Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gerome - Corbet's has been closed for the majority of this season due to sparse snow conditions. I suspect that's why you didn't get a crack at it.
    And yeah, they def ran the Natty select. Yawn. More flailing.

I'm pretty sure Mild was relieved of his duties for JHMR. He hasn't been on the hill for a year or two. We cross paths more in summer now, usually at the Igneous factory. Always asks if I'm holding. And he always knows I am...

He bought some land down on Fremont lake, by Pinedale, and is working on some abode there.
    Methinks his brother is an Alpental local type, so there's that.

That video is kinda funny, both Rutter and Miller are quite the old school Air Force dogs, mentors and friends. Ski bums as pure as the driven snow.

Brian and the aforementioned tele master Hirschland used to rule the freeheel roost and B. still does. He has the blue patch tattooed on his arm as seen in the SSD movie.

Dave Miller and his brother both jumped off of the stonework to the lookers left of S&S, anciently known as M&M, waaaaay back in the day. Arguably the manliest huck on Sublette ridge. And never once repeated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Junk comp, a term coined by Coombsie; Locs like he and the Hunt bros and Tommy B. would go crush the Nastar course just to set the results bar super high. Goooood luck getting the gold pin...

Building hits on this mountain is stupid. Mother nature has provided them everywhere.
    I haven't heard of a single skier hitting Triple Diagonal Direct in over 20 years. Same with Liquor cabinet stack or Banana Twinkie. Those are test pieces, not launching a buffed out kicker to cake.

No wild Bill in SS today. I think 2016 or 17 was the last year it happened for him. Another much younger local huck-master (DD ) had a birthday today and wanted to honor the tradition but was denied by patrol when asked to sign out (which raises the question on why have someone sign out ) ?. Tough conditions yesterday and performances reflected that. A slopestyle course in Corbets is bad form by any measure and diminishes things IMO. There is enough there to do it straight away...but like fake hits built for Natural Selection they think they need more when there is enough already. Some really low end performances on the ladies side, Gals I ski with every day could have shown them up. Some day they will accept that this mountain does not set up well for competitions of that sort and that the true "champions" are out everyday here quietly getting it done whether anyone is watching or not.

Skied with Bill at Alpental earlier this year apparently JHMR gave him the ban hammer so it's unlikely you'll see him for a while

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Brian and the aforementioned tele master Hirschland used to rule the freeheel roost and B. still does. He has the blue patch tattooed on his arm as seen in the SSD movie.
    Brian used to work at Anthony’s?

Aka Happy

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Speaking of tele, is John Day still around?

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Brian used to work at Anthony’s?

Aka Happy

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen
    Yup, skis 7 out of 7 days. Year in, year out.
    Still giggly as ever.

We're like a tag team, he's usually getting to the vill as I'm leaving.
    Like the 2 sheepdogs in the old looney tunes cartoons, one's punching out as the other's punching in...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I kinda remember John Day but can't place him and def not seen him in forevs.

Wstdeep - agreed, there was some seriously low caliber turns and long side slips in there. I am a firm believer that both of these comps should have 4 local talent guaranteed entry slots.
    Last year's Queen of Corbet's had maybe the lamest run, slipped 80% of the run and slid offa 2 hits and blew the first cakewalk one. See the replay at about 32 minutes in.

I like Jess McMillan but this approach to marketing events lacks inventiveness.

I don't dislike seeing huge launches into the cooler fosho. Just wish it was in a better place. Like the Haas Couloir.

there a more condensed version or highlights video out there? I watched the first few riders on the replay but don't feel like sifting through the whole original broadcast.

I kinda remember John Day but can't place him and def not seen him in forevs.

John is Tom's brother. He was the local ripping pinhead. One day he took the early tram and head OB to Targhee mid winter before OB was open in '89. Clearly mad respect from patrol. He worked at the Soj and schooled our asses on OB back then. He summered back in VT. Last time I saw him was a spring day on Mt Washington yrs ago. Super nice guy. I like to see him again.

DJ
    Sander is one of the most modest humans I have ever met. And his girl can bend a ski too.
    The first time he met my daughter he treated her like she was a rock star with ski movie credit.

Kind folk

^^^^
    TH - yeah, ya know we were just hanging in the woods across from the masses and he and his bud and gal came over and we discussed safety at such an event. I introduced myself, asked for change and we chatted for a few.
    Seemed super pleasant and glad to have his run behind him and especially glad to be back in the comp.
    Hope to catch up with him again sometime, maybe take some laps.

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    No wild Bill in SS today. I think 2016 or 17 was the last year it happened for him. Another much younger local huck-master (DD ) had a birthday today and wanted to honor the tradition but was denied by patrol when asked to sign out (which raises the question on why have someone sign out ) ?. Tough conditions yesterday and performances reflected that. A slopestyle course in Corbets is bad form by any measure and diminishes things IMO. There is enough there to do it straight away...but like fake hits built for Natural Selection they think they need more when there is enough already. Some really low end performances on the ladies side, Gals I ski with every day could have shown them up. Some day they will accept that this mountain does not set up well for competitions of that sort and that the true "champions" are out everyday here quietly getting it done whether anyone is watching or not.
    Confirmed yesterday Bill did SS last year on his 70th birthday and said that was his last

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Confirmed yesterday Bill did SS last year on his 70th birthday and said that was his last

S&S on the 70th?

Holy fuck. Beast mode.

He’s earned the right to say no more.

Impressive
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Bill is a beast. For years I met him at random places in the sidecountry.

My fave was bottom of saint patty’s day and he rolls up in the orange prison suit. Asks if anyone is holding. We ripped a few and has some laughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post

Consider, the orange outfit. He was so stoked when he got that. Maybe comped from a shop or something. It was beat and dirty in short order.
    Made by Kjus, at first we called him orange julius but that shrank to orange Kjus...
    The village gene pool suffers for him not being around.

Small world.

I met Bill in Chamonix circa 2012. He was quite jolly at the time.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

King and Queens 22

speaking of wild bill -
    he and andrew were on the jacksonholememeforce instagram story today 🤣 and thanks strawjack for the shout out, I read that to him
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4986.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	507.8 KB 
ID:	407089

coombs was good company too.
    we took our honeymoon to la grave because of him
    skid luxury

Bump. Fknsndr boys and girls!

Karl's gonna win his 3rd bullhead

We'll see, it's gonna be a foot of fluff on firm chalk.

2 big indicator rocks still showing.
    The pack's not overly deep so the drop is gonna be a bit greater.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I skied a lap with the Wild one yesterday. He was out turning with Damaris, Skiing-in-Jackson's daughter.
    What a pair those two, prolly 40 years between their ages.

No live stream this year? Dumb.

Typical JHMR, if they can fuck up a free meal, they will.

Typical JHMR, if they can fuck up a free meal, they will.
    Yep.
    Saltines and relish and cholula sauce.
    Those were the days. No more cracka

Veronica went for the dub she has humongous balls

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoYEh...d=Yzg5MTU1MDY=

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Veronica went for the dub she has humongous balls

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoYEh...d=Yzg5MTU1MDY=
    incredible. I wish this was streamed. I ended up working entirely too much today.

ran into wild bill last year at whitepine in pinedale. said they kicked him off the mtn. lives in pinedale now. dude is hilarious.

ran into another character this am at tamarack idaho. dude is pounding beers marb reds and herb at 930 am. fkin character..

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Trying to not look at any other posts in this thread.

Is there a replay anywhere yet?