.0
    - Titanal

Here's some weights I found for the 107

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

If anyone is near Fernie we have a selection the 24/25 skis in demos now (not every length usual 175+ lengths) MX84, MX88, Paragon etc
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Kastle thread...

Selling MX88s and keeping MX98s.See: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=356978

Last edited by 54-46; 03-25-2024 at 07:47 PM.

Kastle thread...

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    If anyone is near Fernie we have a selection the 24/25 skis in demos now (not every length usual 175+ lengths) MX84, MX88, Paragon etc
    Which Paragons? The long ones?

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Which Paragons? The long ones?

184 in the 107
    177 in the 93
    fire

rails are for trains

www.theguideshut.ca