Page 58 of 122 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 3049
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I laughed
    Me too.

Go git sum. Seems to be warming up to normal cold. And yet many hills are closed.

It’s a dry cold

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Consider moving to Oregon or new Jersey. All full service gas

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    NJ swapped to self serve before i moved out of there. Maybe has full serve at higher price? hard to remember -over 15 yrs ago.

hope you're having a good season ! I hiked my demin ass up main chute at alta 2 days ago

I went out and shoveled for an hour, couple base layers were adequate as it's up to -5º and not windy. I really don't trust the lifts to be honest and the snow that I see on the mountain cams and watching people ski with binocs looks like that crappy cold blueboard shit.
    Gonna take a nap now and wait for that winning lotto ticket so I can order the RS.
    YMMV

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230204_142607.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	856.5 KB 
ID:	446085
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    NJ swapped to self serve before i moved out of there. Maybe has full serve at higher price? hard to remember -over 15 yrs ago.
    It is still against the law in NJ to pump your own gas.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

I went out and shoveled for an hour, couple base layers were adequate as it's up to -5º and not windy. I really don't trust the lifts to be honest and the snow that I see on the mountain cams and watching people ski with binocs looks like that crappy cold blueboard shit.
    Gonna take a nap now and wait for that winning lotto ticket so I can order the RS.
    YMMV

Name:	20230204_142607.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	856.5 KB 
ID:	446085
    Buy yourself a pair of them fancy Lentz socks with your winning ticket. They are a game changer

Heading back below 0* at Magic right now. Should be 4* when I get up in the morning. Real winter for48 hours and then back to the tropics....

Was pretty cold today around here, so ended up spending the day brewery hopping.

Name:	Image1675547219.210965.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	446094

Name:	Image1675547277.319700.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	446095

Glad to see that Portland is still a great incubator for brewmasters, despite the titans that dominate the scene these days.

Abram is gonna need to set the groomers to mulch tonight. That knocked a ton of wood down onto the trails.

I really don't trust the lifts to be honest
    Spoken like a true Sugarbush skier. We’ve been joking of marketing a SB self evacuation kit. Webbing for a swami belt and a couple of beeners. Maybe add a prusik for extra safety. One of the group gets stuck with the length of rope. Spent enough time on stopped lifts there to have it pretty well planned out. It started out as just the Northridge evacuation kit but seems like now it should just be the SB evacuation kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Spoken like a true Sugarbush skier. We’ve been joking of marketing a SB self evacuation kit. Webbing for a swami belt and a couple of beeners. Maybe add a prusik for extra safety. One of the group gets stuck with the length of rope. Spent enough time on stopped lifts there to have it pretty well planned out. It started out as just the Northridge evacuation kit but seems like now it should just be the SB evacuation kit.
    I'd laugh much harder if this didn't make me so sad

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    .... self evacuation kit....
    we've been carrying that gear for years

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Had a hard stop on hells gate last year.
    Thank dog the bar was down.
    Never seen that much bounce. I expected a detachment or derailment.
    Made me a convert to bar always down. You never know.

Mt Washington was a little breezy...

https://twitter.com/forecaster25/sta...98650022363142
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Had a hard stop on hells gate last year.
    Thank dog the bar was down.
    Never seen that much bounce. I expected a detachment or derailment.
    Made me a convert to bar always down. You never know.
    I've always been a bar down person. You never know is so true. I take a lot of risks that I'm in control of. If I'm not entirely in control I take every safety measure available because I don't trust anyone, especially inanimate objects.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I've always been a bar down person. You never know is so true. I take a lot of risks that I'm in control of. If I'm not entirely in control I take every safety measure available because I don't trust anyone, especially inanimate objects.
    I trust inanimate objects far more than I trust most people.

On most lifts, I also trust my ability to grab on before the lift runs out of forward swing or upwards bounce. Fancy bubble chairs are a significant exception--nothing to grab.

A lot of that comes from skiing in Maine, where using bars is optional, far more than anywhere else. I'm still convinced that if bars were that much of a safety improvement, there wouldn't be any chairs operating without them in the US, but there are quite a few.

Sent using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    I trust inanimate objects far more than I trust most people.

On most lifts, I also trust my ability to grab on before the lift runs out of forward swing or upwards bounce. Fancy bubble chairs are a significant exception--nothing to grab.

A lot of that comes from skiing in Maine, where using bars is optional, far more than anywhere else. I'm still convinced that if bars were that much of a safety improvement, there wouldn't be any chairs operating without them in the US, but there are quite a few.

Sent using TGR Forums mobile app

So you think that bars are not safer?

What peer review experiment have you done yourself to show this to be true?

I am not saying that riding with out a bar is dangerous. I am saying it has to be more dangerous. especially in times of wind, or people having health issues.

Yeah, that’s why i still smoke and fuck seat belts too.

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    we've been carrying that gear for years

Name:  IMG_1200.JPG
Views: 449
Size:  59.7 KB

I think the one at Park City was really tough - the gentleman/ski patroller got ejected from the chair when a tree fell on it. Super sad. Lots of speculation that the bar wasn't down.

If you ski in Europe - make sure you are wearing a helmet, bar comes down in no less than one second of leaving the bottom terminal by other riders on the lift.

24º bob which is an improvement of 49º over yesterday. Cloudy and windy w/bravo on winhold™ currently.

I carried a length of p-cord to aid in self rescue after a horror shoe evacuation off the GMX in '94. We were so stiff when they got us off it took 20 minutes in the lodge before we could stand up straight. They gave us the usual hot chocolate coupon which we took to the Green Mountain Lodge, Ricardi said "It was you guys stuck out there? you need this" and poured a generous shot of Jamisons in our cups.

Had some interesting times working for Doppelmayr in '95 moving that lift.

Getting set to tagline the crane down from the upper terminal, hold on! One of the Dopp guys warned Tiki that the cranes brakes could overheat and fail before we started. So we start down Upper Looking Good and make it about 100 yards and my dozer is strung between the crane and the 690 with only the right rear 4' of track touching the ground. Not being anywhere near the steep section of our trip I honk on the horn to stop. A quick discussion reveals Tiki wasn't using any brakes to "save them", How about using some fucking brake? Went fairly smooth after that.

Name:	20230204_184149.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	446222
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I confess to having enjoyed the raw dog no bar feeling. But damn. If I had no bar down and was slightly forward I would have made a red snow cone on that heavens gate hard stop.
    Everyone was freaked.

So why are the SB lifts so fucked? I’ve had thousands of hard stops but nothing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I confess to having enjoyed the raw dog no bar feeling. But damn. If I had no bar down and was slightly forward I would have made a red snow cone on that heavens gate hard stop.
    Everyone was freaked.

So why are the SB lifts so fucked? I’ve had thousands of hard stops but nothing like that.
    Sugarbush has been rawdogging them for years.

Name:	20230204_184149.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	446222
    Nice turtleneck

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Nice turtleneck
    All I see is a weight lifting belt.