Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Clarkson's Farm is quite entertaining.

I booked plane tickets today. We're going to go from Vancouver on a flight to Gatwick because that was $500 per ticket cheaper. I realize Gatwick is a bit farther outside London, but hard to rationalize spending an extra grand to fly out of Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Clarkson's Farm is quite entertaining.

I booked plane tickets today. We're going to go from Vancouver on a flight to Gatwick because that was $500 per ticket cheaper. I realize Gatwick is a bit farther outside London, but hard to rationalize spending an extra grand to fly out of Seattle.
    I've heard getting to and from Gatwick is a chore. But I've never tried it. Do let us know. I was warned off it 10 years ago for that reason. Maybe it's gotten better.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I've heard getting to and from Gatwick is a chore. But I've never tried it. Do let us know. I was warned off it 10 years ago for that reason. Maybe it's gotten better.
    Prior to the Heathrow Express, Gatwick was the easier airport to get to from central London.

30 minute train to/from Victoria still isn't too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Prior to the Heathrow Express, Gatwick was the easier airport to get to from central London.

Ya, i think I was warned off because a) where I needed to go was a lot easier from Heathrow and b) I was considering Stansted, not Gatwick. Lulz. Now that I've spent a few minutes looking at it, Gatwick seems really easy for a possible trip in 2025, assuming US Citizens will still be allowed to leave the US without government permission.

Yeah the Stansted train isn't great. 50 minutes or so. I frequently use it to get to my Dad when I travel over there since he lives close by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

Yeah, Gatwick Express to Victoria and there's also the Southern and ThamesLink rail lines. Seems pretty convenient, just a bit farther away from Central London than Heathrow.