Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    I wish they’d get tough on the lifties opening up Pine or Summit as a free for all instead of keeping people organized and moving in a mellow, peaceful fashion. I dont go to the resort to experience that kind of chaos and see friends get trampled.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    They have done this for years now

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    You rode into that freezer.

I wish they’d get tough on the lifties opening up Pine or Summit as a free for all instead of keeping people organized and moving in a mellow, peaceful fashion. I dont go to the resort to experience that kind of chaos and see friends get trampled.
    Same. There's a few earlier morning powder hounds at Bachy, that always crowd the front of Red on a Saturday.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

And now, a message from your family friendly neighborhood ski company;

We are thrilled to share with you today that the time has finally come to install the new Skyliner – our first six-pack detachable chairlift. This new lift is an investment in the future of Mt. Bachelor and will allow us to grow into our long-term goals for the mountain by adding uphill capacity in a bottlenecked area during busy days. It will also help us increase reliability, ultimately enhancing the Mt. Bachelor experience for everyone.

In order to have the new Skyliner ready for the winter 2023/24 season, we need ample time to remove the existing lift and install the new lift. We are scheduled to begin tear down of the existing lift on May 1, 2023. The process of removing the lift will be done in conjunction with spring operations and should take approximately 1.5 months to complete.

As to be expected, the de-construction process will affect our spring operating plan and terrain footprint. As in previous years, all 4,323 acres of terrain is scheduled to remain open every day the weather permits through mid-April. Then in May, more than 1,500 acres will remain open daily through our planned closing date of Sunday, May 28. Run closures beginning May 1 will include DSQ, Dentists Way, Lower Avalanche, Lower Cliffhanger, Skyliner Lift Line, Access to the Moraine above Skyliner, and the Woodward Mountain Parks situated below the West Village getback: Cannon Beach, The Point, and Lower Peace Park.

Weather permitting, we plan to operate Pine Marten, Sunrise, and Summit lifts from May 1 through closing day on May 28. You can see our projected spring operating schedule and a revised map of anticipated open terrain during the month of May on our Sunchaser Spring page.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    And now, a message from your family friendly neighborhood ski company;
    I get it, but spring park closures is absolutely killings me

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Did Summit ever pop, or was it just Ski Patrol doing laps and snow evaluations for a few hours? Thx.

it didn't pop. winds gusted all day long. gonna be wind affected but good on the west side
    You know what to do

it didn't pop. winds gusted all day long. gonna be wind affected but good on the west side
    Thanks Tap! Might go up tomorrow. I brought back a bad chest cold from Denver. No way I could have hit the slopes earlier this week without literally puking up a lung. Just trying to snow blow my damn driveway yesterday about killed me. But nothing like the prospect for some fresh pow to motivate the mind and body.

And there were people waiting at 0900, and again when I went by about 1:00. Not sure if it was the same delusional bunch. Cloud deck was too low for patrol to run AC routes before about 1030. Never heard any booming

Great skiing and catching up with k2skier today. Enjoy your trip thru Tahoe and Mammoth mang.

Oh yeah, this was at SR lodge at 0800 this AM. Looks like somebody’s Thursday didn’t end well…
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8D5BD626-E430-46DD-B981-B2006D216780.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	818.2 KB 
ID:	449155

Some folks waited a full 6 hours.

They must have been cold.
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

Oh yeah, this was at SR lodge at 0800 this AM. Looks like somebody’s Thursday didn’t end well…

Oh! The humanity!!!

Name:	0BA8CA7F-BF98-47D6-AE5B-B54721E4A2FE.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	741.6 KB 
ID:	449180

This was spotted Wednesday. The binder was in the breezeway.
    Yes, it’s a rental ski

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    And there were people waiting at 0900, and again when I went by about 1:00. Not sure if it was the same delusional bunch. Cloud deck was too low for patrol to run AC routes before about 1030. Never heard any booming

Great skiing and catching up with k2skier today. Enjoy your trip thru Tahoe and Mammoth mang.

Thanks, I had a good time too. As long as I80 opens by Sunday morning it will be glorious

One pic. Nothing like the prospect of some Summit laps to motivate the soul.

Good morning on the local hill. That was some of the deepest 1" I've skied in a long, long time.

Just kept getting deeper and deeper as the day progressed.

ludo die

What a day at MHM! Waist deep in PR/Heather. Ghost town after 10.

Name:	7A4490D0-DD8F-468D-B1F6-D97DE1A095CA.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	541.8 KB 
ID:	449397
    Dumping coming thru Gov Camp.

Name:	E3AC9BD6-9612-41A5-B8CA-94F9AC5221DA.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	785.4 KB 
ID:	449398
    People were stuck all over the place. Bar keeper said 22” fell today.

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    What a day at MHM! Waist deep in PR/Heather. Ghost town after 10.
    Today was a great one not to miss for sure. I was home with family members puking all over

Got some great runs Thursday though!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpB0L...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=

(Newton drainage. Felt like I was back at the Bird!)

Awesome day today. I'm glad the weekend warriors had a day to get in on the action this week at MHM. Props for working 9-5, M-F and still coming to the hill every weekend. Surprised how empty it felt. Tons of vehicles stuck in the lots when I left at 3. Night shift will be a good one.

Weekends over. Upcoming week looks excellent. I'll see y'all with flexible work schedules at the hill.

The "damaging winds" forecast kept me from making the Meadows trip yesterday. Apparently I fucked up.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    The "damaging winds" forecast kept me from making the Meadows trip yesterday. Apparently I fucked up.
    +1
    it was apparently a replay of last wednesday...

Oregon 2022/2023 Triple Nina Winter Season

Oh my good gawd is the snow amazing on Mt Hood today. No lines, and deep AF. Heavenly.

Some powder scraps at Bachelor for an afternoon session. Snowing off and on and everyone had left after schralping the goods.