Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    And what ND said is what my friends that moved to TV 15 years, before Kevo say. Ya'll sound like Randall in Clerks.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

Opining on the stress levels of elementary school teachers in Driggs...so hot right now!

Personally know any? Pro tip: my hypotheticals ain't

Are you alright? Dude there’s a big world outside of the areas you mention. Of course most anywhere is crowded on weekends. We make decisions about how we want to live our lives. Complaining about a situation that you choose is pointless because you can change it if you’re motivated and willing to sacrifice in some way. I’m not really down with pity parties on a forum filled with incredibly privileged people

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You'd kill it at career day at the Jr. High. You could say things like, "if you don't hold yourself accountable you are just a passenger in your own life".

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    You'd kill it at career day at the Jr. High. You could say things like, "if you don't hold yourself accountable you are just a passenger in your own life".

Add something about diversity and being "all inclusive" for the big win.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

A-Basin skiers can eat a bag of dicks

I’m not sure what your beef with me is. The only person responsible for your happiness and path in life is you.

Listening to entitled adults complain about parking reservations and how it’s going to ruin their lives when it comes to skiing is laughable. Get a grip, I love skiing too but things like this don’t make me “livid”. If this is someone’s biggest problem they should step back and reassess their priorities.

This thread drift could easily merge with the current “midlife” thread. Buncha fucking whiners.

I don't know you. I just responded to the fart sniffing life advice. Then Kevo doubled down.

In a thread about skiing the busy front range mountains you guys came with your tone deaf bullshit, And unless you know somebody personally, maybe temper the privilege shitck.

Nothing more, nothing less. less.

Double double

I don't know you. I just responded to the fart sniffing life advice. Then Kevo doubled down.

In a thread about skiing the busy front range mountains you guys came with your tone deaf bullshit, And unless you know somebody personally, maybe temper the privilege shitck.

Nothing more, nothing less. less.

Everyone skiing is privileged, Jesus Christ. I’m not tone deaf at all, I’m actually listening. If something like this parking reservation issue actually makes you angry you should probably reassess. Make life changes or stop whining.

It’s not like I’m talking out of my ass. I was in a similar position 20 years ago living in the Bay Area. Skiing was getting to be intolerable for me and my family. We decided to make a sacrifice for a better quality of life even though it meant making a third of what I was making there. We moved to a podunk town in eastern WA near a smaller ski area, cheaper housing and decent schools. I work in a hospital, I’m not some remote worker DINK. Maybe you’re the one that’s tone deaf.

Oh, this thread was started by some privileged ski coach dork from NYC, not by the oppressed Front Range weekend warriors.

You know I don't live in the Front Range nor is A Basin my home mountain right?

I'm glad you are stoked on your life choices.

This is a ski fourm on the internet. Somepeople are bitching about skiing being more of a hassle.

You brought the self help podcast.

So you’re just a white knight?

Please. I happen to agree with you about life being what you make it and parking reservation ain't something to come unglued about.

But style and counts and using yourself as an example about how to be a master of your own destiny doesn't work for me.

utah and tahoe have had their time to bitch so why don't we get ours. I guess this is just where we are at now and we will come to accept it or move on but at the moment I still think it sucks. Also, not having viable public transit for most people or some type of satellite lot from summit co is just the icing on the cake to me. It would take me like an hour and a half or something like that to get there by bus from silverthorne.

ok looked it up I guess its 55 minutes. the last time I took the bus there they had a 30 minute layover in keystone, seems like they cleaned that up a bit to 10 minutes.

The no bus does suck. It's been getting better at WP. Both places are a bit cursed by city skiers getting to the mountain before the town.

Part of the issue with the park and ride is the facilities still have to get built and nobody wants to pay.

Just have to join the Yellowstone club. Pfft.. problem solved..

So should we transform TGR into a forum on the best charitable organizations in the mtn west?
    It’s a fucking thread on abasin! People are allowed to bitch about new parking policies.
    It’s like people on here that go on the tech talk 300 gr binding thread and say “it’s only 50 grams, who cares?” in response to some question re a helio 200 vs 140. If hearing locals talk about the nuances of their local hill is gonna set you off, don’t click in.
    And if the threshold for discussion topics is being above any privilege, we should shut the whole site down.
    Ridiculous.

You know I don't live in the Front Range nor is A Basin my home mountain right?
    Eastern WA bitterness

During COVID, the reservation system was pretty easy at Wanker Park. But there has to be a penalty for no show. Otherwise the spots will go unused. How does it work at Alta and SorryDude?

Quote Originally Posted by 3s View Post
    Eastern WA bitterness
    It’s a terrible affliction

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    So should we transform TGR into a forum on the best charitable organizations in the mtn west?
    It’s a fucking thread on abasin! People are allowed to bitch about new parking policies.
    It’s like people on here that go on the tech talk 300 gr binding thread and say “it’s only 50 grams, who cares?” in response to some question re a helio 200 vs 140. If hearing locals talk about the nuances of their local hill is gonna set you off, don’t click in.
    And if the threshold for discussion topics is being above any privilege, we should shut the whole site down.
    Ridiculous.
    If you go back to why this thread was started this latest tangent makes a lot of sense

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Summit/Vail County is as close to urbanized mountains as we have in the west no? Embrace it if you are lucky enough to live it.
    Have you heard of SLC?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Have you heard of SLC?
    Yeah. You are right. Summit County as a satellite metro to the front range metropolis is its own special animal and I think unique in its complexity, but Park City and the Cottonwoods probably come close and are dealing with similar no win predicaments.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

During COVID, the reservation system was pretty easy at Wanker Park. But there has to be a penalty for no show. Otherwise the spots will go unused. How does it work at Alta and SorryDude?

Alta: pass holders get two free rolling resis. Once you use one you can rebook. Something like half of the spots are opened up at the beginning of the year and the other half a week out. All ikons users and anything over the two pass resis are $20. You still pay the $20 if you don’t show but if you cancel you get it back. Resi is transferable to a different plate. After 1pm no resi needed. Afaik no further penalties for not showing.

Soli isn’t reservations, just pay to park on a sliding scale based on how many in your car.

Nicest thing about Alta’s system is that you don’t have to stress about getting a spot on the weekend. If you have a resi you are good. Worst thing is that is can be tough to get the reservations if you aren’t thinking a decent amount ahead.

Funny thing about the Basin is, that a lot of the people that show up this time of year are not even there to ski. The beach scene on weekends is pretty nuts. Yesterday there were some college kids from CU with a DJ and a dance party(in a non-reserved spot). Fuck yeah! They were having a blast. There were tons of college age kids just hanging out, mingling, drinking beers in the parking lot. I'm all for it. I have, at times, been part of that and had a lot of fun. Lift lines were nonexistent, on a Saturday in March. Of course, conditions were non-epic.

98% of my days there I am all about the skiing, but I'd hate to see the parking lot scene go away because of the parking resi. But I predict that is exactly what will happen unfortunately. On the bright side, maybe more people will be there to ski. Who knows, only time will tell right?

I am wondering what they'll do about letting people in when people with a reservation leave before 1p. Which is pretty common. I showed up at 1p yesterday and the kid at the gate didn't want to let me in even though there were tons of spots available. He eventually relented and I parked right up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Funny thing about the Basin is, that a lot of the people that show up this time of year are not even there to ski. The beach scene on weekends is pretty nuts. Yesterday there were some college kids from CU with a DJ and a dance party(in a non-reserved spot). Fuck yeah! They were having a blast. There were tons of college age kids just hanging out, mingling, drinking beers in the parking lot. I'm all for it. I have, at times, been part of that and had a lot of fun. Lift lines were nonexistent, on a Saturday in March. Of course, conditions were non-epic.

98% of my days there I am all about the skiing, but I'd hate to see the parking lot scene go away because of the parking resi. But I predict that is exactly what will happen unfortunately. On the bright side, maybe more people will be there to ski. Who knows, only time will tell right?

I am wondering what they'll do about letting people in when people with a reservation leave before 1p. Which is pretty common. I showed up at 1p yesterday and the kid at the gate didn't want to let me in even though there were tons of spots available. He eventually relented and I parked right up front.
    I remember one Easter Sunday on the Beach, there was a big rave going on with hot tubs of girls in bikinis, a stripper pole and DJ. That shit was fun to watch.