Page 113 of 135 FirstFirst ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3371
    Man I hate the clickbait era of headline writing. “Huge” avalanche? Lol…
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

"Meh .... just a sluff"

Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    Rode Scott chair on Sunday with a ‘trolller who made it sound like the reason “Beaver” and “Estelle” are closed is due to massive cornices.
    I swear he told us they’ve tossed bombs at them and they won’t budge and that they’re just waiting for them to let loose on their own.
    One of them alleged cornices back in April:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8760.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	351.1 KB 
ID:	458693

hand charges don’t do shit on stuff like that - buried ANFO shots are the way to go - it’s got a bigger punch
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

TAHOE 22/23 -THE YEAR OF THE (t)RAM

Rode Scott chair on Sunday with a ‘trolller who made it sound like the reason “Beaver” and “Estelle” are closed is due to massive cornices.
    I swear he told us they’ve tossed bombs at them and they won’t budge and that they’re just waiting for them to let loose on their own.
    Of course with the amount of wax in my ears and tinnitus, I could have easily misheard him…

Today I met up wit Vets, G2A, and Bullhorn late in the am @ AM.
    Things were already cooked by 10:30, though I managed to gurk-n-jerk my way through til noon. Hit up “Chute That Seldom Slides” a few times and it went from crispy clumps to sticky.
    Hit up “Gentian Gully” 2x and the gut was decent because of the pitch, but getting there was like skiing over flypaper; sticky with the lurch-n-go action.

8-10 is the window…
    Shit, I thought I saw Vets and didn’t give him a shout…
    Definitely was great most of day yesterday but little earlier window today..
    Nutty coverage

ATTACH]458728[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1683839497.360904.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	458728  
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

5.7 trembler near lake Almanor. Anybody feel it?
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Nope.
    But I got an Earthquake alert on my phone in all caps telling me to duck and cover…
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Nope.
    But I got an Earthquake alert on my phone in all caps telling me to duck and cover…
    Well did you? I'm not sure what good an earthquake alert will do? Or is Tahoe big enough to have tsunamis?

It is!

D1 in beaver bowl some time yesterday from cornice collapse. Also some major creep happening along the edges of those things in just 24hrs.

Did not feel the eq in TC, but girlfriend reported things falling off shelves a half mile away.

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk

Some pretty dam smooth corn today

Name:	94557263-DA72-4995-AD7F-C624739A462F.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	256.8 KB 
ID:	458744

Nope.
    Same in S Reno

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Not really from earthquakes though.

This study modeled that a 7.0 earthquake could create waves up to 10-30 feet for a few hours. https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley....9/1999GL011119
    Ichinose, G. A., Anderson, J. G., Satake, K., Schweickert, R. A., & Lahren, M. M. (2000). The potential hazard from tsunami and seiche waves generated by large earthquakes within Lake Tahoe, California‐Nevada. Geophysical Research Letters, 27(8), 1203-1206.

The more catastrophic scenario is a large underwater landslide similar to what happened in Mckinney bay 50k years ago. That would be super destructive. After 6 minutes in tahoe lake water would be above marlette lake.

I hear TRPA is considering new requirements in light of recent seismic activity to require all people in the basin to wear a life jacket below 8,000 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    It is!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Some pretty dam smooth corn today

Name:	94557263-DA72-4995-AD7F-C624739A462F.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	256.8 KB 
ID:	458744
    Great photo!

Alpine was entertaining yesterday.

I was able to take two Bernies laps (Estelle was all debris) with patrol turning the signs to closed at around 8:40am. Smooth smooth corn on those laps. Followed those by some untracked Sisters corn...sun was really started to slow things down but given the angle of that slope, its understandable. Groomers were on point yesterday...especially under the TLC chair. After High Traverse closed, I figured it was time for top of Keyhole but patrol had it closed even though Keyhole was open. So tried an alternative plan by played around in Sherwood cliffs, took a late Sherwood groomer and then ended up booting up to high yellow to ski the smooth corn next to the Gazex...skiing was great but it was then by lower back starting seizing up. Yup, lots of driving and not a lot of skiing will do it eh? With Scott opening, I jumped in line (surprisingly a full corral of people)...headed to the hidden chute into Promised Land and realized I was missing a pole basket. Of course, between that, my lower back and the snow getting slower and slower, my equilibrium was gone. Did another lap hiking the steep out of bounds chutes above Scott but pretty damn wet-slidey. Noticed people were on Keyhole so hiked up to the top to end the day...snow was really wet and a bit hard to control with a bad back and one pole basket so called it quits around 1pm.

Tallac sat was boot top pow, better than expected.

Angora area was wind buff and surprisingly cold snow sunday, didnt really get warm or sun affected all day to the extent one would expect in may. Better than expected

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Felt it and thought my roof was finally unloading. No such luck though (still have 3-4 feet up there).

Cheap place to stay in Truckee

Hi Maggots,

Planning to be get some California turns between Mammoth and Tahoe. Unfortunately found out that the Red Light Hostel in Truckee has permanently closed.

Looking for a cheap alternative to crash.

Thanks
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Tallac sat was boot top pow, better than expected.

Angora area was wind buff and surprisingly cold snow sunday, didnt really get warm or sun affected all day to the extent one would expect in may. Better than expected
    Better late than never I guess.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Random boot fitting question, my wife after two kids needs new ski boots as her feet are just too big for her old boots. She’s a beginner skier so she doesn’t need a 130flex boot but someone who can fit her so she stops complaining about her feet hurting.Where in north lake should she go? Anybody still have inventory?

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Random boot fitting question, my wife after two kids needs new ski boots as her feet are just too big for her old boots. She’s a beginner skier so she doesn’t need a 130flex boot but someone who can fit her so she stops complaining about her feet hurting.Where in north lake should she go? Anybody still have inventory?
    I recommend BOBO’s. In Reno. They still have all the ski stuff out
    They are just consistently good. For what you’re looking for I believe the perfect place
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Tahoe Sports Hub in Truckee.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Tahoe Sports Hub in Truckee.
    Anyone in particular she should talk to?

Kirkwood really fun yesterday. Props to them for staying open.

The Wall was in great shape, it's definitely not every year you can ski right off the top and just rip steep soft turns wherever you want. What a season..

Tried out a new pair of Black Crows Justis, I think I liked them but I'm so used to skiing 120mm tanks that they felt a bit squishy. Maybe it was the spring snow.

We had a absolutely great time just skiing off 10 on Friday too. And we did try elsewhere, but nothing skied quite as well as that strip they'd groomed under the lift into buckboard. Ha!
    Had planned to show up today, to see if we could spot us some Maggots, but chance of pm Tstorms, on top of crowds and mushy snow has kept us away.
    See y'all next season.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...