Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by billhill View Post
    I don't have a boot to measure right now. Will have all the tech details/recycled story next week. Stay tuned..
    Thanks bill

2025 Scarpa Quattro Pro for your viewing pleasure. Stated flex is 135 I believe and no recycled materials in the shell. I will have more tech details next week
    That ski/walk mechanism looks far more burly than the XT.

2025 Scarpa Quattro Pro for your viewing pleasure. Stated flex is 135 I believe and no recycled materials in the shell. I will have more tech details next weekAttachment 481939

My goodness those are pretty. Idk if it is just the photo or angle or what but the pro looks to have a similar clog last to the Maestrale, and looks higher in the instep than the Quattro XT ��

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    My goodness those are pretty. Idk if it is just the photo or angle or what but the pro looks to have a similar clog last to the Maestrale, and looks higher in the instep than the Quattro XT ��
    That would be a huge bummer. Then they shouldn’t have the quattro name

SCARPA 4 Quattro

Looks similar to me. We’ll see what BillHill finds:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1704723305.005307.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	582.8 KB 
ID:	482107

The taper in front of the heel is flat.

Name:	Image1704723319.856675.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	482108

Compared to alpine sole:

Name:	Image1704723350.143088.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	482109

Sent via iPhone
    Slidewright.com
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

It's probably just the angle, but it does look like it has a slightly higher instep which would be a huge bummer I love the fit on the Quattro XT.

It's probably just the angle, but it does look like it has a slightly higher instep which would be a huge bummer I love the fit on the Quattro XT.
    As someone who loves my mastrales and wished the quattro had a higher instep I am hoping it is not just an photo angle

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    As someone who loves my mastrales and wished the quattro had a higher instep I am hoping it is not just an photo angle
    I love my Maestrale RS. What I would Love is a Maestrale with a tighter heel pocket.

But also the fit on Quattro is really nice for me. No heel lift no ankle hotspots no shell work needed just a mold of the liner would be it. The only reason I don't have them yet is my Maestrales have enough life to finish this season. And I'm not looking to pay almost 900 bucks for new boots right meow

Yeah agreed. There are boot brands that serve the low instep crowd, and Scarpa created a long term reputation for boots that fit med/narrow forefeet with highish arches and insteps…I don’t see any advantage for Scarpa to now switch to the low instep last for just one model in their line. It’s like BMW coming out with a pickup truck.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Yeah agreed. There are boot brands that serve the low instep crowd, and Scarpa created a long term reputation for boots that fit med/narrow forefeet with highish arches and insteps…I don’t see any advantage for Scarpa to now switch to the low instep last for just one model in their line. It’s like BMW coming out with a pickup truck.
    Every Scarpa I've skied had pretty low insteps...Hurricane, Mobe, Freedom RS, and now 4-Quattro. When I was shopping for the F1s, I tried on Fischers, Heads, and Atomics and they all had way too much volume over the instep for me. F1 fits like a tight glove.

Shrug. Skimoco sells a shit ton of AT boots and I’m just relaying their conclusions. One of the only boots perfect for me out of the box. They specifically got me in F1s because of my high instep. It’s been years since I tried on Freedoms or Mobes, I don’t recall how they fit. I.e. I see what you’re saying.

Maestrale XT also fit me out of the box perfectly. Didn’t even mold the liners.

Out of curiosity I tried some of the boots at Skimoco they said were low instep, like the original Skorpius and the Backland. Couldn’t even get them on. I’d have to shave down my instep with a machete to fit those boots.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Every Scarpa I've skied had pretty low insteps...Hurricane, Mobe, Freedom RS, and now 4-Quattro. When I was shopping for the F1s, I tried on Fischers, Heads, and Atomics and they all had way too much volume over the instep for me. F1 fits like a tight glove.
    And fun AF! The Hurricanes were fine, but skiing the replacement Quattros today are another level of fun & control. I'm glad the replacements arrived for the new snow.

Since I 1st converted from leather tele boots to T2s, then T3s, I realized I have a Scarpa foot and have yet to have fit or skiing/touring issues. Even for hiking and approach shoes, along with hiking boots. I've tried others and wondered why bother. Scarpas just work for my needs.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

There unfortunately really aren't. The original Skorpius aside, out of about 20 touring boots on our wall the quattro can fit the lowest instep. It's an outlier and for us low instep folks it's pretty exciting. If you have a higher instep the zero g or radical pro will likely fit better and imo ski and walk pretty damn close. Or for that matter the maestrale isn't far off in performance (and you get a rubber sole!).

Obviously that decision by scarpa is long made and we're just muttering amongst ourselves, but I think the quattro currently offers a unique fit and making it higher volume would make it more of an also-ran in the segment
    Last edited by WhetherMan; 01-09-2024 at 08:37 PM.

In the spirit of ‘muttering amongst ourselves’, Dynafit has gained a reputation (eg hoji free) for not working great with high insteps. Then they come out with the Tigard, which in addition to large ankle volume fits high insteps (some say it requires a high instep).

I.e. they pulled a move opposite of what Scarpa did in this Crossover category. Yes, it’s great you have a boot to sell customers on your wall with very low instep volume. We’re just saying ideally it would be a brand generally known for that fit.

The Radical Pro isn’t generally considered to even be in this alpine/AT crossover category, can you explain your recommendation? I’ve tried it on at mammoth mtneering, seemed to barely warrant the 120 flex rating. But you’re absolutely right, unlike my typical dynafit exerience, it fit my instep much better than the Free. So much for my brand theory.

I’ve known Dave for 30 yrs and have been shopping at mammoth mtneering since it was by the movie theatre. I probably have met you and promise to pick your brain when I’m in the shop next.

More updates: It appears the new 4-Quattro Pro shares the same Grilamid Bio and Pebax Renew materials as the 4-Quattro XT shell. That is what they are publishing in the catalog. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scarpa Quattro Pro 2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	482698Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scarpa Quattro Pro 3.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	482699

The connection point for the hike/ski mechanism in the rear of the Quattro Pro is more substantial. Definitely wider and beefier. Flex is called a 130+ so use your own detective methods as to what the number really is.

Price will be $950 so it will be interesting to see what the market says to that.

There is also a lock out feature on the hike/ski mech for the Quattro Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Punching these is a breeze if anyone cares. You only need the ball and your hands
    I want to make my 4 Quattro XTs fit more like Scarpa F1s in the forefoot. I like the low instep but there's not enough room for my toes compared with other Scarpas in the same size. How does using a ball work?

I've watched youtube videos where they use a welding clamp with a ball on the end to punch out sections of a boot, is there an easier way to make these boots just a little roomier in front?

Looks like the new maestrale clog, guess the fit is changing.

Hope I’m wrong, what’s the bsl?

In the spirit of ‘muttering amongst ourselves’, Dynafit has gained a reputation (eg hoji free) for not working great with high insteps. Then they come out with the Tigard, which in addition to large ankle volume fits high insteps (some say it requires a high instep).
    The recent TLT/blacklight boots are pretty high volume, high instep along with the Tigard. The Radical Pro is kinda medium volume all over. And yeah, the Hoji Free has a very low instep. So I'd more argue that dynafit is all over the place, to our collective frustration.

I.e. they pulled a move opposite of what Scarpa did in this Crossover category. Yes, it’s great you have a boot to sell customers on your wall with very low instep volume. We’re just saying ideally it would be a brand generally known for that fit.

The Radical Pro isn’t generally considered to even be in this alpine/AT crossover category, can you explain your recommendation? I’ve tried it on at mammoth mtneering, seemed to barely warrant the 120 flex rating. But you’re absolutely right, unlike my typical dynafit exerience, it fit my instep much better than the Free. So much for my brand theory.

I’ve known Dave for 30 yrs and have been shopping at mammoth mtneering since it was by the movie theatre. I probably have met you and promise to pick your brain when I’m in the shop next.
    Idk if I had to rank them, I'd say quattro skis the best, then zero g, then radical pro, but that they're probably close enough to just buy what fits you. I wouldn't ski any of them inbounds personally, but other good skiers at the shop do (including the radical). Those gents are smaller than me though. Selfishly I really wish Scarpa had put a rubber sole on the quattro (and dropped the crossover marketing).

Look forward to arguing about it in person sometime!!

SCARPA 4 Quattro

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    Idk if I had to rank them, I'd say quattro skis the best, then zero g, then radical pro, but that they're probably close enough to just buy what fits you. I wouldn't ski any of them inbounds personally, but other good skiers at the shop do (including the radical). Those gents are smaller than me though. Selfishly I really wish Scarpa had put a rubber sole on the quattro (and dropped the crossover marketing).

Look forward to arguing about it in person sometime!!
    You’d have to drop the GripWalk option then, eh?

From what Scarpa said, reviews, the specs and pictures, etc, there looks like there are some similarities between the new RS & XT in terms of at least the upper, ski lock and flex. The fit sounds more similar, too. I’d be curious about how they truly compared for skiing and touring.

FWIW, the past couple weeks of hard area skiing of groomers, bumps, crud and powder, the replacement XTs are money.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Maybe the Quattro Pro is the replacement for the Maestrale XT. And has a more Maestrale type fit, maybe it just looks like that and it retains the quattro's lower volume fit. (which would be nice)

First product listing I've seen for the pro: https://www.bentgate.com/scarpa-4-qu...oot-green.html

side note: really struggling to get a good downhill feel out of my XTs. They're very comfortable and walk incredibly well. Instep, heel lock all feel great but can't seem to drive them at all without them feeling like they'll collapse.
    Last edited by flyingskiguy; 02-21-2024 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingskiguy View Post
    First product listing I've seen for the pro: https://www.bentgate.com/scarpa-4-qu...oot-green.html

side note: really struggling to get a good downhill feel out of my XTs. They're very comfortable and walk incredibly well. Instep, heel lock all feel great but can't seem to drive them at all without them feeling like they'll collapse. Am I expecting too much? I've tried the 15 and 17 degree leans - anyone running 19?
    From that listing definitely the same last as current Quattro that's very exciting.

From that listing definitely the same last as current Quattro that's very exciting.
    well one of us was going to be disappointed and it looks like it is me

well one of us was going to be disappointed and it looks like it is me
    Yeah but the current gen Maestrale RS keeps a higher volume fit, and continues to be a very strong downhill boot