Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    The stock liner? It fits me surprisingly well. I kinda wanted to ski the stock liner before I throw zipfits in them.
    not the liner, the BSL is shorter. old RX was 3mm longer BSL.

I don’t the think the internal length is any smaller though based on what I can tell between my multiple pairs of RX and these. If anything they feel a bit longer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    I don’t the think the internal length is any smaller though based on what I can tell between my multiple pairs of RX and these. If anything they feel a bit longer to me.
    this is probably true, but for whatever reason its easier for me to keep my toes off the front in the Rx than the shadow.

Maybe the heel pocket shape is different and it’s pushing you forward in the boot.

Gonna get em on snow Friday. I’ll let ya all know what I think of em

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    The stock liner? It fits me surprisingly well. I kinda wanted to ski the stock liner before I throw zipfits in them.
    stock liner is amazing.

I just spent the last two days on the 130 and can say I really do love it. I’m running it with the freeride zips with no additional work and it fits me perfectly. Boot definitely feels shorter than the RX with a wider forefoot and a touch more narrow heel pocket and much shorter than my head raptor WCR 120s. Turn initiation comes on very quickly and the flex is quite easy to get into. One thing I notice immediately compared to my raptors is the more upright lean. My legs didn’t tire out as fast and I felt like I had better balance/stance.

I was skiing a Jeffery 118 so I’m an interested to see how they work on my more directional skis.

It seems like this boot was designed in part to eliminate progressive flex, which is something I have always liked. A statement like "Turn initiation comes on very quickly" makes is sound like the boot has a very on/off feel. This may be good in a racing situation but having the modulation of progressive flex for both initiatiating interaction with the ski and controling forebody interaction with the snow throughout the turn has always been something I look for in a boot. I'd like to hear more about how this boot does in variable and weird snow conditions.
    Gravity Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    It seems like this boot was designed in part to eliminate progressive flex, which is something I have always liked. A statement like "Turn initiation comes on very quickly" makes is sound like the boot has a very on/off feel. This may be good in a racing situation but having the modulation of progressive flex for both initiatiating interaction with the ski and controling forebody interaction with the snow throughout the turn has always been something I look for in a boot. I'd like to hear more about how this boot does in variable and weird snow conditions.
    I guess now that I think about it “very” might not have been the right word. But still def easier to pilot for me than the raptors. Hard to explain. I am excited for Paul Forwards review since the shadow has been his daily for the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    I guess now that I think about it “very” might not have been the right word. But still def easier to pilot for me than the raptors. Hard to explain. I am excited for Paul Forwards review since the shadow has been his daily for the last few months.
    it's easier to pilot because the dual pivot allows the force we input to be more directly translated to the ski because the dual pivot is so low. And to the previous comment about the progressive flex... If you keep the grey (stiff) insert on the spine, the flex remains slightly progressive. with the black (soft) insert on the spine, it's way more linear.

the flex with grey is still less progressive than a traditionally boot... but it allows you to initiate flex earlier, and then the dual pivot transmits more force to the ski earlier... which i why i think the ski is so easy to pilot with the shadow.

it feels like I'm wasting way less energy skiing. first pow day of the season i was shocked at how easy it was.

if you want most progressive feel, grey spine piece, black lower pieces. the most linear feel is black spine, grey lower pieces.

Scratch, sounds like you’ve taken yours apart. Is it really a “dual pivot” or is it a “single pivot with multiple levers and spring connection points” (the spine and the lower bands). Put another way, is the main pivot between the cuff and clog a fixed pivot, or does it have some elasticity in the interface as well?

I’m pretty excited about this boot, not because I feel I need new boots or care about Lange, but because it seems about time a ski boot no longer relies on deformation of the shell to store and transmit energy!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Scratch, sounds like you’ve taken yours apart. Is it really a “dual pivot” or is it a “single pivot with multiple levers and spring connection points” (the spine and the lower bands). Put another way, is the main pivot between the cuff and clog a fixed pivot, or does it have some elasticity in the interface as well?

I’m pretty excited about this boot, not because I feel I need new boots or care about Lange, but because it seems about time a ski boot no longer relies on deformation of the shell to store and transmit energy!
    the higher pivot is traditional with cuff alignment disc. the lower pivot has an elastomer ring hook thingy that controls how much force the upper cuff applies to lower shell. The cuff rotates about the higher pivot, and the lower pivot's elastomer insert controls how much the cuff can rotate by using stiffer or softer insert. So yes, the elasticity of the dual pivot completely changes how the upper and lower shell communicate.

this boot still relies of the deformation of the shell, they just designed the spine thing and dual pivot to control the deformation more efficiently.

A traditional 2 piece boot relies on the medial part of the lower shell to deflect to get the boot to flex... The dual pivot seems to replace like 50% of that by isolating part of deflection to the dual pivot hinge lower down on the shell.

the construction is on full display from 03:50

It's the easiest boot I've skied in terms of turn initiation. Feels pretty 'damp' as well at speed in big mountain charge ex-racer boy-now officially old stance at speed.

I wouldn't say it feels on/off at all.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

FWIW: They conquered shell deformation (Is that even a word?) 45 years ago with the the Raichcle Flexon, which is where I fell in love with progressive flex, and fortunately the Cabrio shell still lives on in a few incarnations.
    Gravity Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    FWIW: They conquered shell deformation (Is that even a word?) 45 years ago with the the Raichcle Flexon, which is where I fell in love with progressive flex, and fortunately the Cabrio shell still lives on in a few incarnations.
    have you skied it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by scratchskier321 View Post
    have you skied it yet?
    No, I have not skied the 130 LV dual pivot, so I have no right to critisize it. Probably skis fantastic, but the description sounds like a lot of new (and undoubtedly expensive) tech to solve something I don't see as a serious problem.

Put me down as a grumpy old man and just move on. I'm sure nobody wants to hear me bitch about overlap shell boots.
    Gravity Junkie

Skied mine today.

Feels great on snow.

The instep is about the highest I’ve seen in a Lange. So much that I’m putting in a shim to raise myself up in the boot.

The forefoot is also really wide for an “LV” boot.

Ground for length and a punch for the styloid and I’m good to go.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    So I've got 20 days on my with Zips. Pretty happy so far. Gotta say though....it was like 35 degrees today. Damn the plastic on these gets SOFT in the warm temps.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post

The instep is about the highest I’ve seen in a Lange. So much that I’m putting in a shim to raise myself up in the boot.

The forefoot is also really wide for an “LV” boot.
    Wife tried these on, and said the same thing. Roomy compared to 97 last RS/RX/XT Free.

The higher instep and wider forefoot means I can run them out of the box without any punches/grinding, with either a zipfit or some ankle foam on the stock liner.

I enjoy them as a work boot.

Has anyone tried the 120? Feel any difference?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Has anyone tried the 120? Feel any difference?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    just barely softer, like it should.

So I swapped the elastomers to the softer ones and love the softer flex off the top. I don't feel like the boot is less than a 130 but the black pieces make the boot feel much more like an RX. Def worth a try if you feel the boot engages too easily!

You are able to swap them without taking the cuff off...

I find the shadows biggest difference in flex characteristics to be on the rebound. With any other boot I feel like the boot follows my leg back when I come out of a turn, the shadow pushes my leg back instead. It’s a pretty unique thing.

Unfortunately, the shadow and maybe the RX seem to both bother my fucked up right ankle, so I’m converting to a different boot… so maybe I’ll have my lightly used set up for sale if a coworker doesn’t take them.