Light, fully rockered touring skis?

My favorite touring skis ever are G3 Synapse 109. Pretty light, super surfy and playful, fantastic mid winter ski touring ski here in the Wasatch. I'd love something similar, maybe a bit narrower, like 105 under foot, possibly flat under foot with tip and tail rocker, and even lighter, like 1400g. Anyone making anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    My favorite touring skis ever are G3 Synapse 109. Pretty light, super surfy and playful, fantastic mid winter ski touring ski here in the Wasatch. I'd love something similar, maybe a bit narrower, like 105 under foot, possibly flat under foot with tip and tail rocker, and even lighter, like 1400g. Anyone making anything like that?
    Faction La Machine Mini and K2 Dispatch 101 are the closest options. Elan Ripstick 104 and Armada Locator 104 are also worth looking at. There are no fully rockered skis at 1400g currently available, I believe the lightest fully rockered ski on the market right now is the Faction La Machine Mega (the Mini has a bit of camber but the Mega doesn't I think), which weighs around 1500g. Maybe Down might start making the CD104L again, or something similar.

You didn’t mention length. A bit heavier and smidge wider 176 volkl bmt 109 1581g stated weight. Go custom skins and ultralight bindings to make up the weight

4frnt ravens fit the bill. Although a bit heavier at like 1650g at 184cm

Full rocker, 30m side cut, 104mm underfoot.

I love my Synapse 109s, also ski Volkl Vwerks Katanas and M4 Mantras, and am generally sold on fully rockered skis. Unfortunately and inexplicably there are becoming fewer and fewer options. Volkl BMT109s are as close as I’m aware of to your description. 4FRNT Ravens and WNDR Intention 108s are heavier and are more forward biased. Movement Go 109s are heavier, but look great on the rack. You can also still find Dynafit Beast 108s (the orange reverse cambered ones) for sale cheap, and which have a pretty similar rocker profile to the Synapse 109s.

https://shop.trackntrail.ca/dynafit-...351&quantity=1

Idk if you’re gonna find anything that light, but the 4frnt Raven sounds like a very good candidate otherwise. WNDR offers a full rocker on any of their skis and they’re kinda light. Someone here will probably chime in with some lighter options but that Raven really sounds like what you’re describing so I thought I’d throw it out there. Moment made a meridian tour for a minute, it was 1775 in the 181, no taper but still a very fun ski if you can find one. Prolly the best option though is having Keith at Praxis build you a fully rockered BC in the spring sale. Just some food for thought…
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

I'd want something about 180cm.

Shorter they are the lighter they get
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Anyone been on the Voile Hyper Manti? It has camber under foot, but has tip and tail rocker. 1410 g at 181 cm. Ugly as hell, not that it matters...

I also like a fully rockered ski as a bc daily driver. I've used a Volkl Nunataq for the last few years and really like it. Looked for something similar but lighter last year but couldn't find anything that seemed significantly better for a decent price, so picked up another pair of Nunataqs new undrilled. Bought a pair of Faction le Machines, the ones 126 underfoot, a couple of months ago, and have been loving them in the kind of light, deep snow you get in your area. For me they're the perfect balance of weight and performance. I never notice them on the up and they're fabulous on the way down, super surfy. Like them so much I'm interested in the Megas at 109 underfoot and maybe 1550 grams as a daily driver here in the Sierra Nevada. It's not clear to me though that the Mega is truly full reverse rocker. If it is, I think it is worth a look even though it weights a little more than you'd like.