Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1282
    A 15% reduction in budget resulting in a 75% reduction in critical services. Seems a leadership change might be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    A 15% reduction in budget resulting in a 75% reduction in critical services. Seems a leadership change might be necessary.
    …at the same time there’s a huge kicker refund coming…

just kind of odd state accounting…

I’m going to ask my rep if there was a bill on the docket that couldn’t get a vote due to House shutdowns …

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Fuckin Tesla drivers…

Ha. Bills in for it.
    yepper

^^^Fuckin welfare queen using public roads without paying their fair share for construction and upkeep

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    …at the same time there’s a huge kicker refund coming…

just kind of odd state accounting…
    It’s just basic fund accounting. Certain taxes and fees can only be used for speciifc purposes.

State needs to increase the fuel tax and assess an annual fee on hybrids and EVs. But then all the brodozer and EV drivers will get pissed.

Fukn hilarious. $3.00 a running mile to operate.
    yepper

That time of the year again...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WPSP.SkiSwap.23-01.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1,023.1 KB 
ID:	473439

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Sounds like they need to charge a special EV tax to fund road services. I do hope this results in less people being able to make it up to the mountain on big snow days. Not wishing for death and destruction on Century Drive. Just lots of tourons in their AWD vehicles shoed with AS tires stuck and clogging up the road. Of course well after I have made my ascent to the Bachelor parking lot.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Of course well after I have made my ascent to the Bachelor parking lot.
    If only. It never happens that way for me! LOL

You want a Pony. I'll deliver.
    yepper

Oregon 2022/2023 Triple Nina Winter Season

Gotta love scapegoats. Out of 4 million registered vehicles in Oregon, 70,000 are EVs, not even 2%. And hybrids? Yeah so fuel economy increases from like 25 mpg to 36 mpg for a comparable vehicle weight/class, but that can’t be more than 10% of vehicles on the road either.

I think inflation, population growth, *and chronic underfunding and piss poor planning of actual road resurfacing and other repair needs* are the real things going on with deferred maintenance and maintenance shortfalls!

Let’s also not forget that WA state gas tax is $0.494/gallon where ours is $0.38. This problem started long before EVs.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Come on Schralph - Get out of here with your facts and logic! We're having a pity party in here!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

What’s funny is that I am the guy whose daily driver is a crew cab F250 - so I am paying my fair share of road tax on a per gallon basis! Using that thing for daycare drop off and groceries in Eugene is absolutely stupid and absurd. So I have actually been looking for a used Nissan leaf as an around the town car, should have done it over a year ago.

Oh well, anyways, based on how crappy 126 was last year with 10,000 potholes, and the fact that they only resurfaced the highway below McKenzie bridge this summer, but not above it, I can predict that towing the RV up that road this winter is going to be even worse than last year. Maybe I should go find a local welder and get my leaf spring hangers boxed in and reinforced?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Are there parking lots big enough for a 250?
    yepper

Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    There are. But they are in the smaller towns like Prineville or Madras.

Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    I learned from Austin Powers!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Somebody at ODOT really screwed up that press release since obviously the goal was to get the public to direct their ire at the Legislature who approves the budget, but instead everyone is still looking at ODOT.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Gotta love scapegoats. Out of 4 million registered vehicles in Oregon, 70,000 are EVs, not even 2%. And hybrids? Yeah so fuel economy increases from like 25 mpg to 36 mpg for a comparable vehicle weight/class, but that can’t be more than 10% of vehicles on the road either.

I think inflation, population growth, *and chronic underfunding and piss poor planning of actual road resurfacing and other repair needs* are the real things going on with deferred maintenance and maintenance shortfalls!

Let’s also not forget that WA state gas tax is $0.494/gallon where ours is $0.38. This problem started long before EVs.
    If that was aimed at me, know that I was merely warming up my talking points for a guy in my and interloper’s ski crew. He’s rich, drives a Tesla and bitches about his taxes on passive income.

lol no, I was sniping at ODOT for even trying to publicly blame EVs and fuel efficient vehicles for a bigger systemic issue neglected by legislators.

I’ll be happy to pay my fair share for winter road maintenance when I get an EV as well!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

:::::@:::::

I got that same alert!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20221224-171019_Samsung Internet.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	303.8 KB 
ID:	473671

Hey down here
    10/25 central oregon forecast for snow
    yepper

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    lol no, I was sniping at ODOT for even trying to publicly blame EVs and fuel efficient vehicles for a bigger systemic issue neglected by legislators.

I’ll be happy to pay my fair share for winter road maintenance when I get an EV as well!
    I think the next evolution of winter road maintenance will be a season's winter parking pass at Bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I think the next evolution of winter road maintenance will be a season's winter parking pass at Bachelor.
    That’s theoretically how it works on Mt Hood right now. Annual USFS passes (aka “Sno-Park”) for designated areas all over the mountain.

:::::@:::::