Page 84 of 149 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 3701
    The Gordy Camps were ideal for what you are asking for , and at a good price relative to similar, unfortunately he stopped them more than a few years ago. I've heard mixed things about Steep and Deep at Jackson ,probably depends on the group / instructor you get. There is something to be said for an intense multi day camp like that if you can pull it off though. The repetition and same group / coaches can be really valuable.

Just drove by Mt. Olympus
    Medusa's Face needs to be slayed!
    Holy hell!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230331_000924688.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	453805

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    The Gordy Camps were ideal for what you are asking for , and at a good price relative to similar, unfortunately he stopped them more than a few years ago. I've heard mixed things about Steep and Deep at Jackson ,probably depends on the group / instructor you get. There is something to be said for an intense multi day camp like that if you can pull it off though. The repetition and same group / coaches can be really valuable.
    Fair warning: There can be a hidden cost to these programs.

I went to a Steep & Deep camp in Jackson Hole with Doug Coombs (might have been 1994) — and it changed my life. Moved to Jackson and organized the rest of my life around skiing. Go into it with eyes open!

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Holy hell!

Wow! What a shot & what a face!

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post

Another thing that I think is invaluable that seems lost on many strong uphill skiers in the wasatch is just how many repetitions can help improve your skiing skills. the old connecting one neuron to another, over and over again.... that is, get a ski pass and ride lifts, if you don't already
    Seriously, just do this before you start dropping lots of money on lessons and camps.

Holy hell!

Good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    Nice gesture, D Roc!

Ski lesson question - I would consider myself an advanced skier but self-taught. I want to be an advanced/expert+ skier and professionally taught. Recommendations for lessons? Are lessons independent of a ski area available? If not, I will just go to Alta ski school.
    https://skiportillo.com/en/ski-camp/...ortillo-chile/

https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/c...ak-skis-ep-226

That looks fun. Not sure how it would compare to the old GP camps. Definitely pricey.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Just scoped 3-4 tracks down Medusas Face put in today - they got at least one spicy slab to release in their line (worst case scenario IMO, jesus) and further down from that they bailed and made a long traverse out to safety to the top of Zeuss Chute (but didn't ski that chute). Cool to see from the backyard. Above-Lookers left to where they dropped in has a more beautiful aesthetically pleasing line laid in though, but I can't see more than a few turns before it's obscured by rock walls. God job, stranger.
    Holy hell!

I wouldn't touch that now, but yeah someone probably will soon because it's the Wasatch. You can barely see old tracks up high that I mentioned days ago above - and a buried fracture they set off on their descent, and a second lower down much more obvious fracture that might have been a natural yesterday. And no one is skiing it with ropes this year it seems.

But, it looks real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Seriously, just do this before you start dropping lots of money on lessons and camps.
    So he can repeat bad habits over and over and over and ingrain them into his muscle memory? Lessons first, then go for repetition, in my opinion.

So he can repeat bad habits over and over and over and ingrain them into his muscle memory? Lessons first, then go for repetition, in my opinion.
    Agreed. Get a lesson then go smash as much vert as possible every year.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I am here to tell you that we must build the LCC gondola, and we must build it now!

The gondola is the key to our future. It is the only thing that can save our state from the clutches of the wealthy and the powerful.

The wealthy and the powerful have had their way for too long. They have built their mansions in the mountains, and they have blocked access to the slopes for the rest of us. But that is all about to change.

The LCC gondola will open up the mountains to everyone. It will give young skiers the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of our state and to connect with nature. It will give them the opportunity to learn about our history and our culture. And it will give them the opportunity to make lifelong friends.

The LCC gondola is a matter of social justice. It is a matter of environmental justice. It is a matter of economic justice. And it is a matter of generational justice.

We must not let the wealthy and the powerful stand in our way. We must build the LCC gondola, and we must build it now!

"Behold, I say unto you that this is the way; and there is none other way nor any other name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God." (2 Nephi 31:19)

The LCC gondola is the way. It is the only way to save our state and to ensure a bright future for our children, with hand jobs from beautiful women while riding to their dreams.

I urge you to join me in building the LCC gondola. Together, we can create a better future for all.
    Last edited by ThirdsSkier696969; 03-30-2023 at 10:19 PM.

^funny guy

Cold Smoke insanity after work....

Name:	WK1.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	453833

Name:	WK2.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	453834

Name:  wk3.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  370.6 KB

Name:  wk4.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  346.0 KB

fugn'a good
    Last edited by mar123; 03-30-2023 at 10:44 PM.

A big fuck you to Gondola Works for spamming the forum.

Thanks mar123 for the palate cleanser, what a shitty post about the gondola lmao

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    A big fuck you to Gondola Works for spamming the forum.
    My dear friend, I understand your frustration with Gondola Works and their advocacy for the LCC gondola. However, I must say that I disagree with your dismissal of this innovative and forward-thinking project.

You see, the LCC gondola is not just a means of transportation, but a symbol of progress and a catalyst for change. By reducing traffic congestion and improving air quality, it will lead to a healthier and more vibrant community. And with less time spent sitting in traffic, people will have more time to pursue their passions and connect with one another.

This increased connectivity and vitality will undoubtedly lead to more procreation and economic prosperity. If you'd ever received a hand job on a gondola you would understand, Squirrel Murphy certainly does. With a more robust and dynamic community, we can expect to see an increase in fertility rates, as well as greater economic opportunities and growth.

So while I understand your frustration with Gondola Works and their marketing tactics, I believe that we should look beyond the superficial and embrace the potential benefits of the LCC gondola. It's time to move beyond the limitations of the past and embrace a more vibrant and sustainable future.

^haha
    Name:  wk5.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  67.4 KB

I wouldn't touch that now, but yeah someone probably will soon because it's the Wasatch. You can barely see old tracks up high that I mentioned days ago above - and a buried fracture they set off on their descent, and a second lower down much more obvious fracture that might have been a natural yesterday. And no one is skiing it with ropes this year it seems.

But, it looks real nice.
    I know for me I plan on doing it in the next couple weeks , with a rope tho 😂

It looks like Gondola opponents have something to hide from the public

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/29/uta..._medium=social

Pierucci has made several public comments about the gondola project that are consistent with the CCP’s interests. For example, she has said that the project would “destroy the environment” and “ruin the canyon for future generations.” These comments are designed to sow fear and doubt about the project, and they are in line with the CCP’s efforts to undermine development in the United States.

Pierucci’s comments are also consistent with the CCP’s efforts to control information. The CCP has a long history of censorship and propaganda, and Pierucci’s comments are designed to silence critics of the project. By spreading misinformation about the gondola, Pierucci is trying to prevent people from learning about the benefits of the project.

Pierucci’s comments are also consistent with the CCP’s efforts to divide and conquer. The CCP has a long history of using divide-and-conquer tactics to weaken its enemies, and Pierucci’s comments are designed to pit Utahns against each other. By sowing discord between Utahns, Pierucci is trying to make it more difficult for the project to move forward.

go make a separate thread for gondola ...obviously people here don't want to destroy our awesome season stoke with spam

Hail ULLR! what a season

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    go make a separate thread for gondola ...obviously people here don't want to destroy our awesome season stoke with spam

Hail ULLR! what a season
    All the stoke is functioning to obscure and distract from the foreign influence campaign which has the potential to jeopardize access to the canyons for generations. Wake up sheeple!

Bad troll.

It dumped last night.

Damn!! 3/31/23…

Name:	Image1680269044.574516.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	277.4 KB 
ID:	453865

Quote Originally Posted by ski_the_fraulein View Post
    Damn!! 3/31/23…

Name:	Image1680269044.574516.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	277.4 KB 
ID:	453865

Jfc

Those numbers are insane!

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdsSkier696969 View Post
    It looks like Gondola opponents have something to hide from the public

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/29/uta..._medium=social

Pierucci has made several public comments about the gondola project that are consistent with the CCP’s interests. For example, she has said that the project would “destroy the environment” and “ruin the canyon for future generations.” These comments are designed to sow fear and doubt about the project, and they are in line with the CCP’s efforts to undermine development in the United States.

Pierucci’s comments are also consistent with the CCP’s efforts to control information. The CCP has a long history of censorship and propaganda, and Pierucci’s comments are designed to silence critics of the project. By spreading misinformation about the gondola, Pierucci is trying to prevent people from learning about the benefits of the project.

Pierucci’s comments are also consistent with the CCP’s efforts to divide and conquer. The CCP has a long history of using divide-and-conquer tactics to weaken its enemies, and Pierucci’s comments are designed to pit Utahns against each other. By sowing discord between Utahns, Pierucci is trying to make it more difficult for the project to move forward.
    ^^^^is this Greg from AlpineZone?
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Alta is going to close with a 200” base.

Quote Originally Posted by ikonfreewasatch View Post
    Alta is going to close with a 200” base.
    be sweet if mineral ran that lift up by the gate after Alta closes ... give us some easy access to the goods

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"