Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I should probably get one of them will thingies, huh?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I should probably get one of them will thingies, huh?
    Hey, man... when you got no money *or* assets, there's really no point.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Hey, man... when you got no money *or* assets, there's really no point.

no needed. truth is truth.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    no needed. truth is truth.
    I *know* you recently sold a house in Boulder for like $8 million...

You should have one.

We just did a trust with our lawyer in Golden and it was $2900 with some extras that you may not need. I think the original quote was closer to $2k before we got into specifics. Happy to PM you her info if you're interested.

FYI - Our lawyer advised a trust over a will to avoid probate and for privacy.

Even with a trust, you should have a will.
    There’s always leftovers.

And there’s a big difference between irrevocable and revocable trusts. The former is key if you’re trying not to give all your money to a nursing home.
    . . .

a simple will was I think < 400 $ but not much cuz i don't remember, i think buddy spent it all on skis and a sled
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Everyone should have a will, it’s just being nice to your family and friends after you croak.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I *know* you recently sold a house in Boulder for like $8 million...
    You must have mistaken me for someone with money.

I know it's not helpful but we'fve always had access to hyatt legal through work (3 places I've worked offered it!). We met with an attoney in a local practice each time; did the package but no trusts, yet. cost was like $7.00 / month.

My wife's grandfather left a decent estate (about $1m in 1976) and she had effectively a 1/10th interest in it; enough that I saw that the damn trust co (litterally Trust Company BAnk) just raped the shit outta the trust with fees. $25k a year with no trades. Trust apparently doesn't come cheap.

Query if there is any such thing as a resonably priced trustee/adminstrator. YMMV.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    Ok, you have a point if the couple kept their finances separate. Mrs. DJSapp and I have combined accounts so it's not an issue.
    That assumes you have them held as JTWROS. And some “assets” may not be able to be held that way. In any event, for not a heck of a lot, you can get a “pour over” will and trust, which can cover it all.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

IMHO, it would be malpractice to setup a revocable trust without a pour over will.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Send me a pm and I'll give you my work e-mail and answer any questions you may have. I deal with this stuff very frequently.
    This is the OPs answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

IMHO, it would be malpractice to setup a revocable trust without a pour over will.
    Duh…and this is not directed at MTM, but to all those who think that a will and a trust are incompatible devices.

That’s why you should spend a little now, and avoid spending a lot later

I hope the pour over will is well funded with makers mark. Or other suitable whiskey to pour over my grave.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Everyone should have a will, it’s just being nice to your family and friends after you croak.
    If we're talking about making it as easy as possible for your executer, also fill out an Executors Checklist.

You can find them on line for free, tons out there on most major banks websites and various blogs that talk about this kind of stuff. It lists out all your various savings, real estate holdings, business interests, insurance details, banking stuff, pension details etc. It will make life much easier for your estate. It's basically a one stop shop of all the things that will need to be tied up after your death.

Also learn about your investments and how they are taxed after death. Ei non-registered assets (eg RRSPs in Canada) will be considered as income and there be taxed %50 at death, where as registered assets will pass much easier and tax free to the estate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    If we're talking about making it as easy as possible for your executer, also fill out an Executors Checklist.

You can find them on line for free, tons out there on most major banks websites and various blogs that talk about this kind of stuff. It lists out all your various savings, real estate holdings, business interests, insurance details, banking stuff, pension details etc. It will make life much easier for your estate. It's basically a one stop shop of all the things that will need to be tied up after your death.

Also learn about your investments and how they are taxed after death. Ei non-registered assets (eg RRSPs in Canada) will be considered as income and there be taxed %50 at death, where as registered assets will pass much easier and tax free to the estate.
    my sister the senior banker set up my mothers money so our names were all on a joint accounts, so when she died we just split up the money, very easy

I haven’t read the whole thread, but I think you’re in Colorado. The laws of what the state gets if you’re not fully written up in a will are pretty strong.
    My FIL just passed away last week and we are dealing with his stuff right now, Our lawyer, who Is a close family friend, said in Colorado you should pay for a professional to do it, if you lived In some of the simpler states, they said you can get away with the online agencies for a will/estate planning.
    I guess in Colorado it’s pretty crazy what the state can just take from the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I hope the pour over will is well funded with makers mark. Or other suitable whiskey to pour over my grave.
    How about Evan WILLiams or WILLet?

Send me a pm and I'll give you my work e-mail and answer any questions you may have. I deal with this stuff very frequently.
    Send me your shit cause I realized that I give my brother a chunk of change every month after he got out of prison and he is such a fuck up I don't relt care anymore so I need to cut him outta my will and shit but hey my financial advisor wad like looking over my will and shit and he was like why well the best thing about dying is your dead and you don't give a fuck when your dead so let the faggots fight like the cunts they are I just remember my exs will was like a three inch binder thick for real but when your fiamily is one of the the largest landowners in America that's how shit is just hoping I get my thirty acres and a mule someday from that fick up

Re upping your ration of punctuation marks.

''''''''''''''''
    !!!!!!!!!
    ????????

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    I know it's not helpful but we'fve always had access to hyatt legal through work (3 places I've worked offered it!). We met with an attoney in a local practice each time; did the package but no trusts, yet. cost was like $7.00 / month.

My wife's grandfather left a decent estate (about $1m in 1976) and she had effectively a 1/10th interest in it; enough that I saw that the damn trust co (litterally Trust Company BAnk) just raped the shit outta the trust with fees. $25k a year with no trades. Trust apparently doesn't come cheap.

Query if there is any such thing as a resonably priced trustee/adminstrator. YMMV.
    Same thing happened to my MIL--my wife's father died when she was 8 and his estate was administered by a trust company with her mom having no control over it. The trustee churned the estate down to nothing, left her only the house. That sort of thing--husband thinking wife not capable of managing money--was common back in the day .

That's a different kind of trust though--for most of us there should be at least one honest family member or friend who can be the trustee of a revocable living trust for free or very little after the second spouse dies. With my mom's estate my brother and I were co-trustees for free; our cousin did a thousand worth of legal work. (She charges half for family members; I told her she's insane. Charge double for family members to compensate for the grief they will cause you.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Same thing happened to my MIL--my wife's father died when she was 8 and his estate was administered by a trust company with her mom having no control over it. The trustee churned the estate down to nothing, left her only the house. That sort of thing--husband thinking wife not capable of managing money--was common back in the day .

That's a different kind of trust though--for most of us there should be at least one honest family member or friend who can be the trustee of a revocable living trust for free or very little after the second spouse dies. With my mom's estate my brother and I were co-trustees for free; our cousin did a thousand worth of legal work. (She charges half for family members; I told her she's insane. Charge double for family members to compensate for the grief they will cause you.)
    Definitely some truth to that. When I was an executor I was told by two lawyers and an accountant that estate debates were the leading cause of siblings becoming estranged.

actualy due to preplanning by my sister, the estate was wound down/ paid out in 9 months which is pretty quick

it was the anti vax/ glen beck/ great reset theories that became the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    That went without acknowledgment for too long.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!