Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Bob and Lumpy, thanks for taking care of those suppers.

I recommend that we take over the loop on the west end of the campground. Good sites with shelters and spots big enough for campers and trailers, and the shitter has running water. I've got site 15 booked.

4/20 On the Green

Reminder, PFDs are mandatory on the A. Bring one for yourself and your boat passengers.

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    I picked up site 8 from Tuesday to Saturday. Seems like that loop is filling up.
    Last edited by Lumpy; 04-14-2023 at 04:34 PM.

4/20 On the Green

Site 6 = Djongo & I

Looks like across the road from Lumpy (site 8) plus next door to a shitter.

Wednesday check in, Saturday check out.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Went ahead and grabbed site 5 just to make sure I'm in the game.

Scooped site 20. In Thursday, out Saturday. I’m still a little up in the air with work shit, but ideally hitting the road Wednesday night,, showing up Thursday morning. Rolling solo so have plenty of room if people need a spot.

Stoked!

I got site 4, me and a buddy. We have room for plenty of others. Stoked to make this happen!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Looks like roads are good and lower is clearing per Bob report from Swallow area. I was supposed to head up there today but had a family injury that will keep me here till Tuesday. Weather supposed to turn some then, but it also may keep the melt from blowing the lower river out. Going to keep my Dripping Springs spot, but we also may have further options of river to run. Good Baetis reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    Looks like roads are good and lower is clearing per Bob report from Swallow area. I was supposed to head up there today but had a family injury that will keep me here till Tuesday. Weather supposed to turn some then, but it also may keep the melt from blowing the lower river out. Going to keep my Dripping Springs spot, but we also may have further options of river to run. Good Baetis reports.
    Lumpy, good to hear conditions are improving. Looks like cold, but maybe not a ton of precip this week?

So it’s been a few years since I’ve ran A, and it was in a raft at summer flows. 800 sounds boney, and tgap mentioned it was challenging. I could bring a raft with fishing frame or the hard boat. Low cfs plus high thc has me thinking raft? What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Edit: what’s the current boat count? Do I even need to bring one?

Yeah, I think the A will be a pretty good rock garden for 7 miles at 800 cfs. I know of three guys with three hard sides showing up. All the known sneakers will be like full on Alcatraz rocks. But I don’t float the upper river much unless it’s with the kids on a splash and giggle trip.

Fly shop in West Yellowstone has 420 Leeches. Good omen. Stocking up for the Green.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1681752676.950526.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	456125

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Harry for the win!

Inaugural float on Saturday was eventful. Started with the requisite leave the drain plug out. “Why’s there water coming in?”

Luckily we noticed it pretty quickly and before we left to shuttle.

The water down here was fairly clear this weekend, yesterday you could almost see the rocks you were going to hit.

I hit an invisible one pretty hard and the 11 year old went swimming. There was a fair bit of crying involved but luckily the dry bag full of spare clothes came in handy. Once we had him in some dry clothes we floated on.

Got both kids on the sticks, Taylor to Swallow on Saturday and Indian to Pipeline yesterday. My oldest picked up the casting and streamer stripping really well. The oaring is gonna take some time.

191 from Rock Springs is open. Browns Park road is fine as well, the county ran a grader over it on Friday. My oldest drove it in his Jetta all weekend. It’s dry and dusty out here at Boblandia.

The river is fucked down here today, chocolate. I ran to Trout Creek Flies and grabbed some gas, wood, and ice. Cruised through Dripping Springs, there were a few people camping but not very busy.

I’m going to start cooking some rice here in a bit. Gotta have it chilled for Friday night. There’s about a 90% chance my shit will be botulism free, but ya take your chances…

The droppers on the upper loop are closed and no running water on upper loop. Vault toilet open down by spots 1-4

Swimmy the A is entirely navigable at the lower flows, I have run it a LOT in a hard boat at those flows, just have to be nimble on the stickers.
    I am rolling into DJ tomorrow night with a couple buddies, staying at my buddies DJ abode - what can I say Im a pussy, I like a soft bed and a warm shower. I will find you boys for beers and hopefully a few floating laughs! Safe travels everyone

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Came down with a nasty head cold Sunday but fighting through and feeling much better today than I did yesterday.

Managed to get everything loaded up today. Just gotta hit the store on the way out and grab some groceries. We'll see how the drive goes but I'm leaning on rolling in midday Thursday.

Let's go!

Name:	IMG_6225.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	594.6 KB 
ID:	456321

Roads are so nasty right now in town. Just a thin sheet of ice. Just saw a bad wreck on huffine. Car slid out of control into oncoming traffic. Everyone was ok but really scary.

Shortly thereafter I about jackknifed the trailer even though I have the gain turned off and was only going 20. Decided to pull over and let it warm up a bit.

This is turning into quite the adventure.

Be safe swimmy! Looking forward to seeing you.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Let's go!

Name:	IMG_6225.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	594.6 KB 
ID:	456321
    Good looking rig swimmy! Safe travels

I’m packed and loaded as well. Hoping to hit the road by 6, roll into DJ late tonight or early tomorrow. Just need i80 to stay open. It’s been on/off closures for light high profiles. Windy as fuck on the east side of divide.

Tele, thanks for chiming in on the A. I just needed someone to tell me to stop
    being a pussy! Bringing the hard boat.

Djongo & I departing Jackson in a few minutes. Light flurries in the air but roads look good. Planning to stop at the Mountain Man Museum in Pinedale because history matters. Campground arrival approx 4-5 this afternoon.

Swimmy, once you get here you should be OK.

hope everyone has safe travels!

i'll be there tomorrow evening, likely late, but I'm stoked to see everyone!

Rise and shine!

Name:	IMG_6232.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	416.7 KB 
ID:	456404

I thought it was wake and bake.

Have fun boys! Wish I could've made the trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

site four at dripping springs, come ask for change for a nickel

Day one did not disappoint! I get into the campground at about 8 am. With in 5 min, Lumpy rolls up, ask for change, and tells me to grab the 7wt. It s a streamer day. We roll down to Boblandia to check out the scene and get on the water. It was snowing hard! And we stuck em good! Solid first day and great to meet up with some Mags for the first time!

Name:	IMG_7271.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	456503Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7257.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	456504Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7251.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	456505Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7277.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	456506