Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Any thoughts on Aspen vs Snowmass for tomorrow AM? Sounds like it was pretty slow everywhere today, is either one more likely to be holding stashes at this point ? Probably going to wait to hit Highlands until Sat until we are a bit acclimated for the bowl hikes

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Any thoughts on Aspen vs Snowmass for tomorrow AM? Sounds like it was pretty slow everywhere today, is either one more likely to be holding stashes at this point ? Probably going to wait to hit Highlands until Sat until we are a bit acclimated for the bowl hikes
    Bowl will be the play for the most fresh snow, but if you’re saving that for later then Snowmass gated terrain (cirque and hanging valley) is usually my go to for nice soft snow a few days after a storm
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Anyone know the official/unofficial policy on using the Ruthies restaurant deck and if it'll be accessible this weekend due to FIS prep? Looking to have a little get together on Ajax and want it to be byob which rules out sundeck or bonnies. Buckhorn cabin is AspenX-ified and all booked out, so seems like Ruthies or the picnic tables further down Buckhorn are the two best options but don't want to step on any toes
    Tourtelotte Park picnic tables or pick a shrine

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Bowl will be the play for the most fresh snow, but if you’re saving that for later then Snowmass gated terrain (cirque and hanging valley) is usually my go to for nice soft snow a few days after a storm
    Yeah , figured the bowl would have the most fresh, but the Mrs. wants to give it a day first, so Snowmass gates sounds like a plan . Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Tourtelotte Park picnic tables
    That’s a good call.

Yeah , figured the bowl would have the most fresh, but the Mrs. wants to give it a day first, so Snowmass gates sounds like a plan . Thanks !
    Hit the VX @ 8:30. Couple of laps on the Knob, Powderhorn down to Campground. Back up the Burn around 9:50 to catch the Poma opening at 10. Traverse all the way to the Wall. Up Elk Camp lift to hike to Long Shot or Aline Glades.

Awesome, thanks for the guide. If anyone is around today and wants to make some turns give a shout

when you drop into any of the gated terrain, get to the end of the first feature and go to the side.. ski fresh.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Thanks for the tips all. Great day at Snowmass w plenty of leftover pockets off the Poma and Hanging Valley hikes. Heading to Highlands tomorrow

Thanks for the tips all. Great day at Snowmass w plenty of leftover pockets off the Poma and Hanging Valley hikes. Heading to Highlands tomorrow
    Did Ajax today with my Seventeen year old nephew. Hitting snow mass tomorrow. Ajax was fun today. Everyone in town was talking about crowds but it seemed really quiet to me after a week I Vail. Thanks again for the the hookup on the voucher to the local mag.

I have an extra voucher and will be out at Snowmass early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Did Ajax today with my Seventeen year old nephew. Hitting snow mass tomorrow. Ajax was fun today. Everyone in town was talking about crowds but it seemed really quiet to me after a week I Vail. Thanks again for the the hookup on the voucher to the local mag.
    This weekend is about as busy as we get here. I put in a lot of Vail weekend/pow days years ago and it’s night/day. Can’t imagine the lines there this weekend…

Beautiful day in Tiehack. Laps with the boys in the morning and a skin up Main to the firepit with a buddy in the afternoon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29328613-ECB2-4405-8092-F34BB4EBE33B.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	898.7 KB 
ID:	448282

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A35B5A89-8BAB-480A-852A-77B428A2CC27.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	510.8 KB 
ID:	448283

Yeah, you guys have it very special with the "crowds" out here , relative to most places on a peak Touron holiday weekend. Planned on hitting Highlands today but got a late start and called audible to Ajax. Other than one maybe under 10 min line at the Gondi late AM when we skiied all the way down, lines were virtually non-existent. It's kind of incredible.

Started the day w Washes which was chalkey and fun, spent most of the day lapping backside of bells and the trees on the ridge down from FIS (I suck at names). Fun bumps and little pockets of fresh shockingly still hanging around. Spring like bumps toward the bottom were a treat too.

Either hitting highland or snowmass tomorrow. If a Mag contingent is heading to Snowmass , would love to meet up for some turns !

2022-23 Aspen/Roaring Fork Valley Conditions

Trifecta of microwave, fanny pack and shoulder purse got lost on her way to Ajax tavern and ended up at the alehouseClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1676849932.064458.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	234.8 KB 
ID:	448363
    Last edited by dcpnz; 02-20-2023 at 05:56 PM.

Saw a lot of aluminum foil outfits while in Aspen/Snowmass.

Thanks RFV mags for letting me shred some of your pow and corduroy. It's definitely worth the price of admission. Longest lift line was on Friday around 10:15 am at the Cirque poma drag lift. About 15 minutes. Was worth the wait.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Kooks spraying 100k $ in champagne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if I am impressed or disgusted...

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Not sure if I am impressed or disgusted...
    Most people that live here are disgusted.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Trifecta of microwave, fanny pack and shoulder purse got lost on her way to Ajax tavern and ended up at the alehouseClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1676849932.064458.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	234.8 KB 
ID:	448363
    Her boots are a size too big, if not two. And yes, Cloud Nine and Aspen X are disgusting.

First time skiing Highlands in 15 years today. Here for a “work” trip and came out a day early to skip driving in the brunt of the storm.

Will be ripping around solo in black pants and green/yellow/black bd jacket on Dynastars. Feel free to say hey!

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    First time skiing Highlands in 15 years today. Here for a “work” trip and came out a day early to skip driving in the brunt of the storm.

Will be ripping around solo in black pants and green/yellow/black bd jacket on Dynastars. Feel free to say hey!
    Was on snowmass today, but good timing as it is darn good sticking out there currently. Probably best day of the year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    Was on snowmass today, but good timing as it is darn good sticking out there currently. Probably best day of the year so far.
    It was really hammering in the middle of the day, then broke blue around 2:30. Hopefully can get out for some turns tomorrow!

Shitty morning for Aspen kids and families; stressful, dramatic morning but thankfully everything is ok. The mobilization of emergency responders from the whole valley and the prep at the AVH ER were really impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    It was really hammering in the middle of the day, then broke blue around 2:30. Hopefully can get out for some turns tomorrow!

Shitty morning for Aspen kids and families; stressful, dramatic morning but thankfully everything is ok. The mobilization of emergency responders from the whole valley and the prep at the AVH ER were really impressive.
    Saw a note on the Aspen-Highlands website that the access to AH was closed at 9:15AM. Hope it wasn't anything too serious.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Saw a note on the Aspen-Highlands website that the access to AH was closed at 9:15AM. Hope it wasn't anything too serious.
    Saw the news, looks like some shitbird went down a list of random CO schools and called in hoax shooter threats to a bunch. Hope they nail their ass to the wall, and vibes to all the Aspen locals who undoubtedly had a stressful day.

On a less serious note, had a blast out in your little neck of the woods , got out just in time Tues PM to miss the snow 🙄

Great meeting Shredhead for some AM groomer laps Sunday at Snowmass! Caught the opening of the Poma post control work right after he split for home , had a great windfilled lap through Hanging Valley headwall , then went up to Burnt My Glades which had deeper pockets throughout.

Made it to Highlands and hiked the bowl, which was windfilled nicely in the Gs, fun to get back up there after 10 years. Then at the bottom below the flats, my dumbass stopped to take a pic of the wife, forgot to zipper my chest pocket, and lost my phone in the bowl bottom there. Found a great patroller who volunteered to help me look for it, so we beatered back into the bowl after a short hike from the top of the cat , but no dice on the search. Now it's likely under a bunch of new snow, oh well. Serious props to the patroller, he was extremely helpful and a great ambassador for the mountain!

Other than that great moment of stupidity, and missing out on this storm, a great trip. Shockingly short lift lines and crowds for a busy holiday weekend. Capped off our trip with some great people watching at Karaoke at the Silver Dollar Bar Monday.

Enjoy the storm and hope to catch up with a few more people for some turns next time ! You guys really have an incredible place out there

Got caught in the backup right before Buttermilk where I was planning on parking and taking the bus anyways. Watching all those cop cars rip next to me nonstop for 30+ minutes was pretty crazy. Nearly turned around and went to Carbondale when I heard the initial news that it was a school shooting. I'm really glad that no one was hurt and finding out everyone was okay made my whole day. Ended up doing a few laps at Ajax first before making my way to Highlands around noon.

Holy shit ya'll have an awesome mountain here. Zero crowds and steep terrain. Was my best inbounds pow day of the year by far.

I love to see so many of you discovering how lucky we are with snow and terrain...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.